Lack of declarations against RoK

Arrnea

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone didn't want Polaris in on the conflict. And truly, I have to say, they would have made a very good war. They didn't let us have the first attacks by going into hippy, and they truly did look at treaties to try and get the least amount of people on our side as possible. Good job I must say to them.

Umm yes I do call them cowards. They're cowards because they don't want to fight an alliance because of her allies (remember though this is an alliance they're bound by treaties to attack) and the peace mode strategy, normally I would say something but we're using the same tactic so oh well. And yes they're cowards because they didn't declare for 6 days while TPF got stomped. It's not strategy, we all knew it was coming sooner or later, plus it gives it away posting DoW's almost 45 min. before update, taking away any strategy. I mean you need a few days to get a strategy get some targets and let everyone know. Depending on things this takes a day or two maybe 3. 1-3 days, not 6.

Some strategies are beyond the most noticeable or easy to understand. The intent of treaties, as well as the activation of them is as always regulated by the signed alliances partaking in the legal document. To go from a curb stomp to something that had a viable chance of winning, and yes there was a chance (though admittedly this would of taken a long time and I still give better odds to the other side had things escalated in full had numbers gone as I predicted them), to getting white peace for all parties involved when all parties will always disagree, is a pretty decent strategy and amazing that it happened in a CN where if two parties disagree and are currently engaged, the ability to agree to disagree and walk away has never happened before that I can recall. The fact that you did not like how things turned out is of course your perrogative. I for one am impressed by what all parties involved being able to show that modicum of respect and growth. This is in part of course due to Karma I believe and finally in the direction that I for one always intended. Cheers to peace, cheers to war (even if you don't like how it was done) and cheers to all parties involved, both directly and indirectly.

LM

Was fear of activating the Undiscovered Country Pact actually the reason nobody declared on Ragnarok? :huh:

From what I understand of the way Polar interprets it's treaties, they wouldn't have considered themselves obliged to enter even if Ragnarok had been declared on. They could of course enter via the Optional Aggression part of their treaty, but they could have done that anyway. The only thing not declaring on Ragnarok accomplished was cutting your target list in half (although since you didn't really blitz I guess it makes no difference).

Was fear of activating the Undiscovered Country Pact actually the reason nobody declared on Ragnarok? :huh:

From what I understand of the way Polar interprets it's treaties, they wouldn't have considered themselves obliged to enter even if Ragnarok had been declared on. They could of course enter via the Optional Aggression part of their treaty, but they could have done that anyway. The only thing not declaring on Ragnarok accomplished was cutting your target list in half (although since you didn't really blitz I guess it makes no difference).

I had various reasons for not declaring on RoK at the initial strike.

Care to elaborate?

[OOC]If the fact that this is IC bothers you there are plenty of OOC threads on the subject.[/OOC]

Before I go rogue and DoW all of CN I'll open a Q&A so all can pick my brain to your hearts desire. Until then battle strategies and the explanations behind them are left in my head unless I feel as though they are outdated and thereby non-usable.

Some strategies are beyond the most noticeable or easy to understand. The intent of treaties, as well as the activation of them is as always regulated by the signed alliances partaking in the legal document. To go from a curb stomp to something that had a viable chance of winning, and yes there was a chance (though admittedly this would of taken a long time and I still give better odds to the other side had things escalated in full had numbers gone as I predicted them), to getting white peace for all parties involved when all parties will always disagree, is a pretty decent strategy and amazing that it happened in a CN where if two parties disagree and are currently engaged, the ability to agree to disagree and walk away has never happened before that I can recall. The fact that you did not like how things turned out is of course your perrogative. I for one am impressed by what all parties involved being able to show that modicum of respect and growth. This is in part of course due to Karma I believe and finally in the direction that I for one always intended. Cheers to peace, cheers to war (even if you don't like how it was done) and cheers to all parties involved, both directly and indirectly.

LM

The 6 day wait was the only thing that made the peace possible. Not because those aligned against TPF were scared of the coalition against them, but simply because it allowed Athens and RoK to get near enough their pound of flesh that white peace was good enough to avoid a long, destructive war. If CoC had countered withing 24-48 hours, it would have escalated partially within minutes of the declaration, and certainly fully within 24 hours.

The peace mode strategy, could have improved things, as CoC did enjoy better numbers comparatively in that area. Two issues with it. It was telegraphed a solid 2 days in front of declarations. Leaving too much time for it to be countered by peace mode. The second issue is that while the numbers in upper ranks were more even, the vast majority of CoC's upper tier were from TOP. Meaning, the majority of the other alliances were light compared to the opposition. So, either TOP would need to declare across all fronts to even out the mismatches, or be content to decimate only a few fronts, leaving the others to have their upper ranks toppled.

The 6 day wait was the only thing that made the peace possible. Not because those aligned against TPF were scared of the coalition against them, but simply because it allowed Athens and RoK to get near enough their pound of flesh that white peace was good enough to avoid a long, destructive war. If CoC had countered withing 24-48 hours, it would have escalated partially within minutes of the declaration, and certainly fully within 24 hours.

The peace mode strategy, could have improved things, as CoC did enjoy better numbers comparatively in that area. Two issues with it. It was telegraphed a solid 2 days in front of declarations. Leaving too much time for it to be countered by peace mode. The second issue is that while the numbers in upper ranks were more even, the vast majority of CoC's upper tier were from TOP. Meaning, the majority of the other alliances were light compared to the opposition. So, either TOP would need to declare across all fronts to even out the mismatches, or be content to decimate only a few fronts, leaving the others to have their upper ranks toppled.

Indeed. A good analysis across the board.