Policy Clarification from The Resistance

theresistance002-1.jpg

The Resistance was recently the recipient of several recruitment offers ranging from our general membership to our highest government officials. While these parties in question have either issued a general apology or given a reason that is otherwise not offensive, I feel it's necessary to let everyone know that we've notified our members to report all instances of recruitment aimed at our alliance. The following reasons have been given to us to explain the recruiter's actions-

a) inexperienced at recruiting.

b) not aware of alliance politics or affiliations.

c) scanning our nations with some kind of program that accidently put our member on your list.

I want to be clear that I will not accept these reasons as valid in all cases. We will take these messages with a grain of salt, and will alert the offending nation's alliance that they have a member that is recruiting in a way that is offending our alliance. The Resistance will follow this course, and on a case by case basis determine what a good solution is to the situation. It will be our aim to have a mutually beneficial outcome.

I was not right in posting what was labelled correctly as an irrational response to a series of problems. My chief aim was to draw attention to a growing issue within our ranks that is not easily solved without making others aware. I apologize for my delivery. I have no excuses, I had some serious anger sharks.

Thank you,

mattski133

Prime Minister of The Resistance

PS: thanks to those who sent me messages in-game :P

PSS: except astronaut jones and jwconner ;)

Edited by mattski133

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're not willing to use any sort of diplomacy in what may just be an isolated incident? Or could easily also be chalked up to inexperience on the part of the person doing the recruiting?

Alliances often pay recruiters money for every person they bring in, most people don't really read the rules when it comes to recruiting, they just see dollar signs, so you're telling everyone that you don't care if it's a mistake, you'll attack?

I hope everyone does the same to you when your alliance $%&@s up in the most minor of ways, and I hope they do the same to your allies.

[edit:] and yes, I said when your alliance $%&@s up, because you will, and your allies will, and I hope your extremely minor indiscretions are met with the same kind of diplomacy that you're showing here.

Edited by astronaut jones

understandable posistion but i would recomend diplomacy first. A noob mistake is a noob mistake it happens a lot. Setting a policy like this may bite you in the back side later on as some one will probably send messages out just to see if you will back that statement up.

Recruiting aligned nations is fail but give the noobs a break. Now if its an experianced player thats a different story.

Every member of the Resistance is hereby invited to join the Moralist Front.

Seriously, a policy that completely overlooks diplomacy is poorly thought out and will get you into trouble if you put it into practice.

Every member of the Resistance is hereby invited to join the Moralist Front.

Seriously, a policy that completely overlooks diplomacy is poorly thought out and will get you into trouble if you put it into practice.

We've let two people off the hook in the last three days. The third will endure a little bit of war as a lesson. If that person's alliance doesn't think sending other alliances is wrong and believes their member should not be attacked, then we have a classic throwdown.

I'm not sure why NSO is being brought up. We let their member go. We have no history. And the way I understand it, they can attack anyone they want. So, continue, I guess.

Haha wow, I put the possibility of you being annihilated if you follow through with this at around 99%.

Kinda doubt it considering they are LEO members.

A bold policy statement, but please use caution in exercising it. Diplomacy can be the better option in some scenarios.

Was this really necessary, mattski? I think Buds The Man summed up my feelings pretty well.

understandable posistion but i would recomend diplomacy first. A noob mistake is a noob mistake it happens a lot. Setting a policy like this may bite you in the back side later on as some one will probably send messages out just to see if you will back that statement up.

Recruiting aligned nations is fail but give the noobs a break. Now if its an experianced player thats a different story.

Edit: to include said feelings

Edited by Style #386

Hello mattski, would you like to join IRON?

In seriousness, I agree with budstheman. Noobs will be noobs, and you probably should use diplomacy before just smacking around someone who might have sent a member a recruitment message by mistake. If it continues from the same member after you've talked with them, then you could roll out the tanks, I guess.

EDIT: clarification

Edited by Ivan V

We've let two people off the hook in the last three days. The third will endure a little bit of war as a lesson. If that person's alliance doesn't think sending other alliances is wrong and believes their member should not be attacked, then we have a classic throwdown.

I'm not sure why NSO is being brought up. We let their member go. We have no history. And the way I understand it, they can attack anyone they want. So, continue, I guess.

There's nothing more terrible than having to deal with such a minor issue on a few occasions. This is a pretty obvious overreaction, as attacking someone who mistakenly sends a recruitment message to one of your members would be.

I predict great success for this policy.

Fake edit: Provided success means getting blown up for attacking an alliance's members over a innocent mistake.

Real edit: Though, I suppose someone could try and use it to bait you into an alliance-wide war...that'd at least be different.

Edited by Aurion