Peace in Our Time

Yawoo

no I believe he is saying, just like all big wars, the early entrants, especially small alliances, win or lose will be pulverized fast.

Its math really every wave of treaties that kick in bring in bigger dogs and the earlier waves get overrun with more wars than they can handle.

When one side runs out of a progressivly larger wave the other side will win.

So our side is smaller? Sounds like someone has been planning worst case scenarios much like Nem/CoJ/BC was doing at the beginning of this. Perhaps we should preemptively strike someone.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allies don't mean you wouldn't get smacked. Look at TPF.

:lol1:

Please dont turn this into a No U! I think you typed, then you come out with this a few posts later? ohh the lolz.

Really, all I can see is people argueing about peace lol classic. Fail attempts at trolling and flaming are fail. Be happy this has ended in an amacible manner and making threats? Come on now behave yourself in public. or were you not taught social skills? This is a peace thread and in essence, it should be where people come in and hail there respective friends and be done with it. Instead of that all I see from both sides and from others is NO U!!!! I will beat you up, your lucky we didn't enter, then a No U I have friends response then a No U! look at TPF then a NO U!, blah, blah, blah. Good way to show your social skills. Done with this thread, I can't read the complete E peen is larger than your arguement. circular completly circular.

Have fun argueing.

Rgds,

Hiro

QUOTE (Charles the Great @ Jan 3 2010, 06:34 PM)

no I believe he is saying, just like all big wars, the early entrants, especially small alliances, win or lose will be pulverized fast.

Its math really every wave of treaties that kick in bring in bigger dogs and the earlier waves get overrun with more wars than they can handle.

When one side runs out of a progressivly larger wave the other side will win.

So our side is smaller? Sounds like someone has been planning worst case scenarios much like Nem/CoJ/BC was doing at the beginning of this. Perhaps we should preemptively strike someone.

can you actually read?

:blink:

If you took that from what I wrote............

Is that a threat?

edit: needed editing

Edited by Charles the Great

Please dont turn this into a No U! I think you typed, then you come out with this a few posts later? ohh the lolz.

Really, all I can see is people argueing about peace lol classic. Fail attempts at trolling and flaming are fail. Be happy this has ended in an amacible manner and making threats? Come on now behave yourself in public. or were you not taught social skills? This is a peace thread and in essence, it should be where people come in and hail there respective friends and be done with it. Instead of that all I see from both sides and from others is NO U!!!! I will beat you up, your lucky we didn't enter, then a No U I have friends response then a No U! look at TPF then a NO U!, blah, blah, blah. Good way to show your social skills. Done with this thread, I can't read the complete E peen is larger than your arguement. circular completly circular.

Have fun argueing.

Rgds,

Hiro

I'm sorry, I can barely understand what you are saying. It appears you missed the :lol1: that I placed in the post that you quoted.

Ah, my apologies for attributing the sentence incorrectly. As for the sentence itself, I guess by the same logic half the people in the peace talks had no business making serious points and arguments for and against.

I'm not a fan of personal attacks, and if I've somehow made one I apologise. Also if anyone from Silence has made one I again apologise, but trying to make out like it's an alliance policy is just another cheap shot.

Scorcher, you don't seem like a bad guy. Let's just leave this declaration what it is, not a bunch of trolling to get stuff started up again.

I'm just going to agree with Hiro, and I know I've taken part in the back and forth banter, so don't say "But Asriel you did it too" because I'm saying I did and am going to say I need to shut up as well.

Can we all just shut up and get on with our lives?

Please?

Everyone involved wanted to end this war for a reason, so let's END IT ALREADY. White peace was declared but this forum is still looking like a battlefield. Theoroshia, Veneke, 57th, I forgive you, I love you all, and I want to have a beer with you. Deal?

To my allies: Thanks for the support, now let's go have a beer as well.

To 57ths allies: I'm sure you would've come in to help 57th, and I'm sure you would've done a good job helping them, but it doesn't matter anymore as the war is over, so let's kiss, huggle, what-have-you and have a beer as well.

To everyone else on Planet Bob: Move along, there's nothing to see here except beer and manly love.

Just saying.

Scorcher, you don't seem like a bad guy. Let's just leave this declaration what it is, not a bunch of trolling to get stuff started up again.

Aye, sounds like a plan. I'd tell Col to put a sock in it, but I can't order hit to shut up, only advise him to let the argument die.

edit: Pretty much seconding what Asriel said as well

Edited by Scorcher 1

I think I understand wherein your mistake lies.

We were coming to war.

Dilpomacy won out.

Peace was reached before update blitz commenced.

Thank You for your time,

CtG

:ehm:

edit:for clarity

see the end of your post shows that you didn't actually listen to me but I think I actually see where you're getting lost. So let me lay out a scenario for you. You have friends that are in a stupid war. You think the war is stupid. You have a treaty with them because they're your friends. Do you help them even if you think the war is stupid?

I hope your answer is yes

if it is then do you then cancel that treaty after the war because you shouldn't have to fight when your friends do something stupid? no, because that's the point of the treaty. To save your friends when they're getting pounded whether for a stupid reason or not. They're your friends.

Again, I'm not doubting that you guys would have come to war. And I think it would have been honorable for you to have done so, since you do have that obligation in your treaty.

I was commenting on hizzy saying "the tail doesn't wag the dog." The way I saw that- and correct me if I'm wrong- was that he felt that the small alliance drama shouldn't begin moving larger forces. My question was, if you think that, why sign a treaty obligating you to fight over that?

EDIT: Bah, spelling.

Edited by Thistledown

Aye, sounds like a plan. I'd tell Col to put a sock in it, but I can't order hit to shut up, only advise him to let the argument die.

edit: Pretty much seconding what Asriel said as well

I also will bow out and say

o/ peace

:laugh:

You two were great posters, sorry if I offended either one of you.

As were most of you that I didn't care to quote.

I'm just going to agree with Hiro, and I know I've taken part in the back and forth banter, so don't say "But Asriel you did it too" because I'm saying I did and am going to say I need to shut up as well.

Can we all just shut up and get on with our lives?

Please?

Everyone involved wanted to end this war for a reason, so let's END IT ALREADY. White peace was declared but this forum is still looking like a battlefield. Theoroshia, Veneke, 57th, I forgive you, I love you all, and I want to have a beer with you. Deal?

To my allies: Thanks for the support, now let's go have a beer as well.

To 57ths allies: I'm sure you would've come in to help 57th, and I'm sure you would've done a good job helping them, but it doesn't matter anymore as the war is over, so let's kiss, huggle, what-have-you and have a beer as well.

To everyone else on Planet Bob: Move along, there's nothing to see here except beer and manly love.

Just saying.

The arguments shall continue at the pub!

I'm out as well, personal business to attend to. It involves some TP, some adult materials and a bed.(take it how you will)

Night, was good arguing there for a bit. I admit to becoming progressively idiotic as the thread went on, but who didn't.

I'm not saying his information is 100% reliable, no. I'm just saying that what he said, on top of my queries (and ninten's for that matter, yes, he got a bunch as well, and he did not "poach" anyone), gave a good enough picture to many to provide a reason behind what the guy who got quoted by the other guy who I was responding to, said. Am I saying it's hard-core evidence that you all do? No. Nor have I. I just said it does give me a gorrammed fine reason to believe it.

Also, everyone from the 57th who approached me about it knew he was my personal friend (OOC: Real life friend). That is no excuse. I think one person did not initially, and, even when I made that abundantly clear to him he still gave me hatemail for it.

Everyone else who didn't know, yeah, they have a right to be upset, but those aren't the guys who approached me about it.

I didn't mean to infer ye poached him. I know he's your friend mate. There were people, in the beginning, who didn't know that, which is why they reacted accordingly. Anyone after that sending hate mail genuinely hates you, but it represents their feelings, not the collective feelings of the 57th. I've got great respect for Atoms, and still a lot of respect for you. So please to mix my feelings with those of another.

Ye know what? I'll have that beer. Make it two.

Edited by Theoroshia

Again, I'm not doubting that you guys would have come to war. And I think it would have been honorable for you to have done so, since you do have that obligation in your treaty.

I was commenting on hizzy saying "the tail doesn't wag the dog." The way I too that- and correct me if I'm wrong- was that he felt that the small alliance drama shouldn't begin moving larger forces. My question was, if you think that, why sign a treaty obligating you to fight over that?

Alliance drama.... big or small... is just that, drama.

Sometimes a military solution is justified and reasonable, and other times it's simply unnecessary.

In this case, we felt that any war was unnecessary as the issue being fought over was really just a case of bad communication. If we went to war every time someone made an honest non-malicious mistake then the GRL would be through the roof 365 days a year.

I guess it's safe to say you guys also felt the same way; that is, that this issue was easily fixed diplomatically rather than by force. Thus, war in this circumstance is not necessary.

If you had refused to end hostilities, then war becomes a necessity, and we would have gone to war.

Furthermore, the reference to the tail wagging the dog isn't about the size of the alliances involved, as you've interpreted it. It's about the size of the actual slight or offense that would have led to war.

I was commenting on hizzy saying "the tail doesn't wag the dog." The way I too that- and correct me if I'm wrong- was that he felt that the small alliance drama shouldn't begin moving larger forces. My question was, if you think that, why sign a treaty obligating you to fight over that?

ah, now I really have it. It wasn't Hizzy that actually said that, it was zzzptm. here's the full quote

We don't support any of those things. We were ready to support our allies in AZTEC, and we provided full support to them. That support was requested at the negotiation table, and it ended a needless war. We weren't going to allow this small brushfire to turn into a global conflagration.

The tip of the tail should not move the lion, Schattenmann. I think we're all glad that the proper order of things has been restored.

see NV isn't allied to the 57th, they're allied to us who are allied to the 57th. their treaty with us means that they support us. we asked for their help and they delivered perfectly. The feeling is that this war was stupid and just a case of bad timing. Nobody really wanted to see this escalate. Had it been better timing I don't think you'd find the whole tip of the tail thing being said. I don't think any of NVs treaties bother them. If they did NV would cancel it.

That peace was achieved rather then this war caused by misunderstanding was not enlarged and lengthened needlessly is a good thing. Hopefully now that a small amount of insight is available as to the feelings and views of the concerned parties it might be avoided in the future instead.

Packs his popcorn away

Edit to rephrase for a clearer read. Irony ;)

Edited by Hyperbad

Are you telling me you have never misspoken under pressure and that you are always cool headed enough to remove yourself from any position in which you may make a mistake due to said pressure? You cannot act as though everyone will act perfectly everytime something occurs. Mistakes happen. Are you 100% certain that NSO plans to war CSN because Corinan said so?

Where have I admitted that he is a liar? He misspoke, it happens all the time, actually you must be mistaken, as I never said Kodiak was a liar, you yourself are lieing, I shall now not believe a word that you say. See. I can play the same game.

Your reasoning fails, as has Schatt's throughout this encounter, give up. It's over.

There is a difference between misspeaking and saying something that is completely different than what one means to say.* I make mistakes all the time, but I do not make monumentally huge mistakes such as saying I wish to kill someone when I really wish them peace. I also have a biased positive view of the NSO, so anything I think is "certain" about NSO I don't trust.

Your childish "no u" is very troubling. Finally, you are right, it is over - and we won.

//OOC: *a misspeak is Obama saying "57 states" when he's tired after a long campaign

a lie is knowingly saying an untruth. I don't know or care what Kodiak said, in fact I have no idea if I even quoted him right. I'm just playing the party line card, silly man.

Edited by Sargun

@ Asriel - I'd love to... sadly the law in my nation is 21 years of age, what sort of country doesn't let its leader drink? I'll have to go change some laws.

@ Scorch - Aye

OOC: I can't actually drink either. :P However, whoever did that one cool nation-age thing if we were going by real-life years I would be over 150 years old at this point. xD

I didn't mean to infer ye poached him. I know he's your friend mate. There were people, in the beginning, who didn't know that, which is why they reacted accordingly. Anyone after that sending hate mail genuinely hates you, but it represents their feelings, not the collective feelings of the 57th. I've got great respect for Atoms, and still a lot of respect for you. So please to mix my feelings with those of another.

Ye know what? I'll have that beer. Make it two.

Aye, sorry if it looked like I thought you were insinuating that I did, I know that's not what you meant. And agreed on the representation of 57th as well... Lots of miscommunication this time around eh?

Let's make that 4 pints and a barrel of rum.