Official Complaints and Grievances Announcement

Dude your alliance is based of a video game in which an Italian plumber kills people by jumping on them.

EDIT: He doesn't even kill people he kills turtles...turtles that fly in some cases. Really?

Actually it was only based on that for a week or two after its inception. Now "mushroom" is a reference to the male reproductive organ and the shape of the clouds produced by nuclear blasts.

Much better IMHO.

For which theme each of our allies likes us says a lot about that ally. :gag:

Which does ODN prefer?

Shouldn't most the talk about ODN not honoring treaties be put on WalkerNinja's shoulders? He was leading them at the time they got that reputation after all. Kind of ironic that WalkerNinja is in TOP of all places, who have a similar reputation. :lol:

It just seems like IRON is butt-hurt over actually having to fight in a war that wasn't a curbstomp. Not really very classy imo.

Congrats to C&G and ODN in any case! I wish you all the best.

The decision was made on a collective opinion, based on the democratic process with the mentality of "majority rules." WN did not have the ODN under some authoritaritan choke-hold as some seem to interpret. It shows a lack of knowledge on your part of the internal workings of the ODN. Please do a bit more research next time.

Well, but what WN did was not even close to what our democratic process required at the time. He used , let's say, unfair means to get what he wanted. Unfortunately we discovered it much later, when the damage was already done.

there was nothing unfair about what WN did at the time, of this I am sure of and well aware, correct me if I am wrong but I was in government close to that era and the event that took place was due to indecivness of particular senators at the time who were too wishy-washy to cancel on polaris and take the hard line position earlier when electron sponge began to reveal his shinanigans to us and continue play us for fools, instead the government gave NpO "chances". Since the majority did not listen to people such as myself who advocated for the early cancelation on polaris dispite the previous favors they did for the alliance, it came at the last moment when the majority finally decided to quit giving NpO government "chances." WN did so much for our alliance and it is shameful to see how his magnificant legacy of hard and intellegent work, dedication, and love for the spirit of orange has been twisted into a bed of shame and lies. Even if people didn't agree with his particular positions at the end of his tenure, I would think that the ODN would show his historical significane to the alliance a little more respect.

I used to have some nostalgic feelings about rejoining the ODN, but posts like this crush them right out of me.

No offence but that fact will please more than a few of us. But rest easy as Twizz is not the only one to hold you in kind regard.

there was nothing unfair about what WN did at the time, of this I am sure of and well aware, correct me if I am wrong but I was in government close to that era and the event that took place was due to indecivness of particular senators at the time who were too wishy-washy to cancel on polaris and take the hard line position earlier when electron sponge began to reveal his shinanigans to us and continue play us for fools, instead the government gave NpO "chances". Since the majority did not listen to people such as myself who advocated for the early cancelation on polaris dispite the previous favors they did for the alliance, it came at the last moment when the majority finally decided to quit giving NpO government "chances." WN did so much for our alliance and it is shameful to see how his magnificant legacy of hard and intellegent work, dedication, and love for the spirit of orange has been twisted into a bed of shame and lies. Even if people didn't agree with his particular positions at the end of his tenure, I would think that the ODN would show his historical significane to the alliance a little more respect.

heh so cancelling on Polaris was fine and dandy then, abandoning someone at the last possible moment is obviously morally ok for you :rolleyes:. Have you forgotten the position he left ODN in? I am sorry but i have had to swallow alot of BS and hostility for well over a year due to that legacy...forgive me if i feel the abandonment of that legacy has been for the better.

What would have left that legacy in a better light would have been to march alongside Polaris on that fateful day in August 2008! regardless of what anybody may have thought of ES, we abandoned our obligations to Polaris when they needed us and for that we hve been rightly ridiculed and spat upon...it is a shameful episode that will always overshadow the rest of Walker's tenure as Secretary-General.

Edited by Cataduanes

No offence but that fact will please more than a few of us. But rest easy as Twizz is not the only one to hold you in kind regard.

heh so cancelling on Polaris was fine and dandy then, abandoning someone at the last possible moment is obviously morally ok for you :rolleyes:. Have you forgotten the position he left ODN in? I am sorry but i have had to swallow alot of BS and hostility for well over a year due to that legacy...forgive me if i feel the abandonment of that legacy has been for the better.

What would have left that legacy in a better light would have been to march alongside Polaris on that fateful day in August 2008! regardless of what anybody may have thought of ES, we abandoned our obligations to Polaris when they needed us and for that we hve been rightly ridiculed and spat upon...it is a shameful episode that will always overshadow the rest of Walker's tenure as Secretary-General.

I have expressed numerous times in my time at the ODN AND in my campaigns for the senate that I felt it was completely wrong and irresponsible for the alliance to cancel on Polaris when it did, however I had no say on the cancellation officially when it went through as it was not in my power to do so. I was for the cancellation long before alliance decided to drop the NpO when it did however others decided to give chances. I agree with you on the fact the alliance should have went along side polaris and was one of several people who said at the time if we were picking a path we should stick with it.

Also on topic: CONGRATS to ODN and CnG.

Edited by Franklin

Congratulations to the Orange Defense Network. Every alliance must do what they believe is best for the furthering of their agenda and the overall security and advancement of their nations.

It has certainly been a long road since you took a personal oath to me.

It has indeed been a hard and long road since I took that oath. Thank you for your well wishes.

The secret is out now, game over man, game over. A few with the secret handshake know that =LOST= are the one's pulling planet Bob's strings from the shadows. :ehm:

I for one have long welcomed =LOST= as my overlord. As for ODN I can only pray they possess similar wisdom.

First, congratulations, ODN.

Now, just a few questions to all bloc members regarding the OP itself, the subject of the expansion of Complaints & Grievances, perhaps especially in light of current events.

C&G was formed as the bastion of misfit toys that nobody in CN would give a second thought or chance to. It's our nature to believe there is more to people than the rest of the CN community believes. Thus, it only makes sense that we would understand ODN, and surprisingly, get along. Go figure.
I came in here mostly to say this. I also wanted to register my amusement at the amount of uninvolved parties complaining about this. Though it is good we're living up to our name :P

Congratulations, ODN. I know you'll make a good fit.

I think everyone, friend, foe or disinterested, understands this, if they are honest with themselves. I genuinely respect every member of C&G for this. However, this speaks only to the past and to those who have made a hobby out of mocking certain alliances.

After reading through this thread, the question I am left with is does this growing military bloc stand for anything beyond militarily uniting alliances with shared histories?

No I blame a new mentality.

While I am happy to see that you are doing what you feel is best for you, I am also disappointed to the the end of the Orange Defense[/b Network in that you have joined the alliance under a MDAP pact. It is certainly the end of an era that I was used to in my tenure in office in the ODN and as a member.

This new mentality is central to that question. I understand that this bloc was formed to stand against being treated as punching bags again, but I do not see how it is talking or even acting now to not treat others who are not in this bloc this way.

We do wish to suceed but in ambitions different to becoming top dog, you could say our goals are far more modest...perhaps that does not measure up to some peoples expectations....then again maybe my govt have an agenda that i am unaware of :D

You possess potential to be something more than just another MADP bloc that is united only by self-interest and moved by paranoia. I believe that your (every C&G member) growing desire is to be more than this. I still believe it is, but your member parts seem to be slow in or anxious about stepping up to this plate.

So far what I see here is a growing military bloc, populated by some incredibly great alliances, that could, and even should be saying and doing some things to keep their pasts from being repeated by others, or even by themselves.

Would someone please correct me where any of my impressions here are inaccurate or misguided?