The Citrust Express has left the Station

cmf0203

If the 'reasons' aired in this thread are accurate, then R&R are being rather petty. I hope there is more to it than that. The leaked log of the discussion with Proximus in particular show R&R members coming to Proximus with a preconceived impression of his motivation and effectively railroading him without allowing him to explain his actions.

Certainly, if the relationship is gone, you can't complain about losing the treaty, but it seems the relationship was broken on R&R's side more than ODN's.

This was the impression that I got too.

In the past I have known both alliances to be quite outstanding so I wish them both luck in moving past this.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me waves at Laelie

You know the real reason was that they stole you from us right? And then we send over Yoshi as a trade.. but they never send you back :(;)

I knew it. I guess they just felt I'm worth more than just one Yoshi :P

And although I fully support this I have no doubts that one day ODN and R&R will find each other again!

Sooner, rather than later, I hope. My feelings towards you guys have not changed, and I know that sentiment extends past myself. :wub:

If the 'reasons' aired in this thread are accurate, then R&R are being rather petty. I hope there is more to it than that. The leaked log of the discussion with Proximus in particular show R&R members coming to Proximus with a preconceived impression of his motivation and effectively railroading him without allowing him to explain his actions.

Certainly, if the relationship is gone, you can't complain about losing the treaty, but it seems the relationship was broken on R&R's side more than ODN's.

Well, the various logs show ODN not understanding R&R, ODN considering FOK way weaker than them in a LEO2 that also includes R&R, and ODN planning to move into another power bloc than R&R is in or directly tied to.

Especially the latter makes a very good reason, I would say, having felt the effects of being tied to multiple sides in war, but the first two aren't so great either.

Anyhow, good luck to both. May Orange prosper anyway.

Sad to see two close, orange allies, who have had such a close relationship in the past, drift apart.

I sincerely hope perceived transgressions can be forgiven and both alliances can reconcile in the future.

Regardless your both awesome as far as I'm concerned.

o7

You would know, wouldn't you? :v:

iceburn.gif

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong with a frank conversation about ODN's foreign affairs strategy. It's not like most alliances of substance don't plan how to increase their political influence. I'm sure you're guilty of the same thing.

Yeah. Whatever, page 7 was enough. I'm actually excited to see some serious concentration out of ODN, and the plans discussed in the Arsenal-Joracy or Prox-GFL logs aren't even remotely bad. But, if R&R got all butthurt or whatever, sure, cancel, best now than on the eve of war.

Well then don't worry cause it's not. They have played a part offcourse but the entire reason is known to ODN and our allies. You are seeing parts of a big picture and say it doesn't look good. But even by the parts that are posted here it should be clear that ODN and R&R are walking in different directions at the moment.

It's just time that we separated and perhaps in the future we will find our way back. Which is still highly likely seeing as the bond on paper is disbanded a lot easier then the close ties our memberships have. The love is still there but thats not always enough to warrant a treaty.

Hmm, Laelie is worth...

/me steals Laelie.

Never mind. :v:

<3 Dippy :)

And Ego, you're absolutely right. The love is still there. I'm pleased I'm not the only one who feels that way, on both sides... And yeah, I'm pretty much on both sides when it comes to ODN/R&R love :wub:

Also, Prox smells :P

Honestly, I have talks about what our strategic position is in the world, but I don't have talks or even personal expectations that I would "dominate" an alliance in any way shape or form. Each ally is only an ally because the alliance I am in wants to be allied to them and them to us and I expect nothing except they will conduct themselves in the same consistent manner in which I allied with them for. If I ever caught an ally talk about me like this, I'd move to cut all ties on that alone. R&R waited until they were being asked and pressured to sever OUT and the IRON treaty before canceling. They had more patience than I would have had and I can't believe anyone would give R&R crap about canceling or even suggest that allies should ever be treated as pawns rather than partners in any relationship. I'm truly disgusted.

Along those lines, IF ODN joins CnG maintaining this kind of FA, as they intend to, I'll be seriously disappointed in at least 2 of my allies.

Edited by Kroknia