New Edens moon project

Zoot Zoot

The 1.5 billion pounds we receive annually from Blue Heaven is to be pumped into a space project, to go to the moon.

*Research*

Rocket

Space suits

Life support

Propulsion

Astronaught training

lunar vehicles and tools

landing modual

re-entry modual

fuel

engines

Building materials for lunar landing platform.

Solar energy.

Electronics

radar

These are the things we will need researching for the mission, we need top level knowledge of componants etc if we are to succeed.

To build a landing platform on the moon will be very difficult and require multiple trips, however once completed, it gives us the opertunity to make it easier to land on the moon and give us a stable working environment as far as space goes.

We must also choose an area of land not yet claimed by nations of the world, so i would say an area 20x20 miles square and lay claim to it for New Eden.

Once the LZ is chosen inside or near one of the larger craters a slow but steady construction of a small lunar research base can begin.

The Kingdom of Cochin offers to assist New Eden in its Space exploration program. Until New Eden develops self sufficient capability to breach the higher frontiers of space exploration, it could develop the experience and know how required it through CSRO cooperation. The Kingdom had taken Australian and PDHRK astronauts to Moon in our last Lunar Mission and could very well accomodate New Eden astronauts in our next moon mission.

OOC i know, which is why the keyword in the post is RESEARCH

Also recently sent up a satelight so we have already reached space ergo space program XD

Manned missions however are different as you say... but where in the rules does it say that? (not a smartass comment either, i actually must have missed it)

IC

we thank the Kingdom of Cochin for its offers of assistance and will gladley take you up on the kind offer.

Experience of space for our own astronauts would help prevent any mishaps on our own manned missions.

OOC-If its not in the official rules then im gonna go ahead and do it, but i wont be rushing it at anyrate.

took the US 9 years to get to the moon, so this is gonna be over a timescale of many RL months.

and i have the same tech they did.. cold war :D

Edited by Zoot Zoot

OOC: It is been a guideline that you can launch unmanned systems into space with satellite improvements, but for manned missions you need a Space Program wonder. Similarly for a Moon base you would need a Moon Base wonder.

IC: We enquire if New Eden has its own astronaut training facilities or would you be interested in using CSRO facilities?

OOC-If its not in the official rules then im gonna go ahead and do it, but i wont be rushing it at anyrate.

took the US 9 years to get to the moon, so this is gonna be over a timescale of many RL months.

and i have the same tech they did.. cold war :D

OOC: Yep, it took the the richest country in the world 9 years and $145 billion 2008 dollars to get there. At 1.5 billion per IG year, you should be able to afford the Space Program long before you get there IC, no matter what time scale you use.

OOC: It is been a guideline that you can launch unmanned systems into space with satellite improvements, but for manned missions you need a Space Program wonder. Similarly for a Moon base you would need a Moon Base wonder.

IC: We enquire if New Eden has its own astronaut training facilities or would you be interested in using CSRO facilities?

Would it be possible to train using the CSRO facilities?

Would it be possible to train using the CSRO facilities?

"Yes. We have the option for training foreign astronauts at CSRO training facilities in all manner of space related expertise. The prospective candidates are required to have parent government permission and are required to arrive at Cochin International Airport from where they would be conveyed to the various testing and training facilities. The candidates would face one month of physical examination at Air Warfare Academy, Pavlodar where they would be tested and trained for resistance to the G forces experienced during launch. Later they would be taken to various CSRO facilities in Karagandy where they would receive mission oriented training. New Eden is required to provide the astronauts and specify the mission and experiments these astronauts are expected to perform and we shall train them accordingly. The trained astronauts shall be part of the next CSRO Mission to moon."