An Announcement from The German Empire

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the OWF, with people like this it makes me wonder why I bother caring for the human race :rolleyes:

Well bickering old maids aside, here's to our new leadership and may TGE keep on trucking

Sad to see you go PV,

Congrats Chris,

o/ TGE

o/ to Cybernations

Wilhelm1908, you seem like a decent guy and I don't mind your comments. Maybe you're just better at this than these other underhanded clowns like Ferdinand and Flinders who are about as subtle as wet fart at the opera and just blatantly making stuff up as usual, but still I don't understand your POV of me. I suspect you're just attacking me and arguing to argue at this point because the mob mentality has clearly taken over in this thread as evidenced by the dog pile every time I post, lol.

If I'm involved then so be it. If it gives NoR and roa a break from slandering TGE to make up some more stuff about me then have at it. It doesn't matter me, I could care less about impressing the OWF masses with blatant bitterness and liez. Show me how it's done.

"You mentioned my name, is there anything I can do for you?"

No thank you. For most of us the[*] TGE we knew, at the times we knew it, does not exist anymore. Still here we are, wishing it all the best for the future. We might have different ways of going about it, but that is what we wish, for the most part. That TGE go on and be what it should be.

I think TGE has lost more excellent membership over the past couple years than a lot of other alliances combined, people like Lord Cyvole, Emperor Marx, Shurukian, Rommelgrad, Totenkopf, James Maximus, Juanvaldez, Valdemar, Vlad Dracula, Germanic Republic. These are folks that have at one time or another tried to fix, what they felt was not correct.

It reads like a veritable who's who of Planet Bob, whichever time frame you take into consideration. Of course most of them are not on the same side on most issues, today, but it was indeed a good gathering of people, an excellent resource pool that unfortunately has been allowed to dissipate and was not been capitalized upon. That to me is something which i would consider to be failure on a scale unprecedented on Planet Bob. An alliance that has spawned, so many leadership figures for the rest of the Planet, and has not been able to retain any one.

Heal thyself TGE. Best wishes go with you.

[*] Not making judgment calls on whether anyone is disgruntled or not. I simply state that which i see.

"Alfred, why is there no mention of me, I declare SHENANIGANS!"

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

The only thing Chris is forcing is gators, down to the ground.

I believe you are referring to the late Rommelgrad, whose maxims and deeds were undoubtedly stolen by Chris.

I have watched with intent at the structure of the empire, ever since its creation in June 2007. I have seen the empire united at its full potential, with adept leaders and councilors at its command. I have witnessed the golden age of prosperity when the government was at its finest. I've seen Lady Shurukian's fall from grace within the alliance, and I've seen that same alliance pick itself back up. But after nearly 3 years of observation, I see before me a ruin and a scrap pile of what was once a great alliance. A body of power-corrupted individuals is left to tend to the battered ruin, and its members follow and obey like sheep, as the period of sound judgment and reason have been washed away by the new pseudo-government. I say pseudo-government, because I do not recognize the majority as a true TGE government, one that respects and actively listens to the needs and desires of its people, rather than being shoved in a position of power for personal gain.

I am thoroughly disgusted, disappointed, and moreover disturbed by this turn of events. I expected far greater from an alliance that was as honorable and driven as TGE once was. Instead, we are faced with this mutated and defaced aberration of an alliance, with relatively no drive to move forward.

To be sincere, I cannot wish enough luck for the salvation of this dire situation. At this rate, the alliance's own 1918 approaches rather quickly.

Can we have a TGE post these days that I'm not brought up in? >_>

Congratulations to the new TGE government, and congratulations to Princess Victoria. Running TGE was possibly one of the most stressful and unforgiving times in my career, and you'll learn a lot from it, both good and bad.

To President Chris, however you got the position, you got it. It took over a year and a half, but you finally got the position you've been pushing for and your chance to prove yourself. So, let's see what you can do. I don't have high hopes, but I'm always open to surprises. You always said you could handle it, so let's see.

Unlike Suttler, I can't say that I'm disgusted or dissapointed by these events. I would feel that, knowing TGE, these events are only natural, and it would only take a matter of time. It seems to be natural progression in the German Empire, and I can't really say I'm surprised at all. Also, knowing what happened to me after I 'left' TGE, I can only feel glad for Princess Victoria.

If anything, I would say that Chris has lost the most in this situation, most likely. Not only has his reputation been sullied for some, but if TGE does fail, like it's starting to look, then his name will be the one signed on the death certificate.

Edited by Shurukian

Sargon would be one of the personnel sent from FOK! to keep TGE in line. Made gov in record time as well, as I recall. Much like Sheogorath's current posting.

:lol1:

You make me laugh, you couldn't be more wrong. If you knew anything about Sargon's position in FOK you knew that he wouldn't have been send by the people in charge of FOK at that time.

If you honestly think you're telling the truth, I'm glad TOP and MK are also under our control. :P

:lol1:

You make me laugh, you couldn't be more wrong. If you knew anything about Sargon's position in FOK you knew that he wouldn't have been send by the people in charge of FOK at that time.

If you honestly think you're telling the truth, I'm glad TOP and MK are also under our control. :P

The open secret that Frederick II went running to FOK! for orders every time something important happened, the fact that he immediately relayed any and all information given to him in confidence to him to FOK! from his other allies and the recent move to orange which could only serve, in part, to boost FOK!'s trade opportunities non withstanding? Please convince me the Germans aren't some Dutch colonial expedition.

and the recent move to orange which could only serve, in part, to boost FOK!'s trade opportunities

We at Orange are always happy to welcome new alliances to the sphere. People move to Orange not because of the machinations of alleged puppet masters, but because it's a nice place to be. Whatever issues you may have with TGE, I will thank you to leave Orange out of the discussion.

HAHAHAHA!

This post is so much full of fail that i don't even know where to start!

Let's start from the beginning then.

1) Chris will not do better than Victoria, he wouldn't even do better than a trained monkey.

2)I love TGE more than you can think of, that is why i am sad to see this happening. I would show respect if someone WORTHY of respect would have became the leader of TGE.

3) You left because of Victoria? You left (or were forced to leave, whatever) because you were only causing trouble and were utterly useless for the alliance. Only person you should blame is yourself, not Victoria.

Have a Nice Day!

Wow, you actually have no way of actually making that convincing. You just sound like a liar, now, I am going to prove you wrong through my experiences:

1) How do you know he will not do better? You have no proof that he does or does not do better then the last ruler. Opinion, opinion. Use some facts for once instead of your running tongue.

2) You love TGE more than what I think? Really? So explain why you leave and always come back then leave again. And to be honest, you don't seem like you are sad to see these things happen. Yea, and you love TGE; nice story.

3) I was never forced, I left because Victoria was never qualified for that job and we would never have worked together well at all. We also had quite a few arguments which would have stunted TGE's growth if I stayed longer because it would have been a stale mate.

Back on topic....

1) How do you know he will not do better? You have no proof that he does or does not do better then the last ruler. Opinion, opinion. Use some facts for once instead of your running tongue.

I'd like to answer this one as simply and as comprehensibly as possible, to save Ferdinand the embarrassment.

Victoria has been in office for about 2-3 months, while is not a lot of time to do anything completely worthwhile. Although Victoria is a bright and very social person, I doubt she knew what she was getting into when K-Fred handed her the job. So, Chris had to help out. That much is fine.

I would not be surprised if the truth is that Princess Victoria truly stepped down; it's a tough position, especially in a disarrayed alliance such as TGE. Naturally, Chris was there, foaming at the mouth for his chance to get the position. And he did.

Is this the right course of action? In my opinion, as well as several others, no. President Chris is erratic, impulsive, and overly manipulative. He tends to hold personal vendettas against those who oppose him, lasting to the end of time, even within his own alliance. He will manipulate anyone and everyone to keep his position, to make sure no one threatens him, and to keep his nation's pixels intact, even if it means sacrificing those closest in order to save his own skin. Above all else, he is rude and ignorant, to the point of stubbornly arguing a moot point.

Now, granted, he may not be the first to exhibit these degrading traits. However, should these be the characteristics of the leader of an alliance as noble and grand as TGE? Absolutely not. I've known President Chris; at one point, he was a good friend of mine. However, he turned his back on me and others for greater power. He tried to backstab me once before in order to get into the good books of Vlad Dracula, whose name shall remain in infamy. To be frank, President Chris is just not fitting for the job.

Therefore, I send a message to TGE: get yourselves together, because your current leader won't do it for you.

Well, things are not looking so Rosy, since President Chris took over TGE have gone from 79 to 72 members. To make matters worse one of those was one of their major (one of only two over 100K NS) players. This has of course meant a nose-dive in their stats.

If things go on at that rate, this discussion will be nothing, if not irrelevant, as TGE looks like it is going to collapse if this does keep up.

That would be a sad and ignominious end to a once great alliance.

Edited by Wilhelm1908

Well, things are not looking so Rosy, since President Chris took over TGE have gone from 79 to 71 members. To make matters worse one of those was one of their major (one of only two over 100K NS) players. This has of course meant a nose-dive in their stats.

If things go on at that rate, this discussion will be nothing, if not irrelevant, as TGE looks like it is going to collapse if this does keep up.

Best to go out on a good note than a bad. It's a shame, really. For what it's worth, my offer is still on the table.

Well, things are not looking so Rosy, since President Chris took over TGE have gone from 79 to 72 members. To make matters worse one of those was one of their major (one of only two over 100K NS) players. This has of course meant a nose-dive in their stats.

Make that both of their nation over 100K.

I guess time will only tell right, my good sir?

Time may be a distant factor, but the truth is that the guy isn't cut out for the job. To be quite honest, his many previous engagements and decisions have not gained him much support within the area of foreign affairs; there were several incidents where President Chris' sound judgment was lacking, blamed no doubt as a circumstantial romp of some kind that somehow went wrong.

However, what's done is done, and our whining will not change the course of TGE's bearing to demise. I just hope TGE wakes up before the end.

It's also unlikely that any of you guys know more about the events leading up to this announcement than I do.

I think I might - bear with me:

In mid-December I forwarded a proposal to Victoria for the possible merger of TGE and its last remaining colonies (The now defunct TRE & TAHE) in order to create some kind of decent alliance out of the whole lot. I spoke to Chris and he informed me that he didn't give a damn about a merger because:

23/12/2009 01:44:33 Christopher: I see TGE as a lost cause now and Im waiting for other to see it as well to hopefully help me start my own alliance

So I duly waited for a response from Victoria instead. However, as things transpired, between the 23rd of December and early January, Chris has a change of heart. On the 8th of January, he and two others posted in the PHoL demanding Victoria's resignation. Chris posted first and asked her to go.

Two days later, Chris attacks Victoria on IRC and tells her that she either abdicates or he and the two other officials will resign also adding, cryptically, that allies will walk away as well if she doesn't. He gives her until noon of the following day to make up her mind. This is later extended, grudgingly, to 24 hours. She takes the honourable decision and abdicates, opening this thread and giving Chris what he wants in order to make the best peace. And that, as far as I know, is a very basic synopsis. My problem:

a) I would like some part of TGE to survive but it wont if it's basically being propped up by certain alliances for reasons best known to themselves.

b) The non-stop backroom lunacy needs to come to a halt and the general membership start making some decisions for themselves for a change. Are they happy being used as pawns in some shambolic end-game?

c) I think Victoria was treated dreadfully in this whole affair. Fred used to get bored with the place every couple of weeks and dissapear and Chris didn't ask him to abdicate. When he pushed the colonies down our throats, Chris didn't ask him to abdicate. I think Chris is a decent enough bloke but I'm sorry, this is not the right way to change the place. It doesn't matter how many you recruit unless you have a independant and well-intentioned government in place. Otherwise, this is either just a terminal case of deja-vu or simply a terminal case.

I'm not attacking TGE. I have many happy memories of the place. I'm attacking those alliances who are using them and those people who wronged a very decent and hardworking individual.

Edited by Charles of Teschen

I think I might - bear with me:

In mid-December I forwarded a proposal to Victoria for the possible merger of TGE and its last remaining colonies (The now defunct TRE & TAHE) in order to create some kind of decent alliance out of the whole lot. I spoke to Chris and he informed that he didn't give a damn about a merger because:

So I duly waited for a response from Victoria instead. However, as things transpired, between the 23rd of December and early January, Chris has a change of heart. On the 8th of January, he and two others posted in the PHoL demanding Victoria's resignation. Chris posted first and asks her to go.

Two days later, Chris attacks Victoria on IRC and tells her that she either abdicates or he and the two other officals will resign also adding, cryptically, that allies will walk away as well. He gives her until noon of the following day to make up her mind extended, grudgingly, to 24 hours. She takes the honourable decision and abdicates, opening this thread and giving Chris what he wants. And thats basically that. My problem:

a) I would like some part of TGE to survive but it wont if its basically been propped up by certain alliances for reasons best known to themselves.

b) The non-stop backroom lunacy needs to come to a halt and the general membership start making some decisions for themselves for a change. Are they happy been used as pawns in some sad and silly end-game?

c) I think Victoria was treated dreadfully in this whole affair. Fred used to get bored with the place every couple of weeks and dissapear and Chris didn't ask him to abdicate. When he pushed the colonies down our throats, Chris didn't ask him to abdicate. I think Chris is a decent enough bloke but I'm sorry, this is not the right way to change the place.

I'm not attacking TGE. I have many happy memories of the place. I'm attacking those alliances who are using them and those people who wronged a very decent and hardworking individual.

I like the cut of your jib, sir. I thank you for displaying the story, as I was not fully aware of the goings-on, and I would like to echo this statement.