The Christmas Truce

Vilien

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this not true? How does Christmas come about in Digiterra if not from the character known as Jesus Christ in a world I have only heard stories of called "earth"

The name Jesus Christ was not mentioned until you brought it up. That name has no influence in my decision to sign on with this Truce. Also, if you recall, there was once a treaty by the name Christmas Accords - Christmas is not a new word on Bob. Also, the book you heard rumors of never mentions the word Christmas.

This is not about any one person, rest assured. If anything, it is about fighting the status quo. Precedent allows for needless wars to start around this time because people have extra time and with that comes boredom.

While I cannot speak for the OP, you should know that there is no unspoken, secret society here promoting this Jesus Christ character, that might I point out again, you initially brought up.

edit: Posting in this topic to answer a question directed at me AND because everyone seems to have forgotten all about it. See NSO and DF threads. Or preferably don't.

Edited by Farnsworth

The name Jesus Christ was not mentioned until you brought it up. That name has no influence in my decision to sign on with this Truce. Also, if you recall, there was once a treaty by the name Christmas Accords - Christmas is not a new word on Bob. Also, the book you heard rumors of never mentions the word Christmas.

This is not about any one person, rest assured. If anything, it is about fighting the status quo. Precedent allows for needless wars to start around this time because people have extra time and with that comes boredom.

While I cannot speak for the OP, you should know that there is no unspoken, secret society here promoting this Jesus Christ character, that might I point out again, you initially brought up.

edit: Posting in this topic to answer a question directed at me AND because everyone seems to have forgotten all about it. See NSO and DF threads. Or preferably don't.

How is CHRISTmas not related to Jesus Christ? There is a large alliance based off this man and my nation itself has a large portion which worship this man. It is not a name I created. Also, the purpose of this accord is to promote peace. I would say that from the stories I have heard Jesus promoted non-violence himself and inlooking throughout history we have wars that take place on the celebration of his birth.

Thus, this is to break the trend. The signatories are therefore, knowingly or not, are endorsing the ideas of Christ on the celebration of his birthday. I am questioning their ideals according to Christ year round.

God discriminates against gay people, he is not so peace loving. I vote we re-name it 'Atheistmas'.

A very good point. The name of the truce suggests that non-Christians may not participate in the truce. I hereby rescind my signature until the name of the truce is changed to The Holiday Truce or an equivalent.

How is CHRISTmas not related to Jesus Christ? There is a large alliance based off this man and my nation itself has a large portion which worship this man. It is not a name I created. Also, the purpose of this accord is to promote peace. I would say that from the stories I have heard Jesus promoted non-violence himself and inlooking throughout history we have wars that take place on the celebration of his birth.

Thus, this is to break the trend. The signatories are therefore, knowingly or not, are endorsing the ideas of Christ on the celebration of his birthday. I am questioning their ideals according to Christ year round.

You're wrong. This has nothing to do with JC and everything to do with simply not fighting for two days. If you don't see this then our conversation need go no further.

The Holiday Truce, Winter Holiday Truce or Slightly-Belated Pagan Solstice Truce would be great (the last option merely to spite* iamwalrus).

*Note to iamwalrus: Do you like how I am unequivocally okay with being spiteful and simultaneously a signatory to this Truce? I do. Take your religious soapbox elsewhere, please.

Edited by Farnsworth