Alright, i'm leaving.. you can go back to sleep

Agostinho Neto

I took the decision to leave CNRP without bawing too much about what happened. I have stated before, privately, that was my intention to leave CNRP sooner or later... i first discovered this game when it opened, then i left the website for years, and then i rejoined and discovered CNRP, when the maps of Asia, Africa and America were entirely blank, when players did not hate themself but rather enjoyed the fun of roleplaying a nation. I remember my first roleplay, the board was so small nobody ever answered.

There are many people who influenced my roleplay during my time here: Botha, Generalissimo, Kaiser Martens, Tahoe, Josipito.

But along with good times, i went also trought bad times, but it was different, we had no OOC chat.. there was no community with rules, we had no rules, we just respected each other without enforcing any rule, we didn't need the moderation or the GMs to find an outcome for our roleplay, and people actually roleplayed their countries , not the parody of pseudo-countries. Since the establishment of GM's and the creation of the #cnrp channel, i had the feeling the community was becoming the private club of a few people and this is still my opinion. If you are still reading and wondering why i'm not insult other people's mother and sisters well.. i'm not that kind of person who puts hatred in "issues" related to a roleplay board, it was interesting tought to see all the efforts put by the other forum members to force me to give up.

After almost 650 days of CNRP, 5 nations and countless fabulous scenarios, i proudly leave this board leaving a huge harray of detailed roleplays and realistic nations history. I don't blame anyone for making me leave, i have decided to leave, because i don't want to waste time in a place where i am not welcome. I'm not acting like a victim, i just don't like this place anymore, this is not the same CNRP i have joined almost two years ago.

I will try to say thanks to everyone who roleplayed with me and always respected me as a roleplayer:

Kaiser Martens: The most influencing player of CNRP

Arathog: Un Italiano vero

Tahoe: Another very important influencing player

Executive Minister: One of he few who still knows how to roleplay a nation

Botha: The one i tried to emulate over and over, with uncertain results

Cody Seb: We had few chances to roleplay, but everytime it was a pleasure

Colerich Krieg: Too bad your empire didn't last too long in Spain, but i enjoyed the roleplay - it was so similar to the spanish civil war.

Josipito... the one who really influenced my detailed roleplay style. I'm not sure if he is still around here and i'm not sure if he remembers me under the name of "King Joseph III, probably only a handful of players remember this name, Josipito of the PDSAR.

There are also many people, who confuse CNRP with Real Life, i have enjoyed roleplaying with. These people include Sargun, Lynneth, Sarah Tintagyl, Subtleknifeweilder - but i'm sure you forgot about those times, i think now you are realizing i am the same person you used to laugh with.

For those who think my roleplay has been boring and empty, you don't even know what i am talking about. Roleplaying a country is not something everyone can do, it requires OOC knowledge of how a goverment works and what institutions and bodies are necessary to properly run a nation, this is not something everyone knows. I think i have always roleplayed my nations realistically, and i have no reasons to be ashamed by my time in this board. I saw many people coming and many people going away for various reasons.

I'm not sure this is my last post here, i think i might come back one day. Goodbye.

Yay, I get Italy all for myself now! :P

Don't worry guys, I know I'd have to ask Scotsman, and I don't intend on Re-rolling as the Church, as I can see that it has caused more frustration than fun.

Anyway Junio, good luck and hope to see you again.

Junio...its a shame that its come to this and I do hope you return. I've always enjoyed playing the villain in your RPs. Hopefully I won't disappoint what Italy truly thought of the Hansa. But its an honor to be listed as one that you enjoyed RPing with. Keep the disco playing you groovy-guy.

I agree wholeheartedly. CNRP used to be completely different. It was exactly as he described it. Some may argue that rules are needed - the rules we do have - but in reality, we did have rules back in the day. Instead of all the "IG" rules and the rest of what we see here, we only had simpler rules, respecting each other, having fun, and like Botha says RPing within a statistical means of one's nation - just using common sense. The only reason why we need the "New" rules we have here is because people do not respect each other anymore, because the quality of the RP is lower and because of OOC-IC mixing, but more often due to people being inconsistent.

CNRP has turned into more of a fight than a game. I have been close to making a similar choice to him. But I am too stubborn, and cannot allow myself to give up. Besides, eventually maybe things will change for the best. Part of this is my fault due to my old warmongering anyway. It eventually caused CNRP to turn into just some boring IG-statsplay because everyone started to focus on war too much, and because wars started to be about outright annexations, forcing people to change things in order to prevent them. So I'm not completely innocent.

Maybe we can change. I'd like to go back to the way CNRP was. In the end, it was more fun.

It's a shame to see you go, and I really hope you come back. Regardless of any disagreements I have ever had with you, IC or OCC, you have been a consistently great roleplayer, and I am sad to see you go.

Good luck out in the big, scary place some call reality.

Bye.

There are also many people, who confuse CNRP with Real Life, i have enjoyed roleplaying with. These people include Sargun, Lynneth, Sarah Tintagyl, Subtleknifeweilder - but i'm sure you forgot about those times, i think now you are realizing i am the same person you used to laugh with.

You sure make some interesting assumptions... :P

Trust me, I've never forgotten it was you who got me hooked on CNRP in the first place (but YOU forgot about THAT ;)), back when you were King Joseph III and in the GGA. But people do grow and change, and we have changed too much to see eye to eye on very many issues.

Especially the most recent ones.

I dunno what you refer to when you say I confuse RL with RP. :rolleyes:

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Junio, you know that I remember you. I don't think worse of you in any way - hell, the first thing I thought of when I saw Berlusconi had been hit with a flying cathedral was you! :P You were always an interesting character. We disagree on how to role play, but if that is going to ruin our friendship then I guess it wasn't really a friendship. :v:

Have fun in lolItaly :P

The actions of the community are showing that they are no more than a mob, with little to any interest in roleplaying nations, but rather acting like small children on the world stage, concerned with the size of their guns and the movements of their tanks rather than the statesmanship that accompanied the roleplay of old.

I fully support all actions Junio Borghese has taken, for he wishes to be part of the world and to work hard and develop a nation with depth and detail, a planned route for his own enjoyment, and while interaction with other nations is fine, unilateral decisions ending with the destruction of his months of hard work he chooses to ignore.

He has little option, for the tactics and roleplay used by the majority of the forum community prevent anything near a realistic war from occurring, and with this the endings become removal from the map through occupation and the total loss of his work, or the decision to ignore your unplanned wars.

The lack of respect for this stance shows the community to be utterly without a shred of reason, and your bays for Junio Borghese's removal from CNRP, something which you cannot do, show you to be heartless.

I would ask of any of the community, having put hours and hours, days and months into the unique, developed structure of your roleplayed nation, having established its character, and settled on a plan for its progression, if it was to be wiped by poorly written and heavy handed low quality posting, would you not take steps to avoid this?

Of course you could not, there are very few of you who have put the effort into your nation to have such an attachment.

Junio Borghese, you were the best national level Roleplayer on the boards, and I am sad to see you leave, and will miss your exquisite threads, with their deep nature and mature style.

Lo saluto.

I salute you.

Edited by AmpaSand

The actions of the community are showing that they are no more than a mob, with little to any interest in roleplaying nations, but rather acting like small children on the world stage, concerned with the size of their guns and the movements of their tanks rather than the statesmanship that accompanied the roleplay of old.

I fully support all actions Junio Borghese has taken, for he wishes to be part of the world and to work hard and develop a nation with depth and detail, a planned route for his own enjoyment, and while interaction with other nations is fine, unilateral decisions ending with the destruction of his months of hard work he chooses to ignore.

He has little option, for the tactics and roleplay used by the majority of the forum community prevent anything near a realistic war from occurring, and with this the endings become removal from the map through occupation and the total loss of his work, or the decision to ignore your unplanned wars.

The lack of respect for this stance shows the community to be utterly without a shred of reason, and your bays for Junio Borghese's removal from CNRP, something which you cannot do, show you to be heartless.

I would ask of any of the community, having put hours and hours, days and months into the unique, developed structure of your roleplayed nation, having established its character, and settled on a plan for its progression, if it was to be wiped by poorly written and heavy handed low quality posting, would you not take steps to avoid this?

Of course you could not, there are very few of you who have put the effort into your nation to have such an attachment.

Junio Borghese, you were the best national level Roleplayer on the boards, and I am sad to see you leave, and will miss your exquisite threads, with their deep nature and mature style.

Lo saluto.

I salute you.

While I won't disagree with your every word (he did do the internal stuff well), Junio didn't do a lot to help his cause toward the end here.

Bye Junio.

While it didn't look like it ICly, i enjoyed reading your posts. Having joined relatively late i've never witnessed what CNRP used to be, but it would be nice if that were to return one day (it sounds like that anyway).

To your credit, you were very good at what you did Junio. I enjoyed your prodding of other's sensibilities, and the complexity of your RP. That being said, I was rather disappointed to witness what happened to your nation. Given the amount of effort and work you put into your RP to just see it all trashed... and not just that, to see people OOC cheering its wipe left me fairly disgusted. While its possible there were valid reasons for your removal, I wish there had been another way, perhaps to see your work integrated, or at least a little respect and empathy on the part of the community when you were removed. With that, it was fun while it lasted, and I hope to see your return.

-iat

Edited by iamthey