Celestial Being Returns

celebeing.jpg

There comes a time in every nation leader's life where he feels he's found a calling. A calling to action. Well I've had this calling in the past, and I've received it yet again.

During the recent incident incident where FoA was raided I'd heard a lot of calls against the injustice that had beholden them called tech raiding. While I heard all these calls, I've noticed only very few have actually taken pains to stop this act from occurring. I have seen some good leaders however whom truly do act based on their beliefs and those are the type that I admire most. Kudos to Elyat for the aid he's organized for FoA and kudos to Kev from The Corporation for his diplomatic intervention on the incident. Both of them acted in accordance with what they feel is right and wrong, and I applaud them for it.

On the other hand there are many out there to whom this call of helping others is merely a sham. They simply yell out over grievances and never take active steps to back up their beliefs bar complaining in public. They claim they can't do anything because they either don't have the power with them nor the support.

There are also those whom keep complaining that Planet Bob has gotten dull and boring. That nothing exciting really happens anymore. That they want some more enjoyment and action.

Well I ask those people here now, why don't you take the initiative and produce these moments yourselves? Why don't you follow your own views on this world? Why don't you find something to occupy your time with instead of complaining about the lack thereof? Why don't you take the step up and stop being repressed by the current system where only the leaders of certain alliances can truly enjoy this planet?

To those people whom just read that and are prepared to take the next step. To those that really want to make a change in Planet Bob. To those whom are ready to do some work and make some sacrifices. To those of you ready to truly be a leader on this global stage. To you all, I bring you Celestial Being.

Celestial Being is an alliance dedicated to its principles and allies. Our main focus will be to help aligned and unaligned nations on Planet Bob whom are being tech raided for no other reason than greed. While we recognize every nation's sovereign right to raid as they please, we also recognize that those that are raided should have a chance to be helped by a formal entity instead of simply deciding it's not worth staying on this Planet any longer and leaving. They had no chance to learn of the cruel reality of this Planet and as such we will act in accordance to our beliefs that everyone should be given that opportunity. We recognize our sovereign right and duty to act out on our ideals and beliefs. We are Celestial Being.

From this day forth Celestial Being will actively try and message all aligneds or unaligned nations that are being raided, bar the ones whom are being formally protected. With their consent we will message the attacker and his alliance when applicable and try to use diplomacy in order to have the war ended immediately. We will offer the nation being attacked a refuge in Celestial Being as a temporary member until he feels he is good to go on by himself and embrace the rest of the world. We will offer him aid should he request it and it be available. We shall offer military support against unaligned nations whom refuse to end their attacks. We shall offer military support against aligned attackers whom are deemed rogue by their alliance. We will offer alliances that are being raided a temporary 7 day protectorate.

Of course this is an ambitious project and I am the only one involved at the moment. If you feel you are inspired by this or wish to render help in any form but feel like you should remain in your alliance, that is fine. We will accept outside donations and promise of military support should your alliances be fine with it. The world can't change with pretty words alone, and we're here to make sure that this world won't be full of just words.

If anybody has any questions or interest feel free to ask here, find me on IRC, send me a PM, or sign up on our forums.

IRC Channel: #celestial

Forums: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Celestial_Bein...php?showtopic=3

1. Preamble

"Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination."

Celestial Being is an alliance of like minded individuals, hereby referred to as Chosen Ones, with two goals in mind. To help its allies, and to help people being raided. As Celestial Being is against all unprovoked military warfare we will be contacting all nations that are being attacked with the offer of diplomatic help to end their war. At the same time we will offer them temporary membership, clarified below, and if needed and applicable monetary and war aid. We will only attack the attackers whom are deemed rogue by their respective alliance or are unaligned if they refuse to cease their attacks.

At Celestial Being we recognize all alliances to be a full sovereign alliance regardless of membership size. As such an alliance that we see being "tech raided" we will also extend the same help previously mentioned to the unaligneds being attacked. Additionally we will offer them a 7 day temporary protectorate or until such a time as they feel they are well prepared enough to take care of themselves.

2. Salvation

"I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death."

An applicant can be granted access to be a temporary member until such a time as he feels he has enough knowledge to move on to the next step in his career. They can also choose to upgrade their membership into Chosen One status or apply to be one right away.

3. Structure of Government

"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow."

The final authority in all matters is the leader of Celestial Being and Round of Meisters, Veda.

Celestial Being is governed by the Round of Meisters. It has absolute and supreme power of the Collective and its duties include Military Affairs, Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, and Treasury Affairs.

4. Elections & Votes

Every Chosen One has one vote in elections.

There will be elections on the first of every month and will remain open for 24 hours.

The positions for Round of Meisters will be up each time in accordance with their specific department duties.

5. Team Color

We are officially a multi-colored alliance.

6. War

"War is the continuation of politics by other means."

On the road to our destiny, Celestial Being may be forced to bring war upon individual nations, alliances, or groups of alliances. The Round of Meisters

can only declare war in a unanimous decision or with the directive of Veda.

7.1. Tech Raiding

Tech Raiding is Forbidden by members of Celestial Being.

7.2. Defense

"Only those who are prepared to be shot have the right to shoot."

An attack - such as, but not limited to In-game Espionage, Declaration of War or spying away of nukes- on a Chosen One is considered an attack on the Collective and will be dealt with as such.

Celestial Being reserves the right to respond in full force to any aggression, should other diplomatic solutions be considered futile.

Signed on this day January 18th, 2010 by WarriorConcept, Veda of Celestial Being

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

veflag400.jpgcelebeing.jpg

Protection agreement between the Viridian Entente and Celestial Being

Preamble

The Viridian Entente and Celestial Being:

* Aiming at the achievement of a just, lasting and comprehensive peace;

* Aspiring to develop friendly relations and co-operation between them;

* Seeking a pathway that will lead to full and frank communication between them;

* Desiring to ensure lasting security for both alliances and in particular to avoid espionage and the threat or use of force between them;

* Deciding to establish peace between them in accordance with these Protocols for Espionage and Armed Conflict Eradication;

Have agreed as follows:

Article I – ESTABLISHMENT OF PEACE

Peace is hereby established between the Viridian Entente and Celestial Being (the "signatory alliances") effective from the exchange of the instruments of ratification of these protocols.

Article II – SOVEREIGNTY

Both of the signatory alliances and their respective member nations recognize and will respect each other's sovereignty and political independence. They recognize and will respect each other's right to live in peace within their respective alliances. They will develop good neighbourly relations of co-operation between them to ensure lasting security. They will refrain from espionage and the threat or use of force against each other and will settle all disputes between them by peaceful means.

Article III – COMMUNICATION

In signing these protocols, both signatory alliances recognize that full and frank communication is the foundation for a strong and enduring relationship and that there is mutual benefit for both alliances when open communication between them is maintained. To that end, both signatory alliances agree to productive two-way inter-alliance communication:

IIIa. The signatory alliances agree that whenever a situation arises which involves provisions within these protocols or other issues of mutual concern; there shall be full and frank communication between the signatory alliances.

IIIb. The signatory alliances shall encourage and promote effective methods of dispute resolution between the signatory alliances and their respective member nations.

IIIc. The signatory alliances commit to frequent and recurring dialogue on each others forums and IRC channels. This commitment is based on the view that open access to each others communication channels is essential to the rapid and efficient inter-alliance communication. This shall include communication at the alliance leadership level where on an as needed basis, representatives of the highest decision making bodies of the signatory alliances will jointly meet to discuss issues of mutual concern. This shall be in addition to routine diplomatic communications and the regular communication between normal member nations.

Article IV – OVERT HOSTILE ACTIVITIES

Neither signatory alliance will knowingly engage in the use of sanctions against member nations of the other signatory alliance without formal, written permission from the other signatory alliance. Neither signatory alliance shall endorse, fund, approve or engage in military action against the other signatory alliance. If an individual member nation of either signatory alliance is found in violation of this article, it shall be directed to offer peace and reparations equivalent to a minimum of 1.5 times the total damages inflicted. Though not required, defending nations shall be encouraged to defer reprisal actions until a diplomatic solution can be reached.

IVa. Should the offending member nation of a signatory alliance refuse to offer peace and agree on reparations terms, said member nation will be declared a rogue and will no longer be offered the protection of either signatory alliance.

IVb. If a signatory alliance violates this article, such activity shall be considered an act of war.

Article V – COVERT HOSTILE ACTIVITIES

Neither signatory alliance shall knowingly endorse, fund, approve or engage in espionage or other covert action against the other signatory alliance. Both signatory alliances agree not to actively or passively recruit member nations of the other alliance for the purpose of committing espionage. If either signatory alliance collects intelligence regarding a security breach or a credible threat concerning the other signatory alliance, the acquiring signatory alliance will convey all pertinent information in their possession to the other signatory alliance.

Va. Should a member nation of a signatory alliance violate this article, said member nation will be declared a rogue and will no longer be offered the protection of either signatory alliance.

Vb. If a signatory Alliance violates this article, such activity shall be considered an act of war.

Article VI – RECIPROCAL DEFENSE

Protectorate: Should Celestial Being come under attack by a foreign power, the Viridian Entente, at the request of Celestial Being, shall immediately provide military assistance as well as, but not limited to, financial, political and such other assets it has at its disposal. Should the Viridian Entente come under attack, Celestial Being is encouraged but is not obligated to provide the Viridian Entente with such assistance as it is able to muster, be it military, political or financial or other assets.

Article VII – RECOVERY AID

In the event of conflict involving only one of the signatory alliances, upon cessation of hostilities and barring other conflicting treaty obligations, the non-combatant signatory alliance shall encourage its individual member nations to voluntarily provide recovery aid to individual member nations of the war-torn signatory alliance.

In the event of conflict involving both of the signatory alliances, upon cessation of hostilities and barring other conflicting treaty obligations, both signatory alliances shall encourage its individual member nations to voluntarily provide recovery aid to individual member nations of the war-torn signatory alliances regardless of alliance membership.

Article VIII – CIVILITY

Both signatory alliances shall be resolute in their insistence that their respective members remain polite and civil to each other at all times, especially in public forums and other public venues.

Article IX – AMENDMENTS

When this treaty requires revision, the signatory alliances will mutually discuss and agree on new terms. The amended terms to this treaty are effective following a 48-hour amendment activation timeframe. Either signatory alliance may unilaterally revoke the amendment so long as the 48-hour amendment activation timeframe has not concluded.

Article X – RATIFICATION

These protocols shall be ratified by both signatory alliances in conformity with their respective procedures.

Article XI – TERMINATION

Either signatory alliance may terminate this compact at any time by providing the other signatory alliance with a 48 hour notice of intent to terminate. This compact is automatically terminated when either signatory alliance violates Article IV, V or VI of this compact.

Signed:

AS6veGreatSeal.gif

On behalf of the Viridian Entente,

Solaris, Lord of the Entente

Impero, Duke of the Entente

TypoNinja, Secretary of State

Ryuusei, Secretary of Defense

Goldielax25, Secretary of the Interior

Kayvaan Shrike, Secretary of Economics

On behalf of Celestial Being,

WarriorConcept, Veda of Celestial Being

Good luck with this, WC! I hope it goes well.

However, I do wonder how VE will react if your alliance inserts itself in an incident like the one that Athens did in KoC and provokes an attack. Your alliance could be a force for good but also a major headache for VE.

I believe a good show of PR ended that incident well and will continue to do so. We will of course contact and speak with VE in any incident where we need to speak to an alliance, but we will not throw their weight around.

I believe a good show of PR ended that incident well and will continue to do so. We will of course contact and speak with VE in any incident where we need to speak to an alliance, but we will not throw their weight around.

Yes, and we have full faith Mr. Concept will make his decisions in a reasonable and prudent manner, therefore we have no problem assuring him of our support via this treaty.

Very interesting. Do you feel that the membership size of Celestial Being (one at this time) enables it to engage in the widespread diplomacy needed to protect raiders? Also, do you feel that the alliance's declared opposition to raiders will bring it into direct conflict with other alliances such as NEW in the event that diplomatic efforts fail?

Very interesting. Do you feel that the membership size of Celestial Being (one at this time) enables it to engage in the widespread diplomacy needed to protect raiders? Also, do you feel that the alliance's declared opposition to raiders will bring it into direct conflict with other alliances such as NEW in the event that diplomatic efforts fail?

He has the support of his friends as always if he needs it. If he was a relatively new member, I would have to agree with you. However, WarriorConcept has a large amount of friends around CN from his time here~

I will assume you mean raidees, or the one raided, in my response.

I believe that common sense in tech raiding will first of all push them towards peace without needing to be contacted right away. However if diplomacy when contacting them when this doesn't happen fails we will have to live with the fact and offer all the help we can post-raid. We must be and will remain realistic in each case.

I do not believe so necessarily. So far we already have given an embassy to Poison Clan and are engaged in friendly talks regarding it. Tech raiders should realize I recognize their right to raid as well as recognize my right to help the people attacked out.