• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People aren't very smart.

case and point

To: Killer From: KingSrqt Date: 1/15/2010 2:26:05 PM

Subject: 1 Sweet Offer

I would like to make you the chance to join the illustrious alliance affiliation of None! Did you know the None AA holds more nations than any other AA in the game? Well it is true and here in None we don't have to worry about pesky governments telling us what to do we can do whatever we want whenever we want.

All you need to do to join is change your AA to None as found in the AA drop down box, no annoying application where you have to answer pointless questions or anything!

I hope to see you in None soon!

ugh "make you the chance" I hate when I do things like that!

Edited by KingSrqt

Sigh, good luck I suppose.

We all know the history of these kinds of blanket threats (and that is what it is...) is that the threatening alliance always backs down when put to the test. I can only think of the moldavi doctrine as the only one being upheld.

Being frustrated with noob moves being repeated in a short time span is understandable, and you're welcome to establish whatever guidelines you want for response/retaliation, and bold statements of this sort are always fun. All that said, creating a policy of "if one of your noobs makes a mistake we'll probably attack them" certainly comes off as "overreacting." There's being tough and creating deterrents, and then there's making threats you can't possibly follow through on.

So, uh, have fun with that!

If I were you I would edit your OP and request this topic be closed.

This is a bad policy. You see it already by the responses here. Don't be stubborn and try to argue for it.

Just realize that diplomacy is the better option.

What? Did someone recruit a 250 NS nation away from you guys? Is that your reasoning for this? :P

If anyone left your alliance over getting accidental messages then they are not loyal or not to bright to begin with, your better off without them.

Edited by Fernando12

I'm curious. If it were an alliance substantially larger than yours who had slipped up, would you have made such an inflammatory announcement? As I see it, you're beating your chests over a very small alliance's noob recruiter making an honest mistake. Allow me also to point out that the alliance in question has already made a public apology.

Poor form, and a poor policy.

Edited by Quinoa Rex

Diplomacy will be brought up its quite annoying though when you keep letting things slide after a while a drought happens there for things cant slide no more

.If people cant respect this post and will try to spite The Resistance with joking messages then test us if you are a non believer of our Seriousness of this issue and think we hold no Firm actions. We are just putting it out there yes mistakes do happen but when they keep happening over and over then there is a problem. Just like baseball 3strikes and your OUT.

All hail the mighty Resistance

TheResistance.jpg

I'm curious. If it were an alliance substantially larger than yours who had slipped up, would you have made such an inflammatory announcement? As I see it, you're beating your chests over a very small alliance's noob recruiter making an honest mistake. Allow me also to point out that the alliance in question has already made a public apology.

Poor form, and a poor policy.

That was just one of these incidents.

Edit: BRING IT! :)

Edited by Yankeesfan924

Sigh, good luck I suppose.

We all know the history of these kinds of blanket threats (and that is what it is...) is that the threatening alliance always backs down when put to the test. I can only think of the moldavi doctrine as the only one being upheld.

We're obviously not going to respond to what I would classify as joke recruitment messages sent out of frustration and boredom.

Sending a recruitment letter to someone already in an alliance that is displayed on their nation is not a mistake. Whether the nation didn't check, or the alliance didn't bother to hand their recruiter a guide so they'd know to check before sending them out to gather other alliance's government officials up, there is a deal of disrespect there.

The statement stands.

The statement stands.

You know what.... I seriously hope you guys do not come in here later on with a DoW against some small alliance and pound your chests and try to be all tough.

1. If its a large alliance that did it...you will do nothing.

2. If the alliance has a large protector...you will do nothing.

3. If the alliance is small and unprotected you will come in here and DoW to seem like tough guys...LOL

^ Thats really how it will play out. Attack a nation with this policy and you guys will end up paying one way or another for 1 and 2.

Needless to say I'm sure your hoping for 3 to happen.

Edited by Fernando12

So, you're not willing to use any sort of diplomacy in what may just be an isolated incident? Or could easily also be chalked up to inexperience on the part of the person doing the recruiting?

Alliances often pay recruiters money for every person they bring in, most people don't really read the rules when it comes to recruiting, they just see dollar signs, so you're telling everyone that you don't care if it's a mistake, you'll attack?

I hope everyone does the same to you when your alliance $%&@s up in the most minor of ways, and I hope they do the same to your allies.

[edit:] and yes, I said when your alliance $%&@s up, because you will, and your allies will, and I hope your extremely minor indiscretions are met with the same kind of diplomacy that you're showing here.

Ignorance is not an excuse for recruiting from other alliances, do not allow brand new people or people that seem to be inept at understanding the basic concept of not sending messages to people that are under an alliance affiliation.

I would say TR's response to it is just, this here is diplomacy. They are letting people know now that it will be met with war.

You know what.... I seriously hope you guys do not come in here later on with a DoW against some small alliance and pound your chests and try to be all tough.

1. If its a large alliance that did it...you will do nothing.

2. If the alliance has a large protector...you will do nothing.

3. If the alliance is small you will come in here and DoW to seem like tough guys...LOL

^ Thats really how it will play out. Attack a nation with this policy and you guys will end up paying one way or another for 1 and 2. Needless to say I'm sure your hoping for 3 to happen.

And you'll get to say you saw it coming and we'll get to play war. Everybody happy :D

Ignorance is not an excuse for recruiting from other alliances, do not allow brand new people or people that seem to be inept at understanding the basic concept of not sending messages to people that are under an alliance affiliation.

I would say TR's response to it is just, this here is diplomacy. They are letting people know now that it will be met with war.

Threats are the new Bobian diplomacy? Or maybe that's not so new. :v:

and sending a recruitment message isn't some grievous act that deserves war. you people are ridiculous and this policy is idiotic.

And where is the war I was promised!

Edited by KingSrqt

theresistance002-1.jpg

The Resistance was recently the recipient of several recruitment offers ranging from our general membership to our highest government officials. While these parties in question have either issued a general apology or given a reason that is otherwise not offensive, I feel it's necessary to let everyone know that we've notified our members to report all instances of recruitment aimed at our alliance. We no longer care if the nation in question is-

a) inexperienced at recruiting.

b) not aware of alliance politics or affiliations.

c) scanning our nations with some kind of program that accidently put our member on your list.

d) any other reason that was recently given to us.

I put the the possibility of the next instance of our members getting recruitment messages being met with war on the offending nation at 99%. Our allies will of course receive a kinder form of diplomacy.

Maybe it's harsh but it is not meant as a threat, but rather a notice to prevent violence. Don't recruit our members.

Thank you,

mattski133

Prime Minister of The Resistance

I like this announcement, hopefully it'll save a lot of idiocy on IRC and other alliances' forums.

I put the the possibility of the next instance of our members getting recruitment messages being met with war on the offending nation at 99%. Our allies will of course receive a kinder form of diplomacy.

That is so awesome that an alliance actually said this out loud. Lots of kudos for you guys.

o/ The Resistance

If a new member of my alliance decided to take initiative without first learning the ropes, and happened to message a member of tR, I would hope you would come to someone in VE and notify them, so that we can fix the problem, and not just be as irrational as your original post makes you sound.