End of Hostilities

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rough estimates put over 50mil NS in favor of the coalition against CC. They totaled nearly 50k nukes if you're wondering how "even" it really was.

My opinion? Everyone whined too much, LM delayed the war too long, and everyone got tired of this too quick. When ya mix all that together over 2 weeks of waiting, people heading back to the real world soon (remember, vacation can be deadly in CN) you get some people sick of this and wanting to just end it now.

I'm sure we'll all be seeing eachother again before long.

I think your first paragraph is more critical.

Our side knew victory would be nearly impossible. The other side knew victory would be extremely costly. When they offered peace, our side obviously accepted.

The question is, is the war as inevitable as it seems, and if so, which side gains from this?

The rough estimates put over 50mil NS in favor of the coalition against CC. They totaled nearly 50k nukes if you're wondering how "even" it really was.

My opinion? Everyone whined too much, LM delayed the war too long, and everyone got tired of this too quick. When ya mix all that together over 2 weeks of waiting, people heading back to the real world soon (remember, vacation can be deadly in CN) you get some people sick of this and wanting to just end it now.

I'm sure we'll all be seeing eachother again before long.

People will only put up with a delay of a day or two before they lose interest. Most great wars don't last that long, a week or two, so when you have a week of build up and tensions but no action after the war started, people get fed up.

I for one, hate just about everyone right now for wasting the entire planet's time.

The best thing about this war, was when STA ran, because NSO signed a MDoAP with someone they don't like. Way to go STA. Way to go

The rumour mill, at least the one that I have access to, was saying that STA and NSO hadn't exactly been getting along that well for quite some time, and either that treaty was just the last straw, or the two just happened to be coincidence and it would have happened regardless.

[edit:] the split would have happened regardless, that is.

Edited by astronaut jones

The best thing about this war, was when STA ran, because NSO signed a MDoAP with someone they don't like. Way to go STA. Way to go

If you knew anything about STA, you would know STA runs from nothing. NSO and STA grew apart simple as that.

EDIT: Also congrats, you are 1 of 2 people to accuse STA of being cowards, the other is shaneprice and he is in GGA. What an honor to have.

Edited by AirMe

If you knew anything about STA, you would know STA runs from nothing. NSO and STA grew apart simple as that.

EDIT: Also congrats, you are 1 of 2 people to accuse STA of being cowards, the other is shaneprice and he is in GGA. What an honor to have.

Yeah, that was pretty funny to see him say that, shaneprice that is :)

Why is that a bad thing??? If you political interests are not coinciding why continue the charade?? Besides, as AJ points out, it was really an inevitability.

IF only more alliances would stick to their beliefs like the STA did then we wouldn't have this pathetic mess of a treaty web and actually have some real political maneuvering going on around here.

Why is that a bad thing??? If you political interests are not coinciding why continue the charade?? Besides, as AJ points out, it was really an inevitability.

IF only more alliances would stick to their beliefs like the STA did then we wouldn't have this pathetic mess of a treaty web and actually have some real political maneuvering going on around here.

If, AJ, Airme, and you are correct. Then maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now I'm not calling STA cowards per say, I just find it funny. And I'm happy to see Frostbite dissolve. I respect every alliance who was in it. In their own way, but I just don't like Frostbite.

Warm Wishes,

BEazy

Overall result of this thing was a bunch of treaty cancellations and people forming themselves into a bipolar world.

I expect the next few weeks will be fairly interesting as people juggle their treaties around.

*EDIT* ANd for all the people complaining about the lack of a war, well, you have a nation. Do something.

Edited by Learz

Overall result of this thing was a bunch of treaty cancellations and people forming themselves into a bipolar world.

I expect the next few weeks will be fairly interesting as people juggle their treaties around.

*EDIT* ANd for all the people complaining about the lack of a war, well, you have a nation. Do something.

Saying to do something because you have a nation never works. It shows a complete lack of intelligence as to how the world works, because one nation against another will quickly turn into one nation against fifty, or one hundred, or six hundred, depending on the alliance the person that gets attacked is in.

How about you do something productive? How about you attempt to limit the amount of treaties your alliance has so the next war isn't aborted the way this one was? How about you try to ensure that there are clear, distinct sides, instead of calling out everyone with a random "bring it" as if you didn't know the consequences of that action already.

Edited by astronaut jones

People will only put up with a delay of a day or two before they lose interest. Most great wars don't last that long, a week or two, so when you have a week of build up and tensions but no action after the war started, people get fed up.

I for one, hate just about everyone right now for wasting the entire planet's time.

Although what you said has merit, if you had listened to those on Athens side, then not a single one of her allies required to wait for the escalation to come from TPF's side as, according to Athens it was TPF that were the aggressors. Why was it that Athens allies were just as slow to defend her? In fact most of them were slower if we go by Athens side of the story?

I don't hate everyone - I just hate Toga for making me go into hippy mode :(

It's official. This war had the stamina of an 80 year old man with erectile dysfunction.

Nah I think of it more as a "Cat Fight", maximum posturing for minimal fighting. I guess in the end we were dealing with a lot of "MEOWS".

Although what you said has merit, if you had listened to those on Athens side, then not a single one of her allies required to wait for the escalation to come from TPF's side as, according to Athens it was TPF that were the aggressors. Why was it that Athens allies were just as slow to defend her? In fact most of them were slower if we go by Athens side of the story?

I don't hate everyone - I just hate Toga for making me go into hippy mode :(

Athens is not an ally of my alliance, you should direct that line of questioning towards CnG.