Implications of the Obvious

Stonewall Jaxon

Francoism.

Moralism.

Immoralism.

Obviousism??

United in their inflexible adherence to simplistic dogmas that cannot conceive or account for the wide variance of possibility and opportunity. -isms are nothing more than transparent mirages for alliances to justify the pursuance of their own self-interested agendas.

Ah, Moralism, the food of the foolish. Be weary of such folly, Mr. Janova, for those who see can manipulate the blind at will. You witnessed how the well-sighted individuals, popularly known as Vox Populi, twisted the masses of strength, seemingly unavailable to them, into following their lead by feeding them the folly of Moralism.

Don't use our example to justify this nonsense. The key here is Vox Populi actually struggled, tangibly, against a real enemy, rather than one manufactured to keep the masses blinded and obedient. Our only manipulation was in illuminating a dark and empty world with the truth and knowledge they needed to overcome the tyranny of a fake peace.

Now, whether it is more powerful to lead a 12-man alliance, or to be relevant in a world superpower, that is for the competitor to decide.

Ideally most would take the latter, however would you agree that the list of men capable of shaping the world would fit upon that scale of 12; albeit not in one alliance. Thus, in reality 12 men are far more effective at shaping CN then a Superpower would be and by extension are more valuable then a super-power. Furthermore, what would one define as a Super-Power...I personally do not believe there are any at this point.

Adoption of Obviousism will lead to not going home with the girl.You remember the scene in A Beautiful Mind ,if the guys all competed for the most beautiful girl all would go home alone.They compromised and left the beautiful girl alone and they all got laid.Is this NSO fixation with competition causing its male membership distress in their "love life".

Ah, Moralism, the food of the foolish. Be weary of such folly, Mr. Janova, for those who see can manipulate the blind at will. You witnessed how the well-sighted individuals, popularly known as Vox Populi, twisted the masses of strength, seemingly unavailable to them, into following their lead by feeding them the folly of Moralism.

Alas! What terrible folly! Tricked into overthrowing an oppressive regime and establishing a truly interesting world. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Adoption of Obviousism will lead to not going home with the girl.You remember the scene in A Beautiful Mind ,if the guys all competed for the most beautiful girl all would go home alone.They compromised and left the beautiful girl alone and they all got laid.Is this NSO fixation with competition causing its male membership distress in their "love life".

What?

You think moralism is the sole preserve of Vox and that they fed it to the world? You must be newer than your joining date implies ;). Moralists have been around for much longer than that, though that particular term is rather recent. The idea that Vox manipulated Karma into being attacked is rather ridiculous.

Of course, you're right that individuals in every alliance do not actively strive for ultimate victory, but, for the purposes of this world, they are not expected to constantly struggle, but they are also somewhat irrelevant. They attempt to grow their nations, and as such compete in a sense, and if they were more dedicated to their careers, they'd likely compete just as much as any other citizen.

Well, that's precisely my point, indeed – that the relevant people require those who do not compete. I'm glad you agree :)

Now, whether it is more powerful to lead a 12-man alliance, or to be relevant in a world superpower, that is for the competitor to decide.

Indeed. Or the various shades of grey in between, like your own alliance or mine. But to be irrelevant in a large alliance – well, that doesn't make you powerful at all.

Gonna need some clarification, then.

The scene in A Beautiful Mind has four guys are in the bar and 5 women walk through the door.1 very beautiful blond and four others beautiful but with less of it.Competition for the blond would have made the four others mad because each male would have competed for her attention leaving the other four unattended and alone.The winner for the blond's attention wins the prize,the other three since no female will now settle for being second choice go home alone.By collaboration they agree to leave the blond along and unattended and concentrate on the other four.This got all four laid.Only the blond went home alone.No one got the pinnacle prize, yet each competitor received valve for the compromise.Is the NSO going to win every situation every time or somewhere along the way to participate allowances are made and if done sometime would not collaboration and getting something every time lead to more cumulative strength.

The scene in A Beautiful Mind has four guys are in the bar and 5 women walk through the door.1 very beautiful blond and four others beautiful but with less of it.Competition for the blond would have made the four others mad because each male would have competed for her attention leaving the other four unattended and alone.The winner for the blond's attention wins the prize,the other three since no female will now settle for being second choice go home alone.By collaboration they agree to leave the blond along and unattended and concentrate on the other four.This got all four laid.Only the blond went home alone.No one got the pinnacle prize, yet each competitor received valve for the compromise.Is the NSO going to win every situation every time or somewhere along the way to participate allowances are made and if done sometime would not collaboration and getting something every time lead to more cumulative strength.

I understood that.

But how does that apply to the NSO? Are you saying that government positions are the hot blonde?

I understood that.

But how does that apply to the NSO? Are you saying that government positions are the hot blonde?

Not knowing how your internal coups are handled, but I give it a go.You have a prestigious position opening in your government and one necessary to function without the jazz. 5 member fill competent enough to apply.The top candidate based on internal criteria wins.Yet, this individual could have turned around the weakest link in your chain of necessary functioning departments of the alliance.A collaborative agreement among those top candidate with a shared responsibility insured a chain of government without a weaken link.

Edited by Yggdrazil

Not knowing how your internal coups are handled, but I give it a go.you have a prestigious position opening in your government and one necessary to function without the jazz. 5 member fill competent enough to apply.The top candidate based on internal criteria wins.Yet, this individual could have turned around the weakest link in your chain of necessary functioning departments of the alliance.A collaborative agreement among those top candidate with a shared responsibility insured a chain of government without a weaken link.

If you dont know how it works, then why are you speculating?

You think moralism is the sole preserve of Vox and that they fed it to the world? You must be newer than your joining date implies ;). Moralists have been around for much longer than that, though that particular term is rather recent. The idea that Vox manipulated Karma into being attacked is rather ridiculous.

Vox launched a year-long massive Moralist campaign to turn the masses against its Pacifican overlords that is undeniable, whether you believe in "Moralism" or not. Officially, I regard moralism as self-sabotage to foolishly allow your opponents in this world to take advantage of you as they struggle for success.

Well, that's precisely my point, indeed – that the relevant people require those who do not compete. I'm glad you agree :)

*Sigh*

The completely inactive members are not players in the greater sense of the world. They are collectible numbers that are but mere reflections of the abilities of an alliance to accumulate them. They are not competitors, and the rules of competitors do not apply to them. I mentioned this glancingly in my disquisition, but I really didn't delve into the matter, so I understand your confusion. But you're right, "meatshields" are actually special cases, as they are something other than competitors, though they are still citizens.

Indeed. Or the various shades of grey in between, like your own alliance or mine. But to be irrelevant in a large alliance – well, that doesn't make you powerful at all.

As long as you're a competitor, you're not irrelevant.

That was actually a pretty horrible example because it didn't actually demonstrate a Nash equilibrium and was not, therefore, a realistic depiction of a likely scenario if everyone is trying to play the best strategy for themselves.