Policy Clarification from The Resistance

This wasn't in response to one recruitment message or recruitment messages from just noobs. There were several incidences in the past week. Obviously the policy is just a bit far fetched. We will let diplomacy win out the day as far as it allows and we will not be attacking anyone without just cause (I really don't care if your big or small, I would attack an alliance ten times bigger then I without allies).

Obviously this is an overreaction to things but consider this a notice that we get cranky over small things and you don't want to mess with the crazy guy in the corner who is irritable imo.

Consider you notified

Consider us cranky and hormonal

Consider this thread dead.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge, the other incident they are referring to is unrelated to the incident with one of my members.

*walks away from the thread again to keep lurking.

EDIT: Also, as far as Krynn is concerned, the issue with tR was resolved last night. We wish them well in their future endeavors and announcements.

I think your response yesterday was the best way to go, especially the educating of recruiters part. Normally I would agree that this announcement is unnecessary, but seeing how tR has been plaged with recruitement letters the last week very understandable.

I hope this announcement gives other alliances out there the same idea to keep an eye out on what their recruiters are up to and perhaps do some educating of their own.

In short, I support this message and understand the frustration.

Ps. My apologies to all alliances I poached from in the past :P

I hope this announcement gives other alliances out there the same idea to keep an eye out on what their recruiters are up to and perhaps do some educating of their own.

Or, The Resistance could just accept that they get recruitment messages (Like Grey Council) and make do

Edited by Krunk the Great

(snip) The third will endure a little bit of war as a lesson. (snip again) believes their member should not be attacked, then we have a classic throwdown.

"Will"...is not "could" or "may" or "might"... it is a certainty, regardless or your "99%" declaration. I will react very violently if one of my little brothers is attacked...for any reason.

I see clarifications from members of tR other than the OP, but I have yet to see the policy redacted or amended to reflect the argued stance.

Policy Clarification from the Cult of Justitia:

Any attack on any Justitian on any grounds will result in swift military retaliation from the Cult.

Schattenmann, Presbyter of the Cult

I'll be damned if you attack a member of mine over a mistake.

Clearly, both of the above quoted honorable gentlemen have portrayed my stance appertaining to this policy.

Although, I am not in a position within my government to offer a similar bindng declaration, I am adament in my right to defend my brethren against unwarranted agression.

theresistance002-1.jpg

I put the the possibility of the next instance of our members getting recruitment messages being met with war on the offending nation at 99%. Our allies will of course receive a kinder form of diplomacy.

Maybe it's harsh but it is not meant as a threat, but rather a notice to prevent violence. Don't recruit our members.

Thank you,

mattski133

Prime Minister of The Resistance

The rules regarding recruitment are all based on "common practice," can (in theory) vary from group to group in terms of a response and are not self-evident. If it's something that happens on a regular basis from the same alliance or on a large scale or is obviously done by someone who knows better, I can see that a strong reaction MAY be warranted. However, mistakes happen.

The response should equal (or maybe be a LITTLE stronger than the wrong.) This policy is far too extreme.

Or, The Resistance could just accept that they get recruitment messages (Like Grey Council) and make do

seeing as you are one of the nations who tried to recruit from us in the past week I don't think your opinion really matters as an offender. There might have been a poor showing from us on this policy (up to interpretation) but let me remind you that the worst showing is those who try to poach members from sovereign alliances. Poor showing from you and those who try to defend it.

I think your response yesterday was the best way to go, especially the educating of recruiters part. Normally I would agree that this announcement is unnecessary, but seeing how tR has been plaged with recruitement letters the last week very understandable.

In short, I support this message and understand the frustration.

Ps. My apologies to all alliances I poached from in the past :P

By all means, listen to this man, the only one who took the point of this post home. This is not to vilify past offenders who have acted appropriately, and it is not to antagonize anyone (we didn't call anyone out) like many seem to be grasping at here. It is a warning that recruiting from our membership is a serious offense in our alliance (if it isn't in yours, that's fine, but it is in ours) and that you should take some care to find out who is recruiting in your alliance.

lol.

JW: should have asked for reps from you guys :P but i guess we are pretty evil after all this carnage we've caused. err...

This is ridiculous.
Was this really necessary, mattski? I think Buds The Man summed up my feelings pretty well.

Edit: to include said feelings

this is what I'm thinking as well.

Can't wait until one of your recruiters makes an honest human mistake.

perhaps this sort of thing is why the total population of BOB is shrinking, complete foolish intolerance.

Quite possibly the worst policy announcement I've seen. I understand the frustration with receiving letters, but it should have been communicated differently.

All you have managed to do with this thread is destroy some credibility and confirm this post was made in the heat of the moment with no thought of what a sober second thought may bring.

This wasn't in response to one recruitment message or recruitment messages from just noobs. There were several incidences in the past week. Obviously the policy is just a bit far fetched. We will let diplomacy win out the day as far as it allows and we will not be attacking anyone without just cause (I really don't care if your big or small, I would attack an alliance ten times bigger then I without allies).

Obviously this is an overreaction to things but consider this a notice that we get cranky over small things and you don't want to mess with the crazy guy in the corner who is irritable imo.

Consider you notified

Consider us cranky and hormonal

Consider this thread dead.

This is a very reasonable post. Unfortunately, it appears to have been ignored by mattski.

seeing as you are one of the nations who tried to recruit from us in the past week I don't think your opinion really matters as an offender. There might have been a poor showing from us on this policy (up to interpretation) but let me remind you that the worst showing is those who try to poach members from sovereign alliances. Poor showing from you and those who try to defend it.

Oh yes, I went into your alliance list and decided to add those names myself because I thought my pre made list was a bit shallow.

You caught me, I was obviously sending messages that were directed at the resista.......fool, those messages were obviously aimed towards the low nation strength, unaligned nation

You attempted to grow a pair but in the process made yourselves look like complete buffoons.

Trying to grow a pair: $50

Not realizing that no one cares enough to poach from your alliance: Priceless

There's some things OWF can't buy, for everything else there's pointless threads.

Holy Admin who in the hell is running this train wreck. If your alliance is so pathetic that the only way it can save its members from leaving to alliances that are

a) inexperienced at recruiting.

b) not aware of alliance politics or affiliations.

c) scanning our nations with some kind of program that accidently put our member on your list.

is war, then you might as well disband now and save yourself the trouble. How fracking hard is it to just alert the alliance and conduct the very basics of diplomacy that were once standard fair on Planet Bob. If you alliance is unable to handle such basic diplomatic skills then get youself a protectorate with someone who can. They can also explain how coming out in public with such a poorly thought out policy not only ends up getting your alliance laughed at but, also can lead to very bad things. I am sure you have some wise allies out thier that can explain all this to you. Seriously someone help these guys out.

Edited by The Big Bad

No diplomacy = FAIL

Recruiting from alliance = FAIL

I don't think you guy are actually ignorant enough to follow through with this.. as its just a horrible political move, though its about time people are reminded that recruiting alligned nations is just a way to get rolled.

Hey, diplomacy has its uses. For instance, diplomacy is an excellent solution for dealing with accidental recruiting messages. Threatening or prosecuting war over an accidental message is quite frankly right up there with GGA and Valhalla's "CB" on Hyperion.

Hahahaha, that's rich.

Good luck on the policy tR, hopefully it doesn't blow up in your face.

Jesus Christ I miss you.

I miss Jack Christ ...

But there's no reason to miss me, I'm in your protector after all :P

I have modified my OP. Whether through threats from enemies, disapproval from people I don't know, or joking from friends, it was made clear to me that I posted a horrible OP.

What was an internal issue should have remained so.

Making the best of a bad job. A good move, but next time you should have the discussion before you actually put a post on these forums.

Hey, diplomacy has its uses. For instance, diplomacy is an excellent solution for dealing with accidental recruiting messages. Threatening or prosecuting war over an accidental message is quite frankly right up there with GGA and Valhalla's "CB" on Hyperion.

Or the Athens 6 month belated CB on TPF.

You know, more or less.

I have modified my OP. Whether through threats from enemies, disapproval from people I don't know, or joking from friends, it was made clear to me that I posted a horrible OP.

A mistake... understood.

May fortune shine.

Now thats the way to clean up a mess. Many alliances could learn a thing or two from you when in comes to admitting and fixing thier mistakes. Well done.

Edited by The Big Bad