To Further Our Consolidation

Sarah Tintagyl

If one would look at a map of South East Asia and Oceania, there was something a bit amiss or at least Hannah believed there was when she saw the orange swaths of land in Northern Australia, and the purple island of the coast of mainland Asia. With the incorporation of the Taiwanese Empire out of Northern Australia and the Acca Daccans much easier to consult with, Hannah saw this as a great opportunity to accomplish something that had not been able to be done for decades. An Australia, for Australians. With the recent meetings in Bangkok and the rest of the world as deeming vile, she saw no real reason that Australia would need area outside of its sphere of influence. The continent was much more important that a small island that would always feel a bit outside. This was better and she was sure Ava would agree.

So a letter would arrive to the young Queen of Acca Dacca, addressed in fine writing with black ink.

Your Highness,

I do understand that our nations could be closer than they are and further consolidation of the Oceanic and South Asian Regions nearly go along with that. In recent times, the Queendom has acquired Taiwan from the Japanese whist due to your recent merger with the Taiwanese Empire has brought you into possession of Northern Australia. I would like to invite you to Darwin to talk about the governorship of these lands, as I am sure you are much more qualified to handle Taiwan as it is closer and part of your sphere of influence, while Australia can finally be government by Australians. Something this continent has not had in a long time.

Please honor me with your presence at Lillia Palace for a luncheon and to further discuss the future of these people who are so dear to our hearts.

Sincerely,

Hannah.png

Your Highness,

I accept your invitation, as I seek an interest in Taiwan. As the Queen of Australia, it would be an honor to attend the Palace with you, as it has been my desire to continue to be closer with our two countries. I shall meet with you in a few hours to discuss any transaction that may occur. I shall make my way to the Lillia Palace through my own way, if you do not mind, and I will make sure to have a nice appetite by then. I look foward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Queen Ava Jones of Acca Dacca.

The water off of Australia was cool, calm and very nice in the midst of a new day. The mist overhead gave the feeling of being alone. Almost...haunting experience for some, but for Ava, it was soothing. She had no worries, no problems, it was her...and the touch of water on her skin. She had gotten pale over hed past few days stuck in her meetings with neighbors, and the mist continued to hold that over her, but she was simply glad to be back in the Oceania region, and hoped to have tan before returning back to Asia. Yet, her floating paradise was interrupted by Michelle, her advisor.

"Hate to break it to you madame, but we do have issues to address."

Ava sighed as she began to swim back to shore backwards, "Yes, yes. Another day, another issue. At least I can spend it in Australia."

She felt her hand hit sand and she turned, she stood up, grabbed a towel, and had her limo bring her to the palace over the border. Her advisor helped her dress for the meeting. Michelle looked at Ava as a mother looks at her daughter. She was the closest thing to a child that Michelle ever had. She ran a finger through Ava's hair and said, "You've done great things already, my queen."

Ava placed her hand over Michelle's and said, "I have many to thank for that, you most of all. You've helped me all along and I am greatful to have you at my side."

The car stopped, and the twogot all teary eyed, but were able to hold it for a later moment considering there was the opportunity for continued relations with the Australians present at this moment. Michelle stayed behind as Ava walked off towards the palace. She addressed the guards, and they allowed her passage to the palace, where she was lead to Hannah.

The gates to Lillia Palace stood tall against the sun reflecting off of its enormous windows, gilded and decorated sides of stone, a building of power and prestige and the center piece of the masterpiece that was the Australian Queendom. Slowly, two Guards, part of the SWORD organization who also functioned as palace guards with the Lillians, opened the gates that led into a lush green garden sprawling with trees and a great marble fountain in the middle that made rainbows in the air with the water dripping from the mouth of the statue in the center. A statue of Athena. From here, Ava was approached by two Lillian Guards, holding their rapiers at their hips, they took off their hands and bowed low to the Queen with smiles on their faces.

"Highness, it is a pleasure. Queen Hannah is anxiously awaiting your audience in the throne room, if you would follow us, we will take you to her now."

Fleur and Andriette, the Lillians, led Ava into the palace itself into the Grand Hall that stretched down the structure in all directions, finally reaching a great marble staircase that led to the upper floors of the palace. Here down halls of tall windows, tapestries of Australian history, political leaders of the past and present, she was caught in color rays of sun coming through the window over looking the city of Darwin. Finally, they arrived at another set of wooden doors, designed in the French Baroque style that led into another very large hall, though this one most definitely had an end. Another series of tall windows let in sunlight, with aid from hanging chandeliers, while at the end of the room, seated on a large throne, Hannah stood up, her flowing white robes dropping to the floor.

"Ava of Acca Dacca, it is a true pleasure." She said bowing her head and began to walk down the small staircase to the floor, her robes trailing behind her. "Fleur, Andriette, you are both excused. Thank you."

"Of course Majesty." The Lillians bowed and withdrew from the room, leaving Hannah and the young Acca Daccan alone.

Hannah gestured to a side door and began to walk. "If you would join me Ava, I figured we could have lunch out on one of the balconies insides of in this stuffy palace. Much more inviting and all." They walked a bit to a balcony that overlooked the northern party of the city and beyond that the horizon of the sea traveled into the distance forever. Here, there was a small table set up with two glasses of wine, and a few appetizers of crab, shrimp, and lobster. "The servants will bring out lunch in a bit, but for now, please, sit. Let us talk about the future of Australia and Acca Dacca. You have what I want, I have what you want. We should come to an agreement."

"Your Highness, please, call me Ava. I've never set foot in this palace, and I am astounded at how beautiful it really is. I hope to call something similar to it my own someday."

The ocean breeze caught Ava. She basked in it before she sat down. As she did, she knew she loved everything about this place. She then responded to Hannah.

"The future of Acca Dacca? Its...complex. You see, I'm a peaceful person. I work to make sure that everything remains peaceful, but everything I've done has just brought me to face war, destruction, pain and suffering. I don't want these things, but what else am I to do? Either way, I wish to focus on my people in this agreement. Recently, I have been given authority over the jurisdiction of the Taiwanese people. They have long since remained on the Australian continent. Exiled from thier homeland, they only wish to return. For all of Australia, I am hoping that you will agree to give me what you have of Taiwan. If I cannot give my people peace, I can give them back thier homeland."

Edited by Acca Dacca

Hannah nodded. "I have no problem with a transfer of land, especially for the sake of the continent. Not that Australia, the Hansa, or I believe Promised Land has ever had a problem with the Taiwanese in Australia, but this is an argument of homelands. I would rather have a continuous continent and without the far reaching counties and principalities that come with expansionism. Polynesia and Micronesia have been part of the Hansa for years, but Taiwan had not really gone under any true push to identify themselves as apart of the Greater Australian Queendom. So this change should be made in its youth, before sentimental and nationalistic feelings develop. But I see no problem with this transfer. None at all and in a gesture of goodwill, I will personally oversee the entire operation of relocation myself. The Australian navy will aid in anyway possible for the relocation of people, and our investors would, I am positive, be happy in seeing fresh new markets and competition in an Acca Daccan Taiwan. Such cooperation is rarely seen in the world these days Ava. We are setting precedents here."

"Very well. I hope that you will be able willing to work with the person I will be putting in charge of on the recieving end, my advisor Nebu. He is delighted to hear that even talks of this exchange were taking place, so I hope that this is not too much trouble. I, myself, am gald to see that the true taiwanese people are amking thier way home, and I am glad that you have offered your help. This will, infact be better for both of our nations."

Ava looked out, over the garden, at the sea. She spoke without looking back at Hannah:

"I am sure that the Taiwanese people are going to miss this, though. The calm seas that you have brought to Australia. You, and all that and Anthony have done has made for a better Australia. I only hope that I can do that on my end."

At this point, she turned to Hannah.

"Our precedents will rub off on others, eventually. It'll take time for the simple minded Emperor to realize what is best for his people. With nations covering half of Asia, its probably going to take a war to bring down another stabilizing force...as usual."

"Agreed Ava, I look forward to further unification of the Southern Asian territory and in Oceania. We are taking the steps to do so. Lady Tintagyl had always dreamed of a world of peace, a world unified while diverse. She still dreams this, I am sure, and it brightens my heart to know that we are creating it for her here." She stood up and walked over next to Ava and took her by the shoulder. "Hopefully good things will continue to come of this."