Game Update

Slayer99

Defcon Level Change  

703 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11-15-2007

- Coming soon (like tomorrow) based on this thread, nations will only be allowed to change DEFCON and Threat levels +-1 per day. If you are at DEFCON or Threat level 5 and need to move to DEFCON or Threat level 1 it will take 5 days to make that move. I'm giving everyone a 24 hour warning here to adjust their DEFCON and Threat levels as needed before the change is put in place.

I don't like this at all. This will tip everyone off as to a war coming...furthermore, coordinating this at an alliance level (when people don't log on everyday), isn't fair to the people that collect once or twice a week and are then expected to fight with the rest of the alliance at a lower defcon level.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. It is a bit more realistic though.

Not always. In terms of game mechanics, not everyone collects taxes or even logs into their nation everyday. To coordinate this would require everyone to log in daily to change their DEFCON level to get to one by the time of a war. Then collecting under Defcon 1 would hurt income.

This will hit the smaller nations the hardest in terms of economics. If a smaller nation does not have a lot of money saved to pay bills and has to manipulate the Defcon level for 5 days to reach Defcon 5 to collect maximum tax money, I see a great deal of bill lock in the future.

I would like it if Defcon level was hidden from the public view.

If this is also added along with the only 1 level per day change, I would support it.

Hmm. But then again it would become yet another hassle, as alliances would not be able to see the DEFCON levels of their own alliance mates. So I change my mind, I wouldn't support making DEFCON private, nor do I support the 1 a day change.

Edited by Epik High

No, no, no, no.

So let's say that I spend four days building up to DEFCON 1. First thing my enemy does is send spies in to change my DEFCON back to 5. By the time I'm back at maximum readiness, the war is almost over. This change makes spies inordinately powerful.

Also, this is a MAJOR change to game mechanics. Such a mjor change should not be, in my opinion, implemented after barely twelve hours of consideration.

This is one of the most far-reaching changes proposed yet and there is no reason that it should be implemented on such short notice.

Im going to go with....NO.

Didnt like the tech change at all.

Hate this change. If it takes 5 days to go to defcon 1 its going to take forever to get ready for war. And if you get jumped in defcon 5 your as good as screwed.

Now if admin changed it to where when you got attacked you automatically went defcon 1 i might support this............probably not though

Edited by Master-Debater

This will hit the smaller nations the hardest in terms of economics. If a smaller nation does not have a lot of money saved to pay bills and has to manipulate the Defcon level for 5 days to reach Defcon 5 to collect maximum tax money, I see a great deal of bill lock in the future.

Good point. Losing 6 happiness by being in threat 1/defcon 1 all the time is almost nothing to me but for a small nation it could cut their income in half or worse.