Alliance name origins

Iosif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't know what a Quantum is... then there isn't enough bandwidth available to make you understand.

I'm sure we all know what a quantum is but why this certain alliance was named so is what I'd like to know.

Multi Colored Coalition Force = From what I assume, this name was picked at random by the guy who founded this alliance; his sole intent to swindle people out of their money for the creation of an "alliance" bank. Sam et al. decided to stick around and tried to make a go of it after his intentions had become clear.

Cross-X Alliance = I believe this shares a name with a legal debating forum, from where the founding members of the alliance originated.

I'm sure we all know what a quantum is but why this certain alliance was named so is what I'd like to know.

I want to hear Hymenbreach explain both, frankly - what is a quantum, and why it was chosen as the name. please indulge us.

I want to hear Hymenbreach explain both, frankly - what is a quantum, and why it was chosen as the name. please indulge us.

I will indulge you. Something you may wish to tell your grandchildren about. ;) *royal handwave*

Quantum: noun: In physics, a quantum (plural: quanta) is the minimum unit of any physical entity involved in an interaction. An example of an entity that is quantized is the energy transfer of elementary particles of matter (called fermions) and of photons and other bosons. The word comes from the Latin "quantus", for "how much." Behind this, one finds the fundamental notion that a physical property may be "quantized", referred to as "quantization". This means that the magnitude can take on only certain discrete numerical values, rather than any value, at least within a range. There is a related term of quantum number.

A photon, for example, is a single quantum of light, and may thus be referred to as a "light quantum". The energy of an electron bound to an atom (at rest) is said to be quantized, which results in the stability of atoms, and of matter in general.

As incorporated into the theory of quantum mechanics, this is regarded by physicists as part of the fundamental framework for understanding and describing nature at the infinitesimal level, for the very practical reason that it works. It is "in the nature of things", not a more or less arbitrary human preference.

As to why? Not a clue. Come to our new forums and ask. http://cnquantum.co.cc/ (wait an hour and my sig should have the right link in it too).

I also apologise if I came across as superior. It is because I am superior. :)

Edited by Hymenbreach

I will indulge you. Something you may wish to tell your grandchildren about. ;) *royal handwave*

As to why? Not a clue. Come to our new forums and ask. http://cnquantum.co.cc/ (wait an hour and my sig should have the right link in it too).

Why didn't you just ask him to read the book, A Brief History in Time.

could you also post the wikipedia entry for a hymen breach, while you're at it?

thanks

When IBC decided to merge into DLP one of the things we wanted to do was erase the previous AA lines, so we had a meeting with our gov and their gov to try and figure out a name. As it so happens everyone in the room was atheist, so someone jokingly threw out GOD and we all loved it.

Edited by Xiphosis

If you want to know about my name, look in the name thread. I responded to a percieved snittiness in your tone. If you weren't being snitty I apologise.

you lost me on "snittiness" and "snitty", could you post a wiki entry for that too?