The Citrust Express has left the Station

cmf0203

The thing I find most amazing about this thread is that R&R didn't post any of their reasons for canceling the treaty, other people then came in posting logs, and R&R is now being blamed for those logs not being strong enough to justify a treaty cancellation despite specifically stating that they had other reasons.

It's really quite hilarious when you get right down to it.

Stop that, this is the most controversial topic in R&R's history (now you have our real reason ;) ) so don't kill it after only 15 pages of replies :P

Edit: 16 pages now

Edited by EgoFreaky

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I find most amazing about this thread is that R&R didn't post any of their reasons for canceling the treaty, other people then came in posting logs, and R&R is now being blamed for those logs not being strong enough to justify a treaty cancellation despite specifically stating that they had other reasons.

It's really quite hilarious when you get right down to it.

As one of the log-posters, I quite agree. All I said was that I thought the logs by themselves were strong enough to justify a treaty cancellation, and I noted that R&R had said there were other reasons as well.

I heard a lot of things about this. A lot of weird reasons.

How many were covered here?

Joracy and Prox going on about how things would turn out if this and that happened. Happens all the time.

The one where someone asked someone for advice and R&R lost members over it and they blamed ODN for it. I don't know the details here so I can't speculate.

The asking of R&R to leave OUT. As an ally it seems a logical step. I didn't know R&R was so attached to it and if they were did they try to have ODN stay? Hmmm.

I also heard Echelon played some role. I guess Echelon and R&R are good friends if they have that much sway over R&R.

Weird stuff like that. Who knows the real truth though?

Joracy and Prox going on about how things would turn out if this and that happened. Happens all the time.

The one where someone asked someone for advice and R&R lost members over it and they blamed ODN for it. I don't know the details here so I can't speculate.

The asking of R&R to leave OUT. As an ally it seems a logical step. I didn't know R&R was so attached to it and if they were did they try to have ODN stay? Hmmm.

I also heard Echelon played some role. I guess Echelon and R&R are good friends if they have that much sway over R&R.

MY GOD YOU'VE FOUND US OUT!!!!!!!

Also GFL, your still my favorite oldest person in the game!

Lol so close and yet so far away :)

And with close I mean you seem to understand there where more then one reason :)

As for the rest of your post, sorry we still don't have a winner anyone else wanna take a guess ;)

Edited by EgoFreaky

This thread is still going?

What ever the actual reason and/or motivation for this cancellation, ODN and RnR deserve a round of applause. In the universally despised morass that is the treaty web, the most troublesome, most often violated, and most stagnating treaties are those that extend between political blocs. With ODN aiming to be a de facto member of CnG, and R&R already being a member of two other blocs (LEO1, SF), this cancellation serves to free people up to move, and will hopefully contribute to a more invigorating game.

This statement practically destroys the competition in regards to being to the point and filled with common sense. You nailed it, R&R and ODN are not on the same path. ODN is not close with LEO, ODN is not close with SF, ODN is not even close with some of our closest individual allies such as FOK. A MDP makes no sense when we have so many other treaty obligations. And honestly.. from all the positive responses I am seeing from IRON in this topic, I can see that R&R is venturing into new territory.

Stop that, this is the most controversial topic in R&R's history (now you have our real reason ;) ) so don't kill it after only 15 pages of replies :P

Edit: 16 pages now

For being new to R&R you sure understand our history :P This is the most attention we have gotten EVER.. and that was not the purpose of the cancellation. Although I'm sure the throbbing brains on these forums would love to dream as much.

For being new to R&R you sure understand our history :P This is the most attention we have gotten EVER.. and that was not the purpose of the cancellation. Although I'm sure the throbbing brains on these forums would love to dream as much.

I'm not new, i'm a re-roll, really, ask demon :P

Lol so close and yet so far away :)

And with close I mean you seem to understand there where more then one reason :)

As for the rest of your post, sorry we still don't have a winner anyone else wanna take a guess ;)

Sure pumpkin whatever you say.

After digging around about the Echelon thing I hear tell that Echelon told R&R that ODN told GGA to cancel on Echelon. Hell that's so far fetched i would laugh tons if any of that were true.

If you think thats not enough, I thought Ego was triumvir for a while :wacko:

After digging around about the Echelon thing I hear tell that Echelon told R&R that ODN told GGA to cancel on Echelon. Hell that's so far fetched i would laugh tons if any of that were true.

I'd be really surprised if Echelon was involved in any way. :blink:

Edited by Mixoux

Who wouldn't want to use speculation or lies to isolate our allies from us?

As a matter of fact, I was told that ODN tried to influence GGA into cancelling with Echelon. I was never sure if this was in fact truth or not. But with the way things had been going up untill the cancellation, I never discounted it.

With that said, that issue there, didn't factor into our decision.

As a matter of fact, I was told that ODN tried to influence GGA into cancelling with Echelon. I was never sure if this was in fact truth or not. But with the way things had been going up untill the cancellation, I never discounted it.

With that said, that issue there, didn't factor into our decision.

not? Aaaw shucks, so i suppose that MDAP with echelon is of the table too? :P