Joint Announcement from NEW and ZDP

gantanX

Hopefully now the raiding practices of NEW will be brought to light, as they've been getting away with things the likes of PC, Athens, FoB have been chastised and vilified for.

Cut the !@#$, NEW.

Yes, abolish techraiding, forever!

Techraiding is an evil practice. So many deaths, all for what? :(

From now on, GOONS will be raiding for land as our main goal. The tech will be considered a nice bonus for our efforts. :blush:

Edited by nippy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you arent sounding too peaceful right now. Cut the !@#$, astronaut jones.

He has a point, though, while exlamation points serve a purpose, they need to go. I dont think @#$ are used all that much, but they sure are annoying. Down with !, @, # and $!

Edited by Numbero

Yes, abolish techraiding, forever!

Techraiding is an evil practice. So many deaths, all for what? :(

From now on, GOONS will be raiding for land as our main goal. The tech will be considered a nice bonus for our efforts. :blush:

Did I say tech raiding? I said raiding.

Your attempts at being clever and sarcastic have failed.

Glad to see this end well.

I'm glad you are more reasonable than Mhawk. Warring an alliance for no reason other than theft is still a bad thing, and hopefully this will encourage you to revise your raiding guidelines, but it's good to see this particular instance ended.

How, exactly, was mhawk not reasonable?

He directed TPF FA (read:me) to get together with NEW, ZDP and TOP and see if a diplomatic solution could be worked out. After talking with Crymson for a bit, then talking with our MADP allies in NEW, the three raiders offered peace. (It was literally a three minute conversation with yoyo, these are really great people and not devious, posturing, pot stirrers)

Then in a conversation with BK, where he was informed that peace was sent, I was told it would not be accepted without reparations of some kind. Negotiations continue.

Several other individuals and alliances become involved, rumors swirl, and mhawk uses the most rapid and effective mode of communication available to clarify our stance on the matter, just in case anyone was confused.

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

....and to all the others in mhawks thread who were shouting about how TPF should of had a conversation with IAA before he posted, we did. Hi Brandon.

Did I say tech raiding? I said raiding.

Your attempts at being clever and sarcastic have failed.

I never try to be clever, and I'm never sarcastic, so if that's what you were implying, try again.

Your bipolar attempts to convince the world of BoB of your pacifist morals and character have failed. John lennon didn't want anything to do with nations such as you and fluffy green trees don't like your nation either, they run to zombie land where they are not picked for their fruit nor farmed for toothpicks.

I suggest not filtering your nations water for western medication residue because it is clear how much they need it.

Now for some more fitting images.

Dr_JekyllMr_Hyde.jpg

Dr.Jekyll-HydeBox5A.jpg

please enjoy the desert.

desert1_opt.jpg

You can find crystal plastic shoes there for cheap.

/ooc black and white doesn't work and enjoy humor its the only thing that does work.

Glad to see this end well.

He directed TPF FA (read:me) to get together with NEW, ZDP and TOP and see if a diplomatic solution could be worked out. After talking with Crymson for a bit, then talking with our MADP allies in NEW, the three raiders offered peace. (It was literally a three minute conversation with yoyo, these are really great people and not devious, posturing, pot stirrers)

Then in a conversation with BK, where he was informed that peace was sent, I was told it would not be accepted without reparations of some kind. Negotiations continue.

Several other individuals and alliances become involved, rumors swirl, and mhawk uses the most rapid and effective mode of communication available to clarify our stance on the matter, just in case anyone was confused.

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

....and to all the others in mhawks thread who were shouting about how TPF should of had a conversation with IAA before he posted, we did. Hi Brandon.

You forgot the part where I needed to stay up till 1 AM listening to Crymson and mhawk debate about how to fix this whole thing and get peace. I hate being a call host.

/me grumbles.

What shocks me was how simple this was. It is such a textbook example, such a common-sense situation which was completely blown out of proportion.

I never condone tech raiding and this is the essential reasoning as to why. What pisses me off is the world is against NEW for their raid, however, if ZDP possessed no treaties, people would begin the common ol' argument, "we consider an alliance of x amount of people as an alliance, thus, you're not considered an 'alliance' in our books", or better yet, no one would give a damn. This is the old stone vs spirit argument.

If you do not wish for !@#$ to hit the fan, don't tech raid alliances. 2, 3, 4 people, it doesn't matter. An alliance is an alliance, no matter the number. Saying otherwise is using your weight against something smaller to gain what you wish; which seventy-five percent of you !@#$%*ed at the hegemony and alliances like GGA in 06' for doing.

Edited by Ejayrazz

That would be by posting a thread on these boards containing half-truths, fabrications and false implications against an alliance which wasn't even involved, and by making an aggressive public statement of support which would have encouraged NEW to be less reasonable.

It sounds as though you did a decent job, which Mhawk did his level best to ruin.

Then in a conversation with BK, where he was informed that peace was sent, I was told it would not be accepted without reparations of some kind.

This shouldn't really have come as a surprise, most alliances won't accept raiding of their members without payment of reparations for the damage. NEW have actually got off extremely lightly, perhaps too lightly as the reps may well be less than the worth of what they stole and therefore there may not be sufficient deterrence to future thieves.

Excuse me for interrupting, but that's a straight lie. You may have spoken to someone tangentially involved in the situation (since no other Imperial was directly involved), but you most certainly did not speak to the one IAA member who had the facts, and was actually involved with the situation. Me.

Speaking with an Imperial who isn't aware of what's going on because he wasn't involved with the situation rather than the actual Emperor of IAA who knows precisely what the situation entails is a pretty large difference, don't you think?

Speaking with an Imperial who isn't aware of what's going on because he wasn't involved with the situation rather than the actual Emperor of IAA who knows precisely what the situation entails is a pretty large difference, don't you think?

I would think that the only way to really talk with "IAA" about it is by going to the people involved in the situation or their superiors, and considering Chimaera is the emperor of IAA...

I would like to thank IAA for their support publically. You've stood up for friends you held in Zombie Defense Plan, and behind what you thought was right, never asking for anything in return. You will see more of us soon I'm sure, stinking up your forums :)

Excuse me for interrupting, but that's a straight lie. You may have spoken to someone tangentially involved in the situation (since no other Imperial was directly involved), but you most certainly did not speak to the one IAA member who had the facts, and was actually involved with the situation. Me.

Lie?

Calm down Luke....the dark side is consuming you.

Does the person I spoke with hold a position in the government of IAA?

My statement stands, I spoke with a member of the IAAs government last evening regarding the NEW/ZDP situation, contrary to everyone who said "No one from TPF ever spoke with anyone from IAA about this before mhawk posted."

That's all I said.

What happened after that conversation is not under my control.

coming into #iaa and saying ohai doesn't count.

Nor does having zero clue as what you are talking about.

I would think that the only way to really talk with "IAA" about it is by going to the people involved in the situation or their superiors, and considering Chimaera is the emperor of IAA...

It was more of a exchange of information. I had hoped it would flow up the chain of command. The the government member I spoke with is an old friend, due to familiarity much BS was avoided and I didn't have to spend more time tracking folks down and getting them to respond to queries.

It was more of a exchange of information. I had hoped it would flow up the chain of command. The the government member I spoke with is an old friend, due to familiarity much BS was avoided and I didn't have to spend more time tracking folks down and getting them to respond to queries.

So, the obvious question here is, who exactly did you speak with? :huh:

Edited by KahlanRahl

I would like to thank IAA for their support publically. You've stood up for friends you held in Zombie Defense Plan, and behind what you thought was right, never asking for anything in return. You will see more of us soon I'm sure, stinking up your forums :)

we may not agree on some things Khyber, but i do wub you. <3