Operation Van Zan OOC Thread

king of cochin

Well I am going to mount a propaganda campaign about alleged human rights violations by Dragonisia. Also my special forces units infiltrated into Dragonisia would attack my trains going to Ratnagiri. I would allege this violation of the Ratnagiri Accord as the casus belli.

In actual state of matters it is plain aggression and land grab, no moral arguments. However through propaganda a whole lot of moral arguments would be presented.

Edit: Yeah, I just want India. I have a whole lot of RPS planned for India and I am willing to risk being rolled for that opportunity.

Edited by king of cochin

ROFL

that little terrorist emoticon made me laugh out loud like proper loud.

i dont know why it just reminded me of millions of yellow faces with balaclavas donning AK47's storming indian beaches

Well... :lol1::lol1:

Please stop, I'm laughing too hard.

Anyway, this OOC thread is a good idea.

You realize if he asks for help, he's got good odds of getting it.

I know!! But I think it would be worth the risk to attempt something like this as I so want to do many RPs based on India.

So does Cochin... :war:

:D

* Lavo checks his treaties

Still got an ODP with Mael, whom I will defend. Also his last post was actually rather recent.

Yeah, his latest post was on dec 7th. The war is not about his inactivity, it is just that i would like to conquest for India. And I know that you would be involving, which is why I am already contemplating the extreme negative scenarios even before war starts!! Gotta foresee things, you know! :D

Cochin, don't invade. I like you and Mael, and I don't want to see a fight.

I know! And I like Mael too!! But I also very much want to RP in India and for this I am willing to risk my entire pixels so far.

ooc:I don't want a war. Just because you want India because you live there is a poor and ooc motivation; especially one to have your characters attempt to justify an IC war upon. I told you, you do not see me trying to war for Kentucky do you? No. I play my characters as they would be. They love the land and people they live with as the heads of states do when representing their constituents. If you are the head of state of China.. you go to war for China. You do not go to war for Pakistan or India.. at least not because you want to BE there.. to LIVE there.. to rule there. If given any other option you'd want to live and represent your own people.

That said, I protest the ground works for the reasoning for the war you wish to wage as I think they are very bad in terms of character logic, flawed in character principles. I don't want a war and I am active. I'm just quiet.

Your allowance of ooc emotions to over-ride IC motive is the purest example and incarnation of Meta-gaming. Something we all here strive to avoid. If you engage in this war, it will be my last scene in CNRP. My enemies may appreciate it, but I will be gone from this community. I will not return. I kind-of like it here and playing with the folks here upon my own schedule, but I won't stay part of a broken community that allows any war for any reason.

Also, let me make this very clear. None of your citizens in RP world of Bob are from India or any regions of India. Cochin (the region in India) is my territory and my citizens. So if your nation is a nation of migrants, it needs removed from the world map as no one migrated out of India during Dragonisia's rule which I believe is your assertion. My citizens, my destiny to determine as per the rules. So given that none of your citizens are recent Indian Ex-Patriots.. they would have no desire to live in India. Home is where they are now.

Not saying they couldn't have been pre-Dragonisian Indians, but they did not migrate out of India during a time the Dragonisian state controlled the region. With the Dragonisian population shunning ex-patriots.. any perception of Dragonisia being a motherland or fatherland would have been long destroyed. They would not want to come back here.

I have rarely been upset or angry with anyone in ooc and I am not upset or angry now; I just extremely strongly disagree with the formation of this role play on a conceptual level. While I understand your desires Cochin, I mean.. I'd love to play Kentucky; I still keep to my character and my role in the world of Bob. It doesn't sway my IC actions in the slightest. If you respect your peers, then please abide by the same standards and keep the love of the place you live out of respect for the place you play and the place you live. You also, as a person, represent your own people. I represent Kentuckians. I abide by the same restrictions and obligations as everyone else here. Do you? Does your love of your home in reality pre-empt ours to such an extent that you must breach the ooc/ic barrier in order to see that claim fulfilled while the rest of us keep ours in check?

In IC we have been brothers and allies, and of late you have been manufacturing hostilities and events to meet your ooc needs to fulfill this claim with no root or cause in our actual IC relations.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Well, since my positions have already been cleared up with MV, I am posting this to clear up any misunderstandings that may arise for a third party reading this.

The Operation Van Zan was designed ,as MV , said for OOC reasons. I am an Indian and I really would love RPing India as my territory. However this war in no way reflects any OOC attitude I have against MV. He has been, is, and will always be a good friend of mine. This war had been conceptualized as a desperate , 11th hour attempt to wrest control of India, through a war of conquest based on an overtly flimsy IC rationale. I am willing to risk the destruction of my nation and permanent marring of any reputation I may have gained in CNRP. I know I am doing a nasty thing, but I acknowledge the nastiness of the deed in full realization of the possible repercussions.

They are indeed very bad in terms of character logic, flawed in character principles. It was not an attempt to get rid of Dragonisia for ever, or to attempt to get rid of MV as a CNRP player. Matters could not be farther from the truth.

AS regards my citizens, I RP a population of expats who emigrated from India countless years before Dragonisia came into being. My MRP nation I wanted to be a treatise on this exodus, unfortunately I could not find the time, creativity or energy to complete it. So if my nation was formed of descendants of people who migrated from India several centuries ago, they need not be non canon! Also it may not be completely true that exiles never seek to return home. Case in Point: Israel.

Having made these points clear with MV, we had a long and detailed discussion by which we have come to terms that Operation Van Zan would be taking a new twist, a twist whose specifics would be decided only later on after further discussions.

I hope any misunderstandings that has arisen here was settled through this explanation? If not.... Well.. Take care!! :D

These are the times CNRP shines. When a mistake can be fixed, and worked on by both sides. Not dropped, no OOC complaining, and something unplanned grows into something that both can enjoy.

I salute both of you.

Well, I respect his love of his country. I also respect the fact I've diminished my activity here and he would like to see an active India. In offering a way to help him get what he wants without breaking the 4th wall of RP, I told him of my ideas for when I actually DID plan to fully leave the setting.. but we twisted it a bit so I don't have to. The story is to come. No more mergers for me.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

You realize if he asks for help, he's got good odds of getting it.

Hm... I am MDoAP'd to him, so yes.

So does Cochin... :war:

Try me Mudd. :ph34r:

I know!! But I think it would be worth the risk to attempt something like this as I so want to do many RPs based on India.

:D

Yeah, his latest post was on dec 7th. The war is not about his inactivity, it is just that i would like to conquest for India. And I know that you would be involving, which is why I am already contemplating the extreme negative scenarios even before war starts!! Gotta foresee things, you know! :D

Please watch who you war with, I will defend the last for Dragonisia and if they means I must destroy you then so be it. I warn you to back off before you see glowing people and three headed fish.

I urge you to please re-consider your agreement Mael, you have all the power you need to destroy his IC nation and I would rather you be here than imperialist and OOC motivated players such as King of Cochin.

Please watch who you war with, I will defend the last for Dragonisia and if they means I must destroy you then so be it. I warn you to back off before you see glowing people and three headed fish.

I urge you to please re-consider your agreement Mael, you have all the power you need to destroy his IC nation and I would rather you be here than imperialist and OOC motivated players such as King of Cochin.

Thank you a lot for your vote of support. :)

Yeah he should really be afraid of someone only one third of his strength.

Edited by Centurius