Fianna Doctrine

kitex

OOC: Comments are more than welcome OOC'ly

FLAG.gif

****ABOVE TOP SECRET****

Fianna Doctrine

Preamble

Currently the situation is such that there are too many variables on the continent that is North America (see: Damacious war, FPI collapse, Florida conflict) that can turn into a war at almost anytime.The CAN, while a very good defense option for Blue Heaven, it may not be enough during times of war. In order to ensure the protection of Blue Heaven and her citizens, this doctrine is to be adopted. The Fianna Doctrine is purely defensive and will in no way, shape, or form be used to ever intiate agressive, but especially preemptive, military action.

I. A Short Analysis of the current situation

Currently, the two main powers in North America are Tahoe and Vininland. Tahoe is currently the regional power and one of the worlds superpowers. Their military is lightyears ahead in every possible aspect imaginable. Their military and power projection ranks among the best in the world. Viniland shares many of these same attributes as Tahoe. It is reccomended by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to tread carefully when dealing with either.

II. An Analysis of Blue Heaven's Military

Currently the armed forces of Blue Heaven consists of 190,000 soldiers, with an infantry fighting force of 84,000 soldiers. They are well trained and well equipped but have yet to fight in an actual war. The main problem with our military isn't that they cannot fend off agressor nations, but that they've never had to. The best way for a military to gain experience is to go to war and that is all but possible in North America as Tahoe makes sure that everyone follows its lead and that the continent is stable. We cannot get into any foreign wars unless it's on small scale as the public condemns sending soldiers to far flung places. Simply, put, though, what the Blue Heaven Armed Forces is in need of is war.

III. Defense of Blue Heaven

To ensure the defense of Blue Heaven, three things will need to be ensured, having up to date intelligence on potential adversaries/nations of interest that threaten Blue Heaven or her allies, the rapid build-up of Blue Heaven military personnel if war breaks out, and the building of long-term partnerships with other nations besides the CAN.

A. Intelligence

Currently the nation of Blue Heaven knows next to nothing about other nations or their governments, military, or their interests. What we propose is that we establish a civilian intelligence service who's job it is to:

• provide analysis in areas relevant to national security
  • give early warning of impending crises;
  • serve national and international crisis management by helping to discern the intentions of current or potential opponents
  • inform national defense planning and military operations
  • protect secrets, both of their own sources and activities, and those of other state agencies

This intelligence agency would be housed in the Ministry of Defense and subordinate to the Minister of Defense, but would work in concert with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get specific information about certain nations and would report to both Ministries. This would be a great asset to the national security of Blue Heaven as it would then allow the government to take the necessary steps to either avert crises or to deal with them in the proper manner.

B.Rapid Build-up

Recently the Blue Heaven Armed Forces has recently been split into "armies." This helps a great deal when it comes to the organization and rapid deployment of forces. The only problem Blue Heaven needs to deal with is power projection. We need to make sure that we can get to our allies/nations of interest soon and without hindrance if war breaks out. This is of the utmost importance as an MDP may very well be signed between the nations New Eden and the Commonwealth of Texas. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs needs to approach the nation of Viniland and also the nations neae New Eden to make sure that we can reinforce our allies as swiftly as possible. Also Blue Heaven needs to build up its air force as to have a reasonable amount of anti-aircraft Avengers and also missile tracking radars.

C.Long-term Relationships

The government of Blue Heaven has only reached out to three nations: the FRA, Texas, and New Eden. We need to reach out to other nations such as New England and the Great Lakes State to increase the protection of Blue Heaven and also to establish mutual economic benefits. The main purpose of establishing contact, though, with these nations is that they both have the potential to be good allies of Blue Heaven and both nations offer advanced technology that would be good to have. Having paid attention to the GLS' invasion of Yuktobania, we can say that they're military is quite strong and their strategies and tactics are superb. It is recommended that we engage these nations as soon as possible.

IV. Implementation

The intelligence agency needs to be started up ASAP as Blue Heaven needs to get information on other nations and potential rivals/adversaries. Also we can use this intelligence service to get as much information as we can about other nation's militaries and governments.

The same goes for the Avengers, radars, and contacting other nations. Blue Heaven needs to heavily invest in technology and make contact with more technologically advanced nations to secure for itself the resources needed to better protect the nation.

Signed,

Roger Smith, Prime Minister of Blue Heaven

Colin Powell, Minister of Defense

Dorothy Waynewright, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Edited by kitex

OOC:

This is a good doctrine, I must say. :D

I. A Short Analysis of the current situation

Currently, the two main powers in North America are Tahoe and Vininland. Tahoe is currently the regional power and one of the worlds superpowers. Their military is lightyears ahead in every possible aspect imaginable. Their military and power projection ranks among the best in the world. Viniland shares many of these same attributes as Tahoe. It is reccomended by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to tread carefully when dealing with either.

Erm, you forgot one more thing. Particularly that certain nation spanning most of the northeastern US... :P

OOC: Silly Jed. In all reality, Viniland has roughly a thousand more tech than me, making him the most technologically advanced military on the continent (although at this level the tech efficiency levels out), and I have about two thousand more than Jed, who is the third power of North America. Its the only uni-polar continent other than South America (which is practicallyl one nation). Since all the major powers are allied, this makes sense

OOC: Silly Jed. In all reality, Viniland has roughly a thousand more tech than me, making him the most technologically advanced military on the continent (although at this level the tech efficiency levels out), and I have about two thousand more than Jed, who is the third power of North America. Its the only uni-polar continent other than South America (which is practicallyl one nation). Since all the major powers are allied, this makes sense

OOC: I actually have more tech than JED, making me the third power in North America, I guess.

OOC: True. But I was thinking of Viniland, Tahoe, and New England, in this particular order. Yes, I do know you and V the King have more Tech than me, silly Mudd. :P

And Mudd, I'd bet that at the rate you're going now, you'll have more Tech than V the King himself pretty soon.

OOC: I actually have more tech than JED, making me the third power in North America, I guess.

OOC: Actually, I have about 100 more Tech than you (~4,401 Tech to ~4,303 Tech), so I'm still the third power in North America. ;)

Isn't a light year a measure of distance, not time?

OOC i just IRL facepalmed

depending on its context it can be used for bgoth and it makes no difference.

EG if it is used as a measure of distance i could say:

"THEY ARE MILES AHEAD"

and it still means they are infront.

I could say:

THEY ARE YEARS AHEAD"

and it still means theyre are infront of us, only in a difference timescale.

makes no odds on what it means, simplified and without being awkward and splitting hairs, it means infront of