PEPTO Disussions

Il Terra Di Agea

[quote name='comrade nikonov' date='09 January 2010 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1263052166' post='2095955']
The Federal Union believes we should work on passing the protectorate clause.
Also, we submit a name change to the Federal Union of the Slavic Republics.
[/quote]
The Republic of Finland is curious as to the status of the Protectorate Clause. Does it have the votes it needs to pass?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kingdom of Crimea would like to join PEPTO.

A little about our nation, we've reformed from a very Nordic country to a very Distopyan country, feeling closer to our multi-cultural European roots than anything. We're open to many political points of view and will listen to anything, we also like long walks on the beach.

Edited by Vince Sixx

• 4 weeks later...

[b]Signed for the Kingdom of Crimea,
[img]http://distopya.sixserve.com/nationalleaderstuff/vincentbeauregardsignature.png[/img]
[/b]King Vincent I Beauregard d'Rennes, King of Crimea, Defender of Distopyanism

[img]http://distopya.sixserve.com/nationalleaderstuff/sicettisignature.png[/img]
Vincent R. Sicetti, Administrative Minister

• 4 weeks later...

"I feel it is necessary to discuss our position on the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84134]Tahoe-Distopyan war[/url]. I feel that it is paramount that we do not support any kind of foreign operation, however, I feel it would not be in the spirit of the charter to allow the Crimean Peninsula to fall to colonial hands."

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' date='12 April 2010 - 08:09 AM' timestamp='1271084955' post='2257348']
"I feel it is necessary to discuss our position on the Tahoe-Distopyan war. I feel that it is paramount that we do not support any kind of foreign operation, however, I feel it would not be in the spirit of the charter to allow the Crimean Peninsula to fall to colonial hands."
[/quote]
"I agree completely, European soil must be defended from foreign influence. We cannot allow European lands to fall into the hands of Foreign nations."

We see no danger of Crimea itself falling into the hands of nations far away.
However, we do condemn the Crimea's attack on the Tahoe Republic.
In addition, if the war started by Crimea expands into the vicinities of Europe, we will consider enacting a vote of expulsion to Crimea under the PEPTO charter's clause " If a nation commits a vile act detrimental to Europe while within our ranks".
So far, its actions have not really negatively affected Europe, and as such, we see no reason to do so at the moment.

Valencia wonders about the decision-making skills by Crimea, and agree with the Ferderal Union of the Slavic Republics that there should be a vote for expulsion of Crimea if the war extends to Europe. How they could so easily endanger us all is a mystery to us.

The German position on this issue is the following:

(Copied from the other thread)

[quote]Northern Germany, while a PEPTO member, states its decision to remain entirely neutral in this war due to historical friendship between the Nordlandic Community and Tahoe as well as the existing Friendship with not only the Crimeans but also with the rest of PEPTO itself.

"If a peaceful solution is possible, Germany would like to aid it. We have friends in both sides of this conflict and cannot side with one without betraying the other. So, we are siding by both, by offering to host peace talks anytime, be it now, or later. We will hope that this will have a swift resolution with as few civilian deaths as possible, and we will send Civilian Transports to Tahoe in order to allow any Nordlanders there to leave if they desire for the duration of the war. When and if the war progresses, humanitarian aid will be sent to whichever side that needs it - even both at once." [/quote]

• 4 weeks later...