Alliance name origins

Iosif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nueva Vida; New Life. I am not sure of the origins, necessarily, only that it was founded as an Aztec-themed alliance (I believe). For many, however, the name has come to represent second chances and the ability to forgive.

Post Script: Apparently I was mentioned in the OP :blink:

Edited by OberstKrieger

GATO was originally the Cross-Atlantic Treaty Organization (CATO), a name that derives from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. However, Depraved wanted it have more of a global name, so he changed it to, well the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (GATO).

NpO are the most powerful letters of Eskimo's alphabet.

That's Inuktitut to you )): :v: Plus their alphabet is mostly based on syllables. :P

The Order Of Light, and all its government position names, are based upon the Wheel of Time series of books, of which I have yet to read a single installment :ph34r: Grahamkeatley could probably tell you more. :P

Bel Air is named after the Chevrolet Bel Air Owners Association. If you love your Chevy Bel Air, you should drop by #belair some time and talk about your piece of American history with other car lovers who can understand your passion.

Lies, everyone knows we are named after the city in which most of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air was set. Being that we all worship Will Smith and his epicness.

I joined the Viridian Entente shortly after its formation (the first time). If I remember right you can thank Rudeboy for the name. It means "A green agreement between nations". But, you'd really have to go ask on of the GIOC members that were the founding fathers, there's a few still around.

Nueva Vida; New Life. I am not sure of the origins, necessarily, only that it was founded as an Aztec-themed alliance (I believe). For many, however, the name has come to represent second chances and the ability to forgive.

Post Script: Apparently I was mentioned in the OP :blink:

Indeed, Nueva Vida translates to New Life in English. The name was chosen by myself, strategically and symbolically. I earnestly believed giving my followed a new life, a better life then what they were accustomed too in previous alliances. Thus, it carried a lot of meaning for us then and today; furthermore, it's unique and will stand out from the rest of the cookie-cutter themed alliances out there. of Our origins come from the humble alliance of The Syndicate (SyN), it was merged into another alliance after months of internal turmoil & wars. Thus, I broke off from the herd and formed Nueva Vida along with some older members and friends whom I convinced to come with me. It was initially founded to be a more theoretical culture based upon Imperial Spain & Meso-American Culture; over time though, it was simplified to the point where no real ties were made to Spain nor any other Meso-American cultures aside from The Aztec. Again, this had a strategic value too it as well; at the time no other alliance was centered on the theme. Thus I capitalized on the lack of a American themed alliance in order to generate more buzz and stand-out. Your also correct on your last statement, we have generally lived up to our names in most occasions; but we have our various detractors out there still yet to be converted to the Vidian way.

which means that when you put the letters N S and O together, they're pretty damned worthless, collectively.

But we're not playing Scrabble, are we? :)

I could pull apart several SF alliances judging by scrabble, but of course, read above.

Veritas Aequitas, Latin for Truth in Justice or Truth & Justice, was chosen from the movie The Boondock Saints. The vigilantes and heroes of the film, the McManus Brothers, each have one of the words tattooed on one of their hands. Being a huge follower of the film, I was drawn to use a reference from it for an alliance name. Although the theme doesn't maintain completely throughout our government structure, we do keep the theme alive with the positions of Il Duce and Rocco the Funnyman (government advisers).

boondock-saints-veritas-aequitas.jpg

The Order of the Paradox is the title of a thesis I once presented on how incredibly awesome I am. Although it was meant to be a physics paper and my self evident state of awesome would appear to be unrelated at first, to say I passed with flying colours would be an understatement. It was more like a gleaming blast of light.

And that is where we got our name from.