Joint Announcement from NEW and ZDP

gantanX

BK....a bribe?

That sounds so sinister and underhanded.

1. NEW, at my behest, immediately sent peace.

2. You asked for reps.

3. NEW refused.

3. I, personally offered to pay you reps in lieu of NEW. (A donation, as all of my slots are in constant use)

4. You declined.

5. War/Negotiations Continued.

Not such an unusual occurrence, although I have never seen it referred to as a bribe before.

Perhaps a bribe wasn't the word I was looking for, but the offer you made me seemed more like a personal offer to me to accept peace and allow NEW to save face, and less of a formal peace offer between NEW and ZDP. Up to this point, I hadn't heard anything from TPF in regards to what was going on, and your involvement in peace negotiations up to this point was unknown to me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a bribe wasn't the word I was looking for, but the offer you made me seemed more like a personal offer to me to accept peace and allow NEW to save face, and less of a formal peace offer between NEW and ZDP. Up to this point, I hadn't heard anything from TPF in regards to what was going on, and your involvement in peace negotiations up to this point was unknown to me.

You say this here, but in other topics, TPF is front and center including in the last negotiations. You do realize we can read more than one topic here??

for your reference:

Small misunderstanding there.

Believland (BEazy) was there for most of the peace talks of that day, except the very last ones.

The last ones included Brother Kane (ZDP), Mhawk (TPF), Crymson (TOP), gantaX (NEW) and myself. They were very quick, to just about everyone's surprise. Hence why BE might have gotten the impression that there were no new discussions.

I would probably have included Chimaera but I think he was away or absent at that moment. We, in ZDP, asked TOP to be there; they were a force for peace and they are good friends of us.

Edit: quote

Edited by Kilkenny

You say this here, but in other topics, TPF is front and center including in the last negotiations. You do realize we can read more than one topic here??

for your reference:

Edit: quote

Can you read one topic? I clearly state that I did not see TPF until the last hour of the war, when the final negotiations took place. If you're referring to this:

Up to this point, I hadn't heard anything from TPF in regards to what was going on

it might be because JBone contacted me prior to the final negotiations. Probably why we call them the "final negotiations".

Who ever tried to use Penkala as a mediator? That would be fairly ineffective in almost every case :P

I'm actually quite a good diplomat when I want to be. I can turn this !@#$ on and off, man, on and off. ;)

I do kind of regret actually helping solve this incident, though. If I'd have egged it on into a war I would have fewer regrets...

My suggestion to those in the future, if you have a spat that needs resolve, shy away from using Penkala as a mediator. A true mediator is neutral and we've all seen how neutral Penkala is on any subject.

As I'm sure those involved can attest to, I worked hard to try and achieve peace. And it was achieved (although I'm a very very small part of why it was achieved, I'd like to think I helped a bit.) So you can take your cute little jabs and leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Edited by Penkala

I'm actually quite a good diplomat when I want to be. I can turn this !@#$ on and off, man, on and off. ;)

I do kind of regret actually helping solve this incident, though. If I'd have egged it on into a war I would have fewer regrets...

As I'm sure those involved can attest to, I worked hard to try and achieve peace. And it was achieved (although I'm a very very small part of why it was achieved, I'd like to think I helped a bit.) So you can take your cute little jabs and leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

But what if the door does hit me? Are you going to ramble on about how you have regrets you didn't allow it to hit me for days on end and posture like you would have done anything about it? :lol1:

She make you give Kane white peace too, then?

Nope, that was our decision. Brother Kane was more than cordial in our dealings (with the exception of the roguery) and he and I have always gotten along and we go WAY back. So we agreed to white peace in his situation as well. But you know that, but you think you're being cute now, no?

Nope, that was our decision. Brother Kane was more than cordial in our dealings (with the exception of the roguery) and he and I have always gotten along and we go WAY back. So we agreed to white peace in his situation as well. But you know that, but you think you're being cute now, no?

/me shrugs

I'm not the one that's been following myself around making little comments for a few pages.

Anyways, I think it had more to do with how much damage he could have done to your alliance. If you'll notice, immediately after the war, Kane built up to larger than he had been pre-war, and VA *still* hasn't recovered.

Back to the topic at hand, though, please!

Edited by Penkala

Strange, considering the only TPF I saw involved in the negotiations showed up in the last hour of the war. JBone did approach me earlier with an offer, but it was basically a bribe to end the war and would go against the entire reason this happened. I only saw TPF representation in peace negotiations after this topic was made and it was clear that the war was not going in a direction that TPF liked.

So let me try and figure this out. Chimaera first got his information from me, somebody directly involved with the situation from the start, and somebody present during every negotiation that had taken place. After that, he was directly involved with all negotiations. You got your information from... mhawk? Someone who made a topic on the OWF strong arming IAA into backing down from a war that had no chance of starting?

ANd now you see what happens when someone try to Strong arm us. We laugh in your face and watch as it backfires :lol1: .

Edit: for clarification, not you, someone. Fail grammar is fail.

Edited by James Wilson

/me shrugs

I'm not the one that's been following myself around making little comments for a few pages.

Anyways, I think it had more to do with how much damage he could have done to your alliance. If you'll notice, immediately after the war, Kane built up to larger than he had been pre-war, and VA *still* hasn't recovered.

Back to the topic at hand, though, please!

I like the...I'm gonna say my piece off topic, then tell you to get back on topic so you can't respond to my off-topic response. Very classy.

But yes, let's get back on topic, mkay?

;)

Pathetic, NEW. Your unwarranted aggression results in reparations being paid TO you. Hopefully you'll try to pull this !@#$ with a bigger alliance next time.

How DARE you say that about NEW. They are the most honorable and mature community on all of Planet Bob... :rolleyes:

Yeah and got whipped by DF in the last GW. They're good with me!

Fixed for you, because you have a problem assessing reality.

PS. I just remembered how LiquidMercury was saying that fools and propagandists will perceive some white peace agreements as non-victories for the Karma side....

Haha - didn't think it would happen so soon!

Edited by Starcraftmazter

Fixed for you, because you have a problem assessing reality.

PS. I just remembered how LiquidMercury was saying that fools and propagandists will perceive some white peace agreements as non-victories for the Karma side....

Haha - didn't think it would happen so soon!

Give it up. Nobody is even hinting it was a nonwin. But lets be honest, NEW was buried in enemies even without DF riding in on the late bandwagon and NEW still had to come on the OWF everyday to remind your people to buy troops.