Communists Forever

Don't like the treaty title, but congrats nonetheless.

Union of Communist Republics, Aeonic Imperium. Sorry, I'm not creative.

Why do you need a treaty to confirm your sovereign right to make a decision? :huh:

Good Question. The point is we want everyone to know we are friends and will be defending each other (believe me, we will activate this treaty if needed, neither of us shy away from fights), and when we do, we don't want any of this "bandwagon" crap.

Edited by Infidel Israeli

neither of us shy away from fights

Then why 'optional'? You could at least made it an MDoAP. If someone would propose an all optional treaty to me, I would walk away and scratch one name off of my potential allies list.

Edited by Nemhauser

congrats to AI and UCR. AI is an excellent alliance and on the parallel universe, AI is a great group that are extremely loyal to their allies. i doubt this AI is any different. UCR has a great ally and friend in AI.

lol @ all the hate in this thread. seriously, ya'll should listen to your mothers about the whole saying nothing if it ain't nice. while sometimes it is a necessary evil to ignore, giving your opinion on a treaty that does not affect you at all is quite useless. but i am sure those stating how useless this treaty is, is quite familiar with being useless.

Who is "slong" and why is he Chairman if that's my position. I also don't remember ever signing such a document..which is probably while they misspelled my name in the first place.

Obviously a coup. You have been replaced by a slightly deformed clone. :P

Then why 'optional'? You could at least made it an MDoAP. If someone would propose an all optional treaty to me, I would walk away and scratch one name off of my potential allies list.

Why go to a MDoAP if you don't think your ally will defend you unless forced to by a treaty? I think too many of you have treaties with allies, instead of having treaties with friends. (the difference i'm getting to is one is only for your alliances benefit, the other is for friendship and your alliances benefit) In the end I think our optional treaty will stand for more than your MDoAPs. It's amazing how many treaty cancellations I see once a big war is about to start.

Who is "slong" and why is he Chairman if that's my position. I also don't remember ever signing such a document..which is probably while they misspelled my name in the first place.

:ph34r:

Err, this is a rather shocking revelation. So the treaty announcement is fake? A fraud upon the world community? I expect to see some heads a-rollin.

Err, this is a rather shocking revelation. So the treaty announcement is fake? A fraud upon the world community? I expect to see some heads a-rollin.

Oh you're the smartest of the group. AI hereby declares war on UCR

Edit: Okay no we don't...

I believe that like myself, among more than a few others, he is confused by the paradoxical nature of signing a contract that does not demand compliance.

Congratulations on your treaty.

Crazy concept aint it? relying on the alliance you signed with to be reliable?

Edit: regardless, thanks everyone for the congrats

I believe that like myself, among more than a few others, he is confused by the paradoxical nature of signing a contract that does not demand compliance.

Congratulations on your treaty.

and i think we are confused why so many people seem so wronged by this particular OADP.

I mean, i find no problem for your confusion, only with the reason this debate is in this thread.

Hmm. I'm not a big fan of the everything's-optional treaty, because it essentially means your "ally" will only come to your defense when they're guaranteed to win. It seems like ToA or PIAT might be more appropriate in such a situation... But at any rate, congratulations on this first step.

-Craig

we have an OADP with AI and we are going to hold it up even if they are guaranteed to lose >.>