First Contact

Bacharth

Keith and Eli sat together in the Executive office. "Well, the military was a bad idea..." Keith said, looking over an empty pile of volunteers, "Nobody wants to join because they don't see a reason to."

"We need to ally ourselves with someone going through a hard time, that will give people a reason to fight not only for their country, but for the defense of a foreign power," Eli replied.

"Alright, so who do we have? There's some trouble in the Pacific."

"Hah, I can't speak any of those languages. I barely speak English, almost embarrassed myself with Scotland."

"Alright, well, what about Grøenlandia? They've got some trouble with Florida. Can you speak Icelandic?"

"You kidding? I'm almost completely fluent in those Nordic languages. I loved those classes in college."

"Alright, well, let's invite him down here to Dalynova."

-----------------

Letter to the Grøenlandian government (in somewhat broken Icelandic with various faroese words mixed in):

To whom it may concern,

Greetings, my name is Eli Archer of the newly reformed Republic of Vestfjara, and I am requesting an audience with someone able to sign a treaty over here in Dalynova. We would very much like to meet with you to discuss an alliance, since we are a new nation and need some allies, and I know your language the best, and we saw you were having some diplomatic troubles.

Sincerely,

Eli Archer

President of the Republic of Vestfjara

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs spent a few hours decoding the message before being able to fully understand it. However, they knew the importance of it and passed it to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and it ended up in the President's office.

Forseti Ty quickly read the letter. His heart jumped a little. So other countries would rally around his nation's plight. Perhaps all was not lost after all.

Honorable Eli Archer,

We thank you for your offer of assistance. "Diplomatic struggles" is a bit of an understatement, we are almost at the point of war with the great American hegemony. We would be more than honored to sign a treaty with your nation. This could be the start of a tide of international support, and we will do all we can to ensure the survival of our nation, even against these overwhelming odds. I cannot come personally for obvious reasons, however my Minister of Foreign Affairs has been dispatched to Dalynova immediately. He is authorized to sign any MDP treaty you propose.

I look to the future in the hopes of the start of a fruitiful relationship,

Respectfully,

Ty Eyvindsson

Forseti of FRG

MoFA Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson was immediately dispatched to Dalynova and arrived on time. He was taken to the building where business was going to take place.

Minister Vilhjálmsson would be taken to a mountain complex just outside of Dalynova that served as a diplomatic retreat for the old government, and a perfect place for this meeting. After an hour drive up a scenic mountain that overlooked a breathtaking view of Dalynova and a lake just outside of it, the car would reach a large castle-like structure with a contemporary style.

He would then be taken to a very large room with windows from wall to wall, Keith and Eli sat at the head of the table, both in their twenties and slouching, conversing about things unrelated to the subject.

Eli stood to greet the minister, walking over to him. "Greetings Minister Vilhjálmsson, we've been expecting you. I hope the car ride wasn't too unpleasant, we'll get a helicopter service running soon. I don't know if you know about revolutions and redoing a government, but it's been a tough month for us, since I'm pretty new at this whole leading thing. Anyway, let's get down to business." Eli offered him a chair next to Keith and him.

"This is Keith Apostle, my Prime Minister and partner in crime."

• 2 weeks later...
Eli stood to greet the minister, walking over to him. "Greetings Minister Vilhjálmsson, we've been expecting you. I hope the car ride wasn't too unpleasant, we'll get a helicopter service running soon. I don't know if you know about revolutions and redoing a government, but it's been a tough month for us, since I'm pretty new at this whole leading thing. Anyway, let's get down to business." Eli offered him a chair next to Keith and him.

"This is Keith Apostle, my Prime Minister and partner in crime."

Vilhjálmsson shook the men's hands firmly. "Revolutions eh? I must say that brings up unpleasant memories of communists for me after our Osean incident. And yeah, I sure bet it was a busy month, I've been keeping myself updated with the whole Madrid business.

Anyways, good news in the Western hemisphere. The Tahoe incident is just about resolved and we just annexed the state. Of course, tensions are still high and we would live to engage in relations with righteous nations like yourself.

My nation would be willing to sign an ODOAP with your nation. It's new policy that we can't sign anything higher than an ODP outside of the Americas. However I can assure you if your nation is fighting a truly honorable war, we will be at your side."

Eli looked at Vilhjálmsson with a confused look. Keith turned over to Eli and whispered something in his ear. "Oh, that's good then," he said, relieved. "We would be glad to sign such a treaty with you."

Keith nodded and added, "I can understand your aversion to signing with European countries, I wouldn't want a treaty web extending out of my continent either, makes it too easy for the world to get blown up." Keith went over to a computer and printed off a basic ODOAP treaty and gave the pen to Eli to sign. Eli signed, and handed the pen and paper over to the one with the long name.

Eh, I never enjoyed writing those things. If someone has a blank ODOAP or even an MADP that they can give me and I can modify I'll post it, otherwise, this is the official treaty:

1: We recognize each other.

2: We won't attack each other

3: If one of us is attacked, we can attack the attacker

4: If one of us declares war, we can choose whether or not to join that war.

5. 24 hours notice to cancel the treaty

"Very well, short and sweet is fine."

**Public**

FRG - Vestfjara ODOAP

1: We recognize each other.

2: We won't attack each other

3: If one of us is attacked, we can attack the attacker

4: If one of us declares war, we can choose whether or not to join that war.

5. 24 hours notice to cancel the treaty

Signed for FRG

Forseti Ty Eyvindsson

Forsætisráðherra Ísólfur Ármannsson

Utanríkisráðherra Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson

Official Approval from Senatus

Signed for Vestfjara

President Eli Archer

Prime Minister Keith Apostle