Neo Molakia

Comrade

Brisbane, Australia

Queendom of Australia, Formerly Hanseatic League

A man sits down at a table and orders a drink. His beard is grey, but a hood covers his eyes. He downs his drink and orders another. He waits for his friend to arrive, hoping that she will give his people a chance of redemption.

Edited by Comrade

OOC: Sydney? Brisbane or somewhere...Sil isn't in the Queendom.

IC:

Brisbane, Australia

It was a small pub and late at night the tables and chairs were empty, except for a man who sat off in the far corner of the tavern with a pile of drinks around him. The tavern keeper had kept the tavern open for precisely the reason that this man and more importantly, someone who he respected a great deal had asked him to allow the meeting to take place. When the wooden door opened, a light bell rung, announcing her entrance as the tavern keeper looked up at the figure who had just entered. She work a long black trench coat that ran down past her knees, with thin black heels on her feet, her face was pale, her lips a sullen pink, and her face worn. The woman easily wore the features of a leader who had been, for the greater part of the past decade, carrying the world on her shoulders.

Stopping at the bar first, she asked the keeper for a bottle of whiskey before walking over, bottle in hand to the table where the hooded figure sat. Sitting down across him, she didn't speak until the alcohol had been thrown back, then smiled at the hooded figure. "So...Nikolai. You came to ask me to save you, to save your people. Speak."

george-clooney.jpg

"No chit chat? I would expect the Valkyrie of Peace to have more words for an old friend." Nikolai says, taking another shot.

"Molakia needs a savior. If I enter the lands of Finland or Slavorussia, I risk arrest or worse. Molakia worships you. They need you to save them. Bring them Justice."

Nikolai lights a cigar.

"Besides, someone needs to reconnect with their past, to gurantee their future." he says with a smile.

Sarah smiled for a moment and undid the trench coat, hanging it up on a nearby rack, a blouse and black jeans underneath. "Well by your letter that you sent me, I doubt you wanted to chat Nikolai. After all, you are supposed to be dead are you not?" The Duchess chuckled. "I guess I'm like a magnet, attracting dead leaders all the time." She reached out and took his hand. "Listen, I am happy you're doing well, more so that you're even alive, but there are greater things to talk about right now. We can chit chat when your people aren't annexed by foreign powers. Also the fact that you've held a gun to my head before...still hasn't officially waned from me."

She cleared her throat and leaned back. "What Anna did, was, horrible. To me, to Hannah, to all the Hanseatics. She did, after all, invade our homeland for no reason but a simple land grab. However, a people..." She sighed. "Should never be at fault for the faults of their leaders, no matter how sometimes we forget that. Its something that I have tried, sometimes not enough, to remind myself of." Looking back up at Nikolai, she nodded her head. "So they need someone to bring them hope and peace again? Yes, I can try to do that, I can try to bring them justice, but something that Anna did is not easily forgotten by the Slavorussians or Finns, so you must understand their feelings as well. If I do go through with this, I am doing it for the people, not for Anna."

"As to their past." She smiled back. "I understand completely. But what are you asking of me besides going to comfort your people with words?"

Nikolai Chuckles at the gun comment. His face turns stern.

"Anna was never truely happy with me. She tried to, but she couldnt deal with our past. I wish for her to be free, but I can live with her just being alive."

Nikolai puts a pistol on the table.

"As for you....I want you to become what you were destined to be: The Valkyrie of Peace and the Woman who will lead Europe to salvation. Save my people, and I promise you that Molakia will be your tool to shape the world in the image we, the enlightened, want and need. These actions I ask may require...some unfortunate accidents to occur to people. Maybe not. All I ask for my top soldiers and officials back. We need to plan how to free Molakia, and if we cannot, where to rebuild."

Sarah closed her eyes. "Destiny. I've heard that word before. But to be honest, I want nothing more to do with Europe, it is a continent ruled by despots and...but..." She looked down at the pistol and placed her hand on it took a deep breath and then withdrew her hands. "There is a consequence to this world, there is a consequence to what countries and leaders do and when people do follow those leaders. They die for our sins and they are hurt for our shortcomings, its why we become the animals that we are. But I will not do something anymore drastic than persuade the Finns and Slavorussians to release them. If one thing, and I mean one thing happens to any Slavorussian or Finnish leaders while I attempt to use diplomacy, consider any such help gone and you will not be welcomed in the Duchy of Brisbane. You talk about my destiny as the Valkyrie of Peace, if that's so, no one, no one will have an unfortunate accident." She slide the gun back to him.

"However, I will help you try to reconcile for Anna's sins."

Sarah raises the glass, rum overflowing from its brim and tings it with his own.

"Yes. To Europa, may she always be a !@#$%* and may Sarah Tintagyl and Nikolai Romanov always be the son and daughter she wants to forget but never can." Pounding back the shot, a chuckle escaped her lips. "I'll be on a plane to Moscow soon Nikolai, together, we'll get your people back." Leaning over she kisses him on the cheek, bows and turns to leave the bar, walking back into the Brisbane moonlight.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl