CNRP World Map 2 Redux

Sargun II

Question:

For the total number of vehicles, can you have more than what you would normally have for tanks?

For example, lets say I could have a max of 5000 tanks ingame. Meaning I could have a max of 5000 tanks in RP. But I want some other vehicles too, like IFVs or APCs. Could I have the 5000 tanks, plus x number of IFVs and y number of APCs? Or would I have to have 5000 total vehicles, meaning less tanks if I wanted more IFVs/APCs?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, this has never been officially ruled on as far as I know. In my personal opinion, 1 tank = 1 non-tank vehicle as well. If I can have 5000 tanks (including things mounted on tanks), I should also have 5000 non-tank military vehicles, like APCs. Then again, the APCs wouldn't particularly do much to change the course of battle as I don't have them in-game, which makes it harder to choose a decision.

I'd just throw in a reasonable number of non-tank military vehicles, and if you need to ask if it's reasonable or not, it probably isn't.

As far as I know, 1 IG tank = 1 IC vehicle, and your military vehicle force cannot be bigger than your IG tank amount (discluding things like trucks for fuel/ammo/troop movement, but including things like armed trucks/APC's). I don't thing an actual military force is going to have two thousand plus tanks, and moving that many tanks over land/air/ocean would be costly because of their combined weight.

Hmm, two different answers. >_>

I was also wondering the same thing about artillery and helicopters.

And for one last thing, I assume just because we only have one bomber in game that doesn't mean we can only have one bomber/squad of bombers RP? For example, even though I still would have 105 planes/squads total, it wouldn't matter how many are fighters or how many are bombers? In a war, having only one bomber would pretty much make your air force useless on the offensive. :3

Sorry if I'm over complicating RP, if that's even possible.

Edited by maicke

And for one last thing, I assume just because we only have one bomber in game that doesn't mean we can only have one bomber/squad of bombers RP? For example, even though I still would have 105 planes/squads total, it wouldn't matter how many are fighters or how many are bombers? In a war, having only one bomber would pretty much make your air force useless on the offensive. :3

Modern fighters are multirole and can do bombaring missions, too, just not on the scale dedicated bombers can.

Also, the fighter/bomber ratio is based on the honor system, because nobody can see what you actually have. Same with ships.

Artillery: I've always operated under "Max IG tanks *5"

Helicopters: Be reasonable

Bombers: No idea.

Artillery: I've always operated under "Max IG tanks *5"

Helicopters: Be reasonable

Bombers: No idea.

I used to put artillery and support vehicles in with the tanks when it came to calculating caps, but i later found out that wasn't necessary. Since my transports have gun mounts i'm still lobbing them in under artillery / support, and the combined total must not exceed max IG tank count. Given the x10 multiplier on soldiers i doubt i'll run out of crew anyway.

Helicopters and bombers both fall under aircraft for me. If the aircraft is primarily a fighter it'll count as a fighter, if it's a bomber it'll count as a bomber. In the case of multiroles it's entirely up to you what to use them for, but ammo for ground targets isn't going to do much good in a dogfight so in the end you're still assigning fighter and bomber roles to them. Just be reasonable with them :)

@iKrolm: The upper red island is owned by Dai Etania Teikoku, and the lower red islands are owned by USET.

Needed Updates:

- Vauleo-Buryatian Protectorate returned to Dai Etania Teikoku, Kamchatka marked as Vauleo-Buryatian Protectorate

- PDHR Protectorate in Antartica changed to DET Protectorate, Dai Etania Teikoku Protectorate in Antarctica changed to Dai Etania Teikoku

Edited by Elrich von Richt

Daqing still needs to be recolored from blue to pink, and Sargun has Taipei so that should be DET-green now i believe. Other than that, good update is good.

Edited by Amyante