Policy Clarification from The Resistance

So, you just pulled this 99% figure out of thin air?

You dictate my alliances recruiting rules now? If my alliance says that I can send recruitment messages to anyone that I want to, and I send one to you (by the way, I sent you one, still waiting on that DoW), then surely I should get an exemption too, right?

Please, please, please attack MK. I assure you NV will be at their side far quicker than one week ;)

Edited by Penkala

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone see the pattern that it has never or barely ever happened to us before and it happened 5 times 2 days in a row? C'mon. You don't need a genius to figure out its not a simple coincidence. Of course diplomacy is always good, though conspiracies are well known to happen in the cyberverse, at least, thats what the ones actually handling the evidence say.

Edit: not 3 in 3, but 5 in 2.

Edited by Platino

Can anyone see the pattern that it has never or barely ever happened to us before and it happened 3 times 3 days in a row? C'mon. You don't need a genius to figure out its not a simple coincidence.

With all the tinfoil that's on your head in that post, you'd better hope you don't wind up in a microwave any time soon. :huh:

You sound so apologetic here, I see your apology was absolutely sincere. Disappointing.

My apology was and is very sincere. That said, as someone who knows at least part of what has gone on the last few days in terms of events pertinent to this issue, there is no vast conspiracy like platino seems to think.

I am bookmarking this thread, and putting it in the same folder as "Protected Nation". This is a trainwreck, plain and simple, and, if I ever get to writing a "How to" guide for the OWF, this will also be highlighted as an announcement and policy that no one in their right minds ought to even think of carrying out. Altering the OP will not change a thing, although it is some basic form of fire control and a reasonable attempt at containing the damage already done (although at this point, the blaze is burning out of control, and no amount of fire control is going to repair the damage, no matter you do). Alliance members get recruitment messages all the time. Alliances go on IRC and talk with the offending nation's alliance and get the overzealous recruiter under control, all the time. No damage is done, even if you get lots of recruitment messages (owing to the nifty feature known as delete). Unless there is clear malicious intent behind it (and, to be frank, anyone mass PMing recruitment messages to an alliance under the delusion that it might hurt them is clearly mentally incompetent), it is extremely stupid to declare war over it; and even then, it's still an absolute overreaction that'll simply get yourself mauled. In short, declaring wars over recruitment messages is a horrible idea, and posting said policy on the OWF and highlighting it for the rest of CN to collectively facepalm is an order of magnitude times worse. Getting three messages in three days, or five messages in two days, changes nothing. Absolutely, positively, nothing. It's nothing but paranoia if you think the rest of CN is out to get you in a global conspiracy with recruitment messages. Let me repeat that. Recruitment messages. Dealing with wayward recruitment messages is part of the job, and if you're losing patience because of them, tough. Posting a policy like this was simply going to aggravate the problem (I'm still sorely tempted to send one out now).

This is in short, stupid. This is a policy that you aren't going to consistently carry out, one that you decided to put on the spotlight for the rest of CN to see ( :facepalm: ), and, more to the point, one where you actually dig the hole even deeper with even more saber-rattling (see the "Do you know what an MDP is?"). This is truly on par with "Protected Nation".

I sympathize with your plight. Posting something so monumentally stupid and uniting EVERYONE on of the OWF together in the written version of a collective gangbang/curbstomp is not fun, but realize you made the mistake in the first place. And I'm still bookmarking it for posterity. They need to how NOT to do things.

/end rant

JW: should have asked for reps from you guys :P but i guess we are pretty evil after all this carnage we've caused. err...

Yeah, because going to war on behalf of your allies and receiving white peace for it and making an insane policy over a petty mistake are on par with one another. :lol1:

I personally received offers from-

King Puffington- ODN

SirWilliam- MK

SkonesMickLoud- MK (with a link to NPO's forums)

JWConner- VA (suggesting I'd fit in over at Athens)

hurricaneLOL- ODN

Bolster- FOK (in Dutch of course)

creag- Argent

Jasson2- tR (as SethB, Jasson will be receiving 30 lashes alongside myself in the public square)

I haven't seen any others, but I did grab a copy of NPO's delayed CB coupon, just for creag :P

For the record, Krynn is ok with us. King Puffington, is not.

-ski

Good call mattski.

What intrigues me about this policy is the idea that someone would want a member of The Resistance to join their alliance in the first place.

Goodness gracious, the issue is resolved and then you stumble in with your blatant instigation.

I'm curious as to the thought process [if there is any] behind making such inane comments. Get back to me when you can.

Good call mattski.

Goodness gracious, the issue is resolved and then you stumble in with your blatant instigation.

I'm curious as to the thought process [if there is any] behind making such inane comments. Get back to me when you can.

He's still mad he lost the unofficial growth contest with us :P