VE discussion

Lord_MacNeill

Alliances that have disbanded and then "reformed" really should not be included on this list. Well, not in the way that they are. You disbanded. You can't go around pretending that it never happened. Kind of ridiculous. Also, those alliances that end up disbanding have never been that great. Just my two cents.

VE was never that great? Come on I don't think that you can say that.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VE was never that great? Come on I don't think that you can say that.

Well they did disband after one day of war instead of fighting for their cause.

Edited by Bilrow

Look who is talking. You left your alliance after everyone realized you as a leader couldn't run it without having your allies fight your own battles. VE offered a 1v1 and YOU denied it. You're the leader whose allies fought your battles for you, I wouldn't go around degrading VE's reputation over issues which you find yourself in worser scenarios.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Look who is talking. You left your alliance after everyone realized you as a leader couldn't run it without having your allies fight your own battles. VE offered a 1v1 and YOU denied it. You're the leader whose allies fought your battles for you, I wouldn't go around degrading VE's reputation over issues which you find yourself in worser scenarios.

A 1v1 was never offered, but continue living in your dream world.

Look who is talking. You left your alliance after everyone realized you as a leader couldn't run it without having your allies fight your own battles. VE offered a 1v1 and YOU denied it.
And pray tell, what exactly is the logic in giving your enemy a better chance of winning? I understand what you're saying, but that's not a very good analogy for your point, regardless of whether it actually happened or not.

I cannot speak to the validity of your claim, though everyone knows that you would not have accepted it were it offered, but continue living in your dream world.

Egore mentioned it which you purposely ignored. Not my dream world, but keep living in yours. Maybe one day you'll lead an alliance which actually becomes something other than a farm with a leader who needs big boys to fight his battles.

I cannot speak to the validity of your claim, though everyone knows that you would not have accepted it were it offered, but continue living in your dream world.

That's not the point of whether I would accept it or not. The fact it was never offered is what I am contending.

Egore mentioned it which you purposely ignored. Not my dream world, but keep living in yours. Maybe one day you'll lead an alliance which actually becomes something other than a farm with a leader who needs big boys to fight his battles.

Egore wasn't even around then, Ardus was the leader.

Dear Slick Willie,

We wanted to fight but we were told by GGA and NPO that we would never get peace nor allowed to exist. When it became known by NPO that we were disbanding, NPO backpedalled into allowing us exist on the PINK sphere only.

Not really, still the same "do-nothing" alliance as before.

Not really, and never was before. Quite ironic you would try to say anything about that time period givin the current status and size of your former alliance (no disrespect to our fellow UJA signtory intended) compared with that of Viridia, who is bigger and better then we have ever been.

If you think for a minute that the stunt you pulled back then accomplished anything then you are sorely mistaken. If you think our success and growth a just a short few months later after "disbanding" was a coincidence you are sorely mistaken. The only thing that your little escapade did in the long run was show your true colors, put a short intermission on our growth, and harden our core community. I don't like the term "disband", I prefer to think of it as refusing to play your little game and leave colors, and just playing you in the long run instead.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

That's not the point of whether I would accept it or not. The fact it was never offered is what I am contending.

Egore wasn't even around then, Ardus was the leader.

Egore was actually around then, he was acting as an advisor to the alliance as RL was taking up his time.

And pray tell, what exactly is the logic in giving your enemy a better chance of winning? I understand what you're saying, but that's not a very good analogy for your point, regardless of whether it actually happened or not.

Aye, point acknowledged, it's the point of him speaking of a sovereign alliance's honor -- him of all people has no right to speak. However, you are correct in this regard and therefore I wont allow stupidity to engulf common sense and argue for the sake of arguing. ;)

The point was he question's one honor when he NEEDED his allies to do the things he did, but never would admit to it. Honestly, he is in the same category as NoWedge in my book.

Bilrow: Egore wasn't completely gone, I believe Ardus could confirm the offer because I actively supported it.

Not really, and never was before. Quite ironic you would try to say anything about that time period givin the current status and size of your former alliance (no disrespect to our fellow UJA signtory intended) compared with that of Viridia, who is bigger and better then we have ever been.

If you think for a minute that the stunt you pulled back then accomplished anything then you are sorely mistaken. If you think our success and growth a just a short few months later after "disbanding" was a coincidence you are sorely mistaken. The only thing that your little escapade did in the long run was show your true colors, put a short intermission on our growth, and harden our core community. I don't like the term "disband", I prefer to think of it as refusing to play your little game and leave colors, and just playing you in the long run instead.

In short, you didn't have the fortitude to stand up for your beliefs and fight for what you believe, so choose the easy way out. We know.

Aye, point acknowledged, it's the point of him speaking of a sovereign alliance's honor -- him of all people has no right to speak. However, you are correct in this regard and therefore I wont allow stupidity to engulf common sense and argue for the sake of arguing. ;)

The point was he question's one honor when he NEEDED his allies to do the things he did, but never would admit to it. Honestly, he is in the same category as NoWedge in my book.

Bilrow: Egore wasn't completely gone, I believe Ardus could confirm the offer because I actively supported it.

It was never offered to me or any other of GGA leadership. Kind of hard to accept or deny an offer if it was never extended. I know I am good, but I am not God to read minds.

In short, you didn't have the fortitude to stand up for your beliefs and fight for what you believe, so choose the easy way out. We know.

Actually, you're wrong again, Slick Willie.

We did choose to fight for our beliefs. We took them to other alliances and spread our message and ideals. We chose that avenue because it would have made it impossible for you to hurt any of us, either IC or OOC.

Actually, you're wrong again, Slick Willie.

We did choose to fight for our beliefs. We took them to other alliances and spread our message and ideals. We chose that avenue because it would have made it impossible for you to hurt any of us, either IC or OOC.

That's why ya'll are all swarming this thread like someone poured gasoline on it. Sore spot?

Well now that's clearly not a response to what I said at all, nor is it anything close to an accurate summary of what I said, is it?

While I try not to reply to off topic comments made strictly to antagonize and nothing else, I have to ask out of sheer morbid curiosity...who is this "we" you speak of when you said "we know"?

Three accusations from Bilrow:

1. Disband

2. Willingness to fight

3. Do-nothing alliance

1. Yes, we clearly disbanded, though it was very brief. Many in Viridia did not want to disband at the time and still today wish we had not, but we will not deny it happened.

2. Questioning our willingness to fight is a bit tricky. You can base your opinion strictly of the disbandment - which seems to be your method of choice - or you can look at a broader, more holistic view of our history and judge whether or not revenge has taken place.

3. Do-nothing, eh? This scarcely requires rebuttal, but I suppose I could indulge you by reminding you of the time we defended our allies in Ordo Verde.

edit: syntax

Edited by Farnsworth

That's why ya'll are all swarming this thread like someone poured gasoline on it. Sore spot?

You sir, give yourself too much credit.

Looking at a long term strategy with short term eyesight will normally result in views such as yours Slick willy

Edit: Wording

Edited by aineshane

You sir, give yourself too much credit.

Looking at a long term strategy with short term eyesight will normally result in views such as yours Slick willy

Edit: Wording

And yet, you keep proving me right.

VE's date on this list should be one of their reformation, since it's misleading to new players of the game to use the initial starting date.