Final Zero Hour Announcement

YohanElus

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to comment before the tin foil brigade starts passing out the 'special' kool aid.

This decision was made in the best interests of the members. It would be impossible to carry on as an alliance from a political stand point. When we told Athens what the original intention of ZH was, we fully expected to get killed. Obviously that did not happen, though to this day I personally think it should have and was a mistake on Athens' part for not meting out some form of punishment. In the wake of this affair, the level of distrust on both sides is high. No one aside from Athens would sign a treaty with ZH. Athens is a good group of people, but having one ally isn't enough, especially when that ally is split down the middle when it comes to how ZH should have been dealt with.

People keeping asking why we came out when we did. It really was a spur of the moment thing, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm kind of impulsive. We knew it was only a matter of time before someone threw us under the bus, so I made the decision to read Zulchep in on the original intent of ZH. She advised we come clean with Athens as we had an MDoAP with them sitting in our Embassy since Oct, just waiting to be signed. We didn't upgrade because of our history, before all of this we were actively trying to figure out how to separate ourselves from Athens and not have the relationship end on bad terms. Telling the truth equaled ZI and the death of the alliance, politically and membership wise. As we wanted ZH to be successful, we were selfish for that reason in not telling Athens.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and accept whatever may come, which is exactly what we did and this is the result.

Whether this makes a difference or not, I really don't care. I just get tired of people acting like they know everything when they really don't have a !@#$@#$ clue.

I can't say that I am sad about this disbandment. I believe that this is a sign that karma (real karma, not the façade used in the last war) does exist on this planet. Happy trails to the former members of Zero Hour and I look forward to the day when I can be proud to know you individually again.

One down.

Will TORN be next?

In all seriousness though, I don't know why ZH escaped punishment in all of this, simply because they decided to come clean about it. Punishment still should have been handed out to ZH along with TPF.

I guess disbandment is your punishment.

Edited by astronaut jones

After all the trouble you all have caused, you decide to disband. What a shame.

And continue living on and being scolded and mocked by the general mass as a bunch of traitors/spies/whatever you want to label them as?

I understand this decision, good luck ex-ZH members. The alliance would have been too difficult given it's unfortunate foundation.

Edited by Ejayrazz

And continue living on and being scolded and mocked by the general mass as a bunch of traitors/spies/whatever you want to label them as?

I understand this decision, good luck ex-ZH members. The alliance would have been too difficult given it's unfortunate foundation.

Especially when the real culprits in all of this were able to escape completely unscathed, considering that they ran to hippy as their alliance was slaughtered around them.

Especially when the real culprits in all of this were able to escape completely unscathed, considering that they ran to hippy as their alliance was slaughtered around them.

Trying for one last defense, eh?

Zero Hour never spied on Athens. The day before Zero Hour was launched DrunkMonkey told me in query that he picked Athens as protectors to get away from mhawk of whom he disagreed with. Maybe because of your grudges you decided to re-visit an idea 6 months later to get an alliance you had beef with killed.

Pipe down and take your medicine.

Edited by The AUT

Kind of ironic considering ZH had no repercussions for their actions.

Will TORN be next?

In all seriousness though, I don't know why ZH escaped punishment in all of this, simply because they decided to come clean about it. Punishment still should have been handed out to ZH along with TPF.

I guess disbandment is your punishment.

Trust me, when we were told that we would not be attacked, I asked Londo straight up if he was sure. The reason we weren't ZI'd or punished in some fashion was because they felt it wouldn't be good to shoot the messenger, as it might set an example and prevent others from coming forward in the future. This flies in the face of the past precedent for handling spying on Planet Bob which we all know is ZI.

I understand the logic behind their reasoning, but it was a mistake. We were guilty and should have been punished along side the others involved.

First off, let me say that I understand why this happened.

Second off, I want to say that I have enjoyed the short time I have worked with DM, Zulie and Ayrrie. Fine people, all of them.

To be honest, I knew this would happen weeks ago. To those of you claiming they escaped punishment...you should learn what it is to have something you worked for, be left helpless and hopeless. In every measurable way, save for the loss of unimportant infrastructure that can be rebuilt....ZH has paid the ultimate price. And as such, in the views of everyone within Athens that I have spoken to, they walk away from us on even terms. And, we wish them all well.