Formation of the Progressive European Peace Treaty Organization

Il Terra Di Agea

Progressive European Peace Treaty Organization (PEPTO)

Preamble:

Europe has always held a place of glorious peace, and devastating wars. The truth of the matter is that aggressors form from the heralds of peace, and vice versa. The undersigned nations are dedicated by blood and honor, to protect each other, and Europe from the death and destruction that too often sits at our doorstep. Furthermore, we are dedicated to the prospect that the Nations of Europe should never need to raise arms against each other, but rather, be able to come together, and, in our times of need, work to halt violence, rather than continue it.

Article 1-Non Aggression:

The signatories of this pact agree to never fight among each other. To maintain peace, we must never lay arms upon each other.

Article 2-Optional Defense:

In the case that any signatory is to be attacked, Signatories may choose for themselves whether or not they wish to take up arms in defense of their Fellow members. The point of this treaty is not to perpetuate war, only to help create a better life for our collective people.

Article 3-Trade:

While we stand United, we pledge to abolish tariffs and closure of ports to our fellow signatories. We also pledge to aid each other in production of goods, and lower all prices of goods that are sold within our great nations to ensure that both the nations and their people may live and prosper.

Article 4-Voting and New Members:

All Signatories are eligible to vote on any proposition put forward, whether in times of war or peace. Any vote put forth has a limit of five days to be voted upon, at which point any measure requires 60% of the vote to pass. Any nation that wishes to join must pass a standard vote.

Article 5- Withdrawal and Expulsion:

If a nation wishes to abandon this pact, a 72hr notice and a sufficient reason are to be given. If a nation commits a vile act detrimental to Europe while within our ranks, or proves to be unsuitable to act as a member, a vote shall be placed to decide on their expulsion. Votes on expulsion can be raised at any time.

Signed:

Signed for Scotland,

King Douglas

Signed for the United Kingdom,

King Ashley Cole I

Queen Cheryl Cole I

For the Commonwealth of Norway,

King Dayus Heimdall

HeimdallSignature.png

Prime Minister Ben Herrmasson

HermanssonSignature.png

Signed for the Republic of Finland,

President Anita Pesonen

Signed For Kyivan Rus',

Interim President Aleksandr Dmitriovich Petrov

• 2 weeks later...

We wouldn't want the Progressive European Peace Treaty Organization to invite any members of the Eurasian Union would we? Looks more like all the nations who aren't in the EU were depressed and decided to form their own rival bloc. Oh well, the EU has done a good job of maintaining peace in Europe so far, doubt this bloc will change anything.

We wouldn't want the Progressive European Peace Treaty Organization to invite any members of the Eurasian Union would we? Looks more like all the nations who aren't in the EU were depressed and decided to form their own rival bloc. Oh well, the EU has done a good job of maintaining peace in Europe so far, doubt this bloc will change anything.

"Though it is true that no EU members are currently signatories of PEPTO, who ever claimed that we were trying to exclude them? We are nations with similar political ideas and goals who met to form a treaty. If either of the... what is it... two European nations in the EU wish to join, they will be allowed a fair vote, just like any other nation. We won't take time to discuss the EU at this time, but I feel that Europe needed a more Europe centered bloc than one that seemed to pull members from around the world. That is, however, my opinion, and the opinions, desires and wishes of the other signatories of this bloc are their own."

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

USSURIYSK, PACIFICA -- The Ministry for Pacifican Foreign Affairs for the Democratic Republic of the Pacific congratulates the nations on the new formation of their inter-national union. Unity is always a step in the right direction. The Democratic Republic however, questions: why another pan-European treaty is needed on top of the already existing ones? While on the other side of the world, Pacifica encourages the nations of Europe to take the steps in compromise and cooperation to establish one final union of the continent's nations.

emblemofthepacificanrep.png

"Though it is true that no EU members are currently signatories of PEPTO, who ever claimed that we were trying to exclude them? We are nations with similar political ideas and goals who met to form a treaty. If either of the... what is it... two European nations in the EU wish to join, they will be allowed a fair vote, just like any other nation. We won't take time to discuss the EU at this time, but I feel that Europe needed a more Europe centered bloc than one that seemed to pull members from around the world. That is, however, my opinion, and the opinions, desires and wishes of the other signatories of this bloc are their own."

"Three, actually. It was four before Rheinark fell into anarchy."

-HRH King James II

There aren't any existing pan-European treaties besides PEPTO. As a side note, it saddens us to know we weren't even thought highly enough by our own neighbors to be offered a place as a founding member.

Slavorussia is always welcome to apply, they have Finland's vote.

OOC: Sorry, I was caught up organizing it over MSN and it slipped my mind. ><