The Citrust Express has left the Station

cmf0203

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This announcement brings some very mixed emotions for me. I have answered a lot of questions in private about my leaving R&R and my “attitude change” toward ODN in the last few months. I guess it is time to explain some things.

To understand the emotions you have to understand the road that R&R and myself have traveled with ODN. It started after the UJW, there was a major move toward Orange Unity. We started to get to really know ODN. At that time I had a very close relationship with their leadership and in January of 2008 this treaty was signed. I spent a lot of time with the different ODN leadership groups from Pingu and Eric, to WalkerNinja and Diomede and Sunstar and the Bum. And who can forget Akasha. R&R and ODN had a few membership exchanges that brought the general membership closer together. There was a time that ODN was one of R&R's closest allies.

Through this time I was constantly standing up for ODN to R&R's other allies who would often question the relationship and sometimes would laugh at it. R&R stood by ODN as they made decisions that we all knew would not be popular on planet bob. I began to doubt ODN leadership in March when it appeared that they were trying too hard to change their image after an incident. I gave ODN the benefit of the doubt but started to pay attention.

In September of this year I was burned out. I had spent 30 months in the highest R&R government and needed a break. It was at this time that there was an incident internally in R&R that was fueled by an ODN government member. This drama helped me make up my mind that my time in R&R was over. Even with all of this I was still leaning pro ODN, I didn't hold the actions of 1 person against them. At least I didn't until we had this meeting with ODN leadership, or lack of leadership. I love !@#$%*

R&R I still love you, good job. ODN, well I still have some friends there and they know who they are and I wish them well. Maybe one of these days your government will realize that pissing on your supporters and friends is not the best way to change your image.

I suppose this didn't have something to do with a certain leaked log between Arsenal and Joracy? Perhaps the Proximus drama back in September, too?

The SuperFriends posts in this thread make me laugh. Bias much? Can't wait for Xiphosis...

o/ ODN

GASP! We're supporting our friends and allies..what HORRIBLE people are are. Guess the rumor is true.. we're the new Hegemony

This announcement brings some very mixed emotions for me. I have answered a lot of questions in private about my leaving R&R and my “attitude change” toward ODN in the last few months. I guess it is time to explain some things.

To understand the emotions you have to understand the road that R&R and myself have traveled with ODN. It started after the UJW, there was a major move toward Orange Unity. We started to get to really know ODN. At that time I had a very close relationship with their leadership and in January of 2008 this treaty was signed. I spent a lot of time with the different ODN leadership groups from Pingu and Eric, to WalkerNinja and Diomede and Sunstar and the Bum. And who can forget Akasha. R&R and ODN had a few membership exchanges that brought the general membership closer together. There was a time that ODN was one of R&R's closest allies.

Through this time I was constantly standing up for ODN to R&R's other allies who would often question the relationship and sometimes would laugh at it. R&R stood by ODN as they made decisions that we all knew would not be popular on planet bob. I began to doubt ODN leadership in March when it appeared that they were trying too hard to change their image after an incident. I gave ODN the benefit of the doubt but started to pay attention.

In September of this year I was burned out. I had spent 30 months in the highest R&R government and needed a break. It was at this time that there was an incident internally in R&R that was fueled by an ODN government member. This drama helped me make up my mind that my time in R&R was over. Even with all of this I was still leaning pro ODN, I didn't hold the actions of 1 person against them. At least I didn't until we had this meeting with ODN leadership, or lack of leadership. I love !@#$%*

R&R I still love you, good job. ODN, well I still have some friends there and they know who they are and I wish them well. Maybe one of these days your government will realize that pissing on your supporters and friends is not the best way to change your image.

That means a lot coming from our former founding member and wise leader. Thanks Dad :P

btw.. how are things in iFOK? I sure hope nobody has out-aged you yet, lol.

:R&R:

It was at this time that there was an incident internally in R&R that was fueled by an ODN government member

i still like and respect you gfl, but don't you mean there was an incident where the charter was broken and some ego's couldn't handle the slap on the wrist they received so they left?

i still like and respect you gfl, but don't you mean there was an incident where the charter was broken and some ego's couldn't handle the slap on the wrist they received so they left?

If you respect him, and your alliance, you wouldn't bring up internal RnR drama on the OWF. I am sure your leaders have taught you better than that.

GFL, awesome as always :wub:

Well, gee.

Guess you won't have to wait. And yeah, we're biased as all hell. That comes with the territory when liking someone.

Obligatory : Please R&R, don't betray the SuperFriends! :(

Dammit, ninja'd! Seems Xiph is just that fast.

Quite frankly, R&R's actions in this instance are nothing short of petty, and SuperFriends are defending them for political reasons.

Oh, and Gofastleft, my hamster treats its allies better than you do.

Quite frankly, R&R's actions in this instance are nothing short of petty, and SuperFriends are defending them for political reasons.

LOL your pretty cute. What bridge did you crawl out from under?

Actions speak louder than words. Meaning, if R&R cancels a treaty its for a very good reason no matter how unfortunate it may be to our allies our public perception.

This wasn't decided lightly, but was necessary.

Best of luck to ODN and hopefully our paths will cross once again in the future.

0/ R&R

0/ LEO (1)

0/ Superfriends

We have all seen South Park, no need for the hamster jokes.

As for Petty.. in what way?

Just curious because I have been a member of R&R for over 3 years now.. I can't remember a single instance where selfishness has been a factor in canceling a treaty.

You know only 1 part of our reasons and you can say that?

Well luckely NSO has such a good rep then :)

Why does no one like ODN anymore?

This makes me a sad panda.

No one? MK loves us some ODN. And I know we're not the only ones. ^_^

This treaty cancellation makes me a bit of a sad panda myself, especially since it seems in part to be based on misunderstandings from what I understand. Nonetheless I imagine that it was a difficult decision, and one that R&R didn't take lightly. Not that either really need it, but good luck to our friends in R&R and to our allies in ODN.

Ok, now knowing what I know. I understand the politics behind this for R&R, but it is dangerously close to VincentXander territory. Conversations like the one that was leaked happen daily between leaders of various alliances. I hope there were more reasons to the cancellation than what I have seen. God forbid an alliance talk about hypothetical futures.

Edited by AirMe

Please do enlighten us as to why defending our allies in RnR is because of political reasons?

RnR :wub: