1 happiness =/= $2.00, right?

Senekis

Alright...I am only doubtful toward this because the text of improvements don't specify. For example, the bank improvement says "$100,000.00 - Increases population income +7%." Nothing in there does it say it affects the population happiness modifier. Therefore I am inclined to believe that it just affects income in itself and has nothing to do with population happiness.

Delete an improvement or two and see what your population happiness/ $ goes down by.

For instance:

Maxed out on improvements/military (including GC's and LC's), my population happiness is 90.55 with an AGI of $281.72.

When I delete one LC, my population goes up to 91.52 (not quite sure why it goes up .97 instead of 1...), and my AGI rises to $284.14.

That right there is an increase of $2.42, meaning 1 happiness for me is worth $2.42. (I actually could have sworn I had worked it out to be a lot more than that a year ago, but whatever.)

Alright...I am only doubtful toward this because the text of improvements don't specify. For example, the bank improvement says "$100,000.00 - Increases population income +7%." Nothing in there does it say it affects the population happiness modifier. Therefore I am inclined to believe that it just affects income in itself and has nothing to do with population happiness.

I believe it is a nations wonders/improvements that deal in happiness that affect it. I'm too tired at the moment to remember exactly what it was.

Edited by Masterof9puppets

Maybe the global radiation and environment decrease the bonuses a bit.

Which takes me to the question: Why the hell is GRL nearly 3.00 in peacetime? Stop nuking every rogue you see.

Edited by Sande

Delete an improvement or two and see what your population happiness/ $ goes down by.

For instance:

Maxed out on improvements/military (including GC's and LC's), my population happiness is 90.55 with an AGI of $281.72.

When I delete one LC, my population goes up to 91.52 (not quite sure why it goes up .97 instead of 1...), and my AGI rises to $284.14.

That right there is an increase of $2.42, meaning 1 happiness for me is worth $2.42. (I actually could have sworn I had worked it out to be a lot more than that a year ago, but whatever.)

I believe it is a nations wonders/improvements that deal in happiness that affect it. I'm too tired at the moment to remember exactly what it was.

It does work out to be a lot higher. You have to remember that with 5 GCs you're reducing income by 175% which is why you're coming up with the numbers you came up with.

Income is income, doesn't matter how it is obtained. It can be straight cash or from population happiness; it's ALL added together and THEN modified by all the economic improvements/wonders you have to give you your average gross income for your citizens. The economic improvements consist of Banks (7% increase for each or a total of a 35% increase for all 5), Schools (5% increase for each or a total of a 25% increase for all 5), Universities (8% increase for each or a total of a 16% increase for both), Foreign Ministry (5% increase) and the Harbor (1% increase). Remember like improvements have their modifiers added together before being used to multiply against your base income. The sole economic wonder is the SDC which increases the University benefit from 8% to 10%. So the math looks like this:

One Happiness Point = $2.00*(1.35)*(1.25)*(1.16)*(1.05)*(1.01) = $4.1518

With the SDC

One Happiness Point = $2.00*(1.35)*(1.25)*(1.20)*(1.05)*(1.01) = $4.2950

So a happiness point for a nation with all the economic improvements is going to be worth $4.15 and $4.30 if they have the SDC before any adjustments for environment level.

Yes but the thing is, in the Cybernations page, it says that it gives 7% increase to population income, not population happiness. Same thing with Foreign Ministry and Harbor.

Another example is this:

# Stadium - $110,000.00 - Increases population happiness + 3.

It doesn't say that it gives more income per population happiness, it just says it adds to your total happiness.

So my issue is that I don't understand how people are coming up with these calculations? Did admin extrapolate on this before and I missed it?

But doesn't the +7% to population income refer to overall income? Not population income boosters.

You seem fixated by the term population income. All the term population income refers to is the average gross income of your citizens. As I said before, income is income. Doesn't matter how it is derived. All sources of income are added together to create the base average gross income. This base is multiplied by any applicable modifiers depending on what improvements/wonders/events you have to achieve the total you see listed on your nation display. Believe me, income from happiness is modified by the economic improvements/wonders.

What Count Rupert says is correct.

There is one thing to add, though:

Happiness itself is modified DOWN by environment. So when buying, let's say, a stadium, you should not expect your avg. income per citizen to rise by happiness bonus * 2 * income modifiers (unless your environment is 1, which is impossible with GRL > 0).