Shattered Star Exiles Announcement

Vasuda

Not so much "a nice story", really. It's also pretty clear which side of the "fence" SSX sits.

Sometimes a cigar is a metaphor and not just a cigar. As for the treaty with SSX, I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep over the loss of it if I were you and it seems, you won't be. ;)

Prior to this announcement, the SSX had but three treaties. Two of our treaty partners, NV and IAA, are distantly connected, but not at all guaranteed to fall on the same side in a major war. Then there was 57th, who like us, has generally been a nonpartisan alliance with split treaties. If partisanship was the main factor in how SSX chooses its friends, one would think we would at least endeavour to sign some more treaties with highly partisan alliances.

The SSX's treaty policy is one of quality over quantity. We seek to establish ties with whom we feel are the best, most honorable alliances out there, regardless of their position in the tangled treaty web. Rest assured, if the 57th's connections to certain other alliances was our only concern in this situation, we never would have asked for a downgrade.

I am disappointed that you seem to judge me based on my actions over two years ago, in another life. At that time I admit that I was a rabid partisan, with little regard for much else. However, upon my return to Digiterra, and my foundation of the SSX on this world, I have had entirely different goals, and gone about my business on this world in an entirely different manner. It is true that you wouldn't know anything about this, however, as I have not spoken to you for more than a few minutes since the summer of 2008.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for it being right or wrong, that's their opinion, and yours as well it seems, based on OWF posts that are childish, rude, etc. Yeah, what I do on the OWF does not reflect on my skill as a member of the Government, considering that the military is the aspect of it that falls under my command. FA does not, for obvious reasons.

While what you say on the OWF doesn't reflect your performance as leader of the 57th's military, it's performance in the war does, and so from that I'd have to say their opinion of you is correct

:smug: << Hell yeah! (I voted for it :v: )

Edited by Ellis

Prior to this announcement, the SSX had but three treaties. Two of our treaty partners, NV and IAA, are distantly connected, but not at all guaranteed to fall on the same side in a major war. Then there was 57th, who like us, has generally been a nonpartisan alliance with split treaties. If partisanship was the main factor in how SSX chooses its friends, one would think we would at least endeavour to sign some more treaties with highly partisan alliances.

The SSX's treaty policy is one of quality over quantity. We seek to establish ties with whom we feel are the best, most honorable alliances out there, regardless of their position in the tangled treaty web. Rest assured, if the 57th's connections to certain other alliances was our only concern in this situation, we never would have asked for a downgrade.

I am disappointed that you seem to judge me based on my actions over two years ago, in another life. At that time I admit that I was a rabid partisan, with little regard for much else. However, upon my return to Digiterra, and my foundation of the SSX on this world, I have had entirely different goals, and gone about my business on this world in an entirely different manner. It is true that you wouldn't know anything about this, however, as I have not spoken to you for more than a few minutes since the summer of 2008.

I am honestly judging SSX and its actions, along with yours based upon the current available evidence in this thread and ONLY this thread. If I've gotten it wrong, fine. However it seemed to me that there was more to this cancellation than just SSX and the 57th parting ways over a simple disagreement. There are larger world issues at stake.

OOC: A player re-rolls and creates a new character, then I judge them based on the actions of the new character and only the new character. So far as I know, you've been doing it right this time and I applaud you for that.

I am honestly judging SSX and its actions, along with yours based upon the current available evidence in this thread and ONLY this thread. If I've gotten it wrong, fine. However it seemed to me that there was more to this cancellation than just SSX and the 57th parting ways over a simple disagreement. There are larger world issues at stake.

OOC: A player re-rolls and creates a new character, then I judge them based on the actions of the new character and only the new character. So far as I know, you've been doing it right this time and I applaud you for that.

You are correct that this is more than just a simple disagreement. You are wrong in thinking that this has much to do with international relations.

OOC: A commendable policy indeed. I brought up the long time we've spent not having talked because after I saw your post, I went looking for you on IRC, and you were nowhere to be found. My heart felt sad. :(

Chimaera: I don't like the OWF. Never have to be honest, so me posting here on a more regular basis is not going to happen. I am curious though as to where people are getting this impression of Lord Panda from. Was it his posts prior to becoming a government member of the 57th? They hold no weight at all with regards to his competence as a government member. Does it prove that he's capable of going toe-to-toe with "the bad people" on Bob? It surely does, how this reflects on his competence in a negative light is lost to me. That said, I have no wish to debate the point any further. Your impressions of Lord Panda are your own. If you've a need to be concerned, come talk to me, or maybe even do him the justice of talking to him yourself. If you don't have a need to be concerned, then it matters to you not in the slightest. (Chim - the tail end of the that trailed off, and is more generally directed at Bob in general rather than you in particular.)

Asriel: I said nothing of the sort. I merely pointed out that nobody in the current reformed Browncoats was privy to the information that I was describing. If you were, then somebody has taken it upon themselves to leak information out of a private forum. If such is the case, I am entirely unaware of it and consider you all the better off for it. As I've said though, this does not take from the fact that only the 57th, Silence, CoIN, CD, IoM (since disbanded) and NSO who were aware of that information. Neither BC, nor any of BC's membership (past nor present), were involved in these discussions.

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread, but I'd as soon have it dead than not.

A military leader is still a leader. People don't care much whether or not you're in FA or Military, they care whether or not 1: you're in gov, 2: how high you are in govt, and last and least: Which alliance you're in.

People will still remember that a member of 57th said the things you have said, they won't think about you being a military leader or FA leader, they will think of you simply as "a leader."

Trying to give you advice mate, I suggest you take it and run with it and go for the touchdown before you fumble the ball.

That's their problem and not mine. I don't need to make excuses or apologize to anyone except Veneke, who is my captain.

While what you say on the OWF doesn't reflect your performance as leader of the 57th's military, it's performance in the war does, and so from that I'd have to say their opinion of you is correct

:smug: << Hell yeah! (I voted for it :v: )

Considering I was on vacation on the military was being run by the Staff Sergeants and my Second in command( Who now holds equal rank to my own, albeit in internal affairs ) I'd say they did fairly well. Granted, we preformed far better in the Karma war, but for an 18 hour war with little to no warning, as well as a general inexperience of the membership in regards to war, I'd say the boys came out just fine.

Anything else, or is this the only jab you'd like to throw my way?

That's their problem and not mine. I don't need to make excuses or apologize to anyone except Veneke, who is my captain.

You're right. It isn't your problem. It's your leader's problem, because he'll be the one going to the fire for you due to your inability to understand that your words and actions, that of a government member, carry consequences for your alliance. But it appears that you haven't learned that from your previous Lieutenant's mistake. You can think whatever you are inclined to believe, but here on the OWF the government of an alliance is responsible for their words and actions. Veneke is well versed in this. Maybe instead of acting the fool you could speak with him about what happens when the Court of Public Opinion grabs hold of what a government official states publicly and goes to town with it.

Considering I was on vacation on the military was being run by the Staff Sergeants and my Second in command( Who now holds equal rank to my own, albeit in internal affairs ) I'd say they did fairly well. Granted, we preformed far better in the Karma war, but for an 18 hour war with little to no warning, as well as a general inexperience of the membership in regards to war, I'd say the boys came out just fine.

Anything else, or is this the only jab you'd like to throw my way?

How about I let you know if I think of anything else ;)

You're right. It isn't your problem. It's your leader's problem, because he'll be the one going to the fire for you due to your inability to understand that your words and actions, that of a government member, carry consequences for your alliance. But it appears that you haven't learned that from your previous Lieutenant's mistake. You can think whatever you are inclined to believe, but here on the OWF the government of an alliance is responsible for their words and actions. Veneke is well versed in this. Maybe instead of acting the fool you could speak with him about what happens when the Court of Public Opinion grabs hold of what a government official states publicly and goes to town with it.

I'm going to agree with Mechanus on this one mate. The Court of Public Opinion is merciless and has "forced" alliances to disband (in quotations because technically they choose to disband, nobody can really force them, FAN is a testament to that fact). I try not to jab people, however, most people who frequent the OWF are not so generous.

What you say on the OWF has an effect on what people think about your alliance. Just saying.

I'm going to agree with Mechanus on this one mate. The Court of Public Opinion is merciless and has "forced" alliances to disband (in quotations because technically they choose to disband, nobody can really force them, FAN is a testament to that fact). I try not to jab people, however, most people who frequent the OWF are not so generous.

What you say on the OWF has an effect on what people think about your alliance. Just saying.

Listen, Asriel, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't need the spark notes version of everything Mechanus just said.

That being said, you'll note that I'm trying very hard not to live up to my name as Captain of the Troll Patrol now that I've stepped into a Leadership role, and your concerns are noted.

For bringing it to my attention, I'll have to remember to include you in my Christmas card list.

Good day to you, sir.

Listen, Asriel, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't need the spark notes version of everything Mechanus just said.

That being said, you'll note that I'm trying very hard not to live up to my name as Captain of the Troll Patrol now that I've stepped into a Leadership role, and your concerns are noted.

For bringing it to my attention, I'll have to remember to include you in my Christmas card list.

Good day to you, sir.

I wasn't give you the spark notes version, I was just adding something I felt he didn't quite emphasize enough.

Anyway, it's been noted by me and a few others, but not many other people that you have toned it down a bit.