\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

It's pretty hilarious to see a member of the Mushroom Kingdom now defending the practice of attacking people because they're politically isolated.

Seems to me some people have forgotten their own history.

I don't see MK defending the practice of attacking people because they have no connections - you either support attacking unconnected alliances or you don't. You don't close an eye when a 10-man alliance gets raided and draw arbitrary lines between what's accepted and what isn't and vomit nonsense for 40 pages when a larger one gets hit.

As for this particular incident: PC, \m/, GOONS - I can't wrap my head around how you thought this was a splendid idea given the response to the Athens-Ni! raid. You probably don't give a !@#$, but this is more headache than it's worth.

PS: Still funny to see people trying to portray us as the bad guys, though. Especially NSO - you see them being smug about their villainy in a post, then call us power hungry monsters in the next. Make up your minds already.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like nobody learned nothing from Athens incident.

i'm really sad to see GOONS being involved in this dishonorable engagement. I'm not speaking for the whole NpO but as a member..and i believe Grub made his stance quite clear during the Athens-incident. I foresee consequences... :mellow:

Believe me you aren't the only Polaris member ashamed for being allied with an alliance who act in so dishonorable and oportunistic way.

:facepalm:

Looks like nobody learned nothing from Athens incident.

Believe me you aren't the only Polaris member ashamed for being allied with an alliance who act in so dishonorable and oportunistic way.

:facepalm:

You've been ashamed for a while, though...this is nothing new. GOONS has never been 'honorable', so why act surprised?

Well since the lot of you can't read and I hate repeating myself;

Sure. Whatever you say. You can cry foul that we "broke" our own charter but what you fail to realize is that there isn't just the charter that governs \m/. We have directives and other decrees made that guide how the alliance is ran, one of them is that organized mass raids by the Government are fine while individuals raiding individual nations must abide by the guidelines set in the charter. You wouldn't know this because you're not a \m/ member and we don't post every law and rule where it's publicly accessible. It's practical to do it this way because amending the charter is more work then a simple adjustment or new rule is worth and these new rules and laws are often temporary in certain cases. Good luck in garnering more attention for yourself however.

I organized it. I gave the go ahead. We had fun. On top of that I had instructed those who partook in the attack to send peace immediately afterwards, which all of us did. You can debate we broke our charter all you wish, but the fact of the matter is no matter what you're going to be wrong. You have no clue at half the other rules we've implemented that aren't a part of the charter. And why should they be? The Charter is just a basic guideline for the alliance to follow that covers general things. Specific rules for specific situations are made and discarded as necessary out of practicality. Just like laws in the {ooc: real world} and can be repealed when they no longer have use or get in the way.

But hey, you guys don't care to read so go ahead and continue to debate how we did or did not break our charter.

PS: Still funny to see people trying to portray us as the bad guys, though. Especially NSO - you see them being smug about their villainy in a post, then call us power hungry monsters in the next. Make up your minds already.

I never said there is anything wrong with being a power hungry monster. I just think the denizens of Mushroom Kingdom should be honest with themselves in what they are. I know I am.

Please, Alterego, you don't actually expect \m/ to abide by their own charter, right? It's not like they wrote it... oh wait, they did!

I also really look forward to the inevitable \m/ - Corporation tangle. Two alliances I don't like attacking each other is :awesome:

You really ought to think before you open your mouth and say something completely stupid like you just did right now. \m/ and Corp are ODP partners. And we settled this long before this thread was even created.

You really ought to think before you open your mouth and say something completely stupid like you just did right now. \m/ and Corp are ODP partners. And we settled this long before this thread was even created.

Emperor Marx has really said what I feel about this. PC, \m/, corp and goons have all been in contact all the time.

Edited by citizenkane

And perhaps you need to think before letting your members tech raid an alliance that is clearly above your charter's legal threshold.

You've been ashamed for a while, though...this is nothing new. GOONS has never been 'honorable', so why act surprised?

Who said I'm surprised? And while I wasn't a fan of you previous moves like regular raid and piracy act, I was happy in accept the differences between our alliances, but now that's different, way different, and know I really feel bad for being allied with GOONS, happily for you I'm not emperor of NpO or you would have already received the cancelation notice, what would be a great exchange, some amount of tech and tons of bad PR for one treaty with polaris.

Brb, I'll try to coup Grub. :P

If people love FoA so much then they should sign a treaty so that they can step in and put a stop to this alleged abomination.

Kudos to all those alliances who refuse to bend their knee to the will of the general public of Planet Bob. I fully support raiding from unprotected or politically isolated alliances. It is the responsibility of the leadership of said alliances to protect their members and yet it seems nobody ever notices their failure. Forming an alliance is a great responsibility and should not be taken lightly. For those who choose to go it alone, they must be prepared to fight.

The inhabitants of Bob have gotten too used to binding themselves in paper chains. It is time to break free of those. If this action disgusts you as much as you would have us believe, then petition your alliance's government to intervene. Raids of this sort and smaller scale go on daily, and your alliance sits by and watches. At worst you throw a few pointed words at the perpetrators. If you believe so strongly in the injustice of this, then how can you live with your inaction? Those alliances that merely sit on the sidelines complaining when something like this happens are complicit in the act. And yet, everyone is waiting for public opinion to give them the green light to do what they want. This is sad.

It's time people stood up and shook off the bonds of the old way. The world has changed and we must change with it.

I couldn't agree with this more. If you guys are just going to whine about it nothing is actually going to happen.

tl;dr: Q.Q moar

Apparently you need to learn how to read too. Take a look a couple posts up.

indeed, duh, read above about the arbitrary rules \m/ can deploy. Which stand above their charter anytime.

Edited by Hawky

Who said I'm surprised? And while I wasn't a fan of you previous moves like regular raid and piracy act, I was happy in accept the differences between our alliances, but now that's different, way different, and know I really feel bad for being allied with GOONS, happily for you I'm not emperor of NpO or you would have already received the cancelation notice, what would be a great exchange, some amount of tech and tons of bad PR for one treaty with polaris.

Brb, I'll try to coup Grub. :P

There is nothing different about this raid and any other raid we've done in the past. You're acting like some major invisible threshold was crossed that altered your opinion like a push of a button. Nothing new here, other than an easier topic to participate in outcry over. As I've stated in the protectorate thread, we commend The Corp for signing a protectorate agreement with FoA. This is something we've suggested all along...don't want to be techraided? Sign a document. Simple as that. We will honor the protectorate agreement.

The following might be considered OOC. Don't read if you are an exceptionally puckered, boring, or stupid person.

What is this game for, if not to try your hand at taking advantage of the slightly-meeker? How else does one get ahead? What fun is there in managing improvements and carefully timing bill-pays and tax collection?

Tech raids and wars are the only thing that keep this game interesting. Nobody has a legitimate reason for a fight in this game, so wreck stuff. Have fun. Make your neighbors angry and defend against retaliation. If you joined CN to play a slow and peaceful nation building game, you might be better off playing H&R TaxCut instead. Remove all the strawberries from your oatmeal, as they may prove too stimulating for your delicate palate.

All the Pants-'poop'ers should relax and try starting a war of their own once in a while. It's profitable and makes the game more interesting for everybody.

IC: If you feel so strongly about this issue, do something about it. I have no defensive wars.

Edited by JuiceBoxHero

Um excuse me guys, this is supposed to be a world of peace, please stop warring people. Please stop using ground assaults. Please stop sharing targets with your alliance and allies, that's not what they are there for.

Edited by African

Ah, so naive, people who still think 'do something about it' requires people to suicide their nations in military action. It looks like it's not just the KoN incident, but Vox and Karma too, that you have learnt nothing from. Hopefully your treaty partners will give you the kick up the backside that you need, as MK did to Athens last time.

Oh so tech raiding is now a threat to global security?

There is an argument that raiding unaligned nations is not, as it is easy enough to avoid without seriously restricting your your options. However, yes, 'tech raiding' (i.e. launching a war without provocation) alliances is, and has always been, a threat to global security. If alliances cannot feel safe, then how can anyone, since we must all reside in an alliance to avoid being raided? Is GPA a valid tech raid target to you?

I too am mystified as to why you thought this was a good idea having seen the reaction to Athens' 'raid', which was not that long ago.

There is nothing different about this raid and any other raid we've done in the past. You're acting like some major invisible threshold was crossed that altered your opinion like a push of a button. Nothing new here, other than an easier topic to participate in outcry over. As I've stated in the protectorate thread, we commend The Corp for signing a protectorate agreement with FoA. This is something we've suggested all along...don't want to be techraided? Sign a document. Simple as that. We will honor the protectorate agreement.

I'll not waste my time again explaining the difference about raid an nation with no alliance affiliation and raid a 33 men alliance, but just to you notice, there are a huge one, if you want to see the difference(I know you don't) go read Athen-KoN topic.

\m/. I hope this doesnt strain relations with your ODP treaty partner The Corporation who came to the aid of an alliance you & your buddies were beating on. Allies who tolerate treaty partners with the attitude of doing as they please the world be damned dont grow on trees.

I'll not waste my time again explaining the difference about raid an nation with no alliance affiliation and raid a 33 men alliance, but just to you notice, there are a huge one, if you want to see the difference(I know you don't) go read Athen-KoN topic.

we're not Athens. Forgive me if I don't feel like comparing situations.

so what half the people here are angry because alterego open up the subject?

i reckon you people should do something about

-weak

uh.. huh?

Is English your first language?

Edited by JuiceBoxHero