The Kingdom of Niciae

Prime minister Johns

A short woman with shoulder length blond hair and piercing blue eyes approached the podium, she was wearing the uniform of a fleet admiral with aviator wings on her breast above her medals.

"People of the world, I am Anastasia Johns, The Queen of the Kingdom of Niciae and I wish to announce the foundation of our kingdom here in the northern lands. We are a peaceful people and we only want to live a quiet life here, But we recognize that the world is a hostile place and we have defenses to ensure our right to peace.

As your seismographs have probably already told you we have detonated a 20 kiloton nuclear test device in an underground test.

You need need not be worried for the environment as this test was conducted under the strictest safety standards and no radiation has escaped into the environment.

So there is no point in hiding it, we have nuclear weapons. But as I have already stated we only wish to live in peace so the will not be used for anything other than defensive purposes. So there is no cause for political alarm either. We will not use them unless we are forced to.

Well let me tell you a little about my people so that you can get to know us better, We are a people of viking descent and we worship the gods of our ancestors, we also are great patrons of the arts as well as scientists.

I invite the leaders of the world to come and visit me and see our wonderful northern kingdom and establish diplomatic ties with us, I am sure that there is much we can learn from each other.

Here is a map of our kingdom that shows where we are located."

*The camera pans over to a easel with a map on it*

niciae.jpg

Edited by Prime minister Johns

Taeunas finds it highly disturbing that a nation would choose to announce its entry on the world stage with news of a nuclear weapons test. It seems as if you intended it as a subtle threat, no matter the words you use.

"The GDR seconds Taeunas' comment.

Nonetheless, welcome to the world."

We welcome you to the world; although does the world really need another norse religion-spewing nation toting about?

Taeunas finds it highly disturbing that a nation would choose to announce its entry on the world stage with news of a nuclear weapons test. It seems as if you intended it as a subtle threat, no matter the words you use.

We echo Taeunas.

I reassure you my nuclear capacity is only a deterrent so that we will be left to live in peace, we only revealed our presence because we knew a nuclear test would make it impossible to maintain a low profile any longer.

We have always been here and have never been a threat and this will not change.

We value our peaceful corner of the world and want to keep it that way.

The nukes are just there to help make this point crystal clear.

We welcome you to the world; although does the world really need another norse religion-spewing nation toting about?

"At least this one is in an appropriate geographic area. Norse in Greenland makes so much more sense than Norse in Burma."

-HRH King James II

"I am not the sovereign, and therefore cannot extend recognition officially, but I personally congratulate Niciae on its foundation. While I am alarmed personally at the thought that you reveal such weapons in the same announcement heralding your formation, I do recognize some nations need such weapons for their own security. Welcome to the chaotic sphere we call the world."

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke, Queendom of Australia

I reassure you my nuclear capacity is only a deterrent so that we will be left to live in peace, we only revealed our presence because we knew a nuclear test would make it impossible to maintain a low profile any longer.

We have always been here and have never been a threat and this will not change.

We value our peaceful corner of the world and want to keep it that way.

The nukes are just there to help make this point crystal clear.

Funny thing about deterrents. They can turn into threats so quickly.

We have never heard of you before, so your particular government has not always been there, in the form it is now.

You can make it known that you value peace WITHOUT resorting to comments about weapons of mass destruction.

In short, you have already threatened your own peace by making nations mistrustful of you with the way you introduce yourself. You really couldn't have done more to make a damming first impression if you had just come out and said "Here we are, we have nukes, so if you screw with us in anyway, we'll burn your people with hellfire."

Funny thing about deterrents. They can turn into threats so quickly.

We have never heard of you before, so your particular government has not always been there, in the form it is now.

You can make it known that you value peace WITHOUT resorting to comments about weapons of mass destruction.

In short, you have already threatened your own peace by making nations mistrustful of you with the way you introduce yourself. You really couldn't have done more to make a damming first impression if you had just come out and said "Here we are, we have nukes, so if you screw with us in anyway, we'll burn your people with hellfire."

You have my word that I will not be the first to use nukes.

They just are there to make people think twice about using them on my people if they know we can respond in kind.

I have given you my word on this matter, we are not going to be the aggressors, and let none doubt my word.

Your word means nothing. We have no idea who you are or anything about you at all except for the fact that you have nuclear weapons. Thats it. End of story, literally. You have told nothing else about yourself, except for a blurb about being descended from Vikings. If history is correct, Vikings were a war-like, raiding, raping, pillaging people. Ok... so lets add this up... carry the two.. move the decimal... yep. WMD armed descendants of war mongers. Lovely.

Your word means nothing. We have no idea who you are or anything about you at all except for the fact that you have nuclear weapons. Thats it. End of story, literally. You have told nothing else about yourself, except for a blurb about being descended from Vikings. If history is correct, Vikings were a war-like, raiding, raping, pillaging people. Ok... so lets add this up... carry the two.. move the decimal... yep. WMD armed descendants of war mongers. Lovely.

I have given you my word as the leader of my people and that is the best I can offer.

If you want to leap to conclusions about something you have just admitted that you know next to nothing about then there is nothing else I can do.

But if you want to learn about us and form an educated opinion then you are invited to visit us and we will show you what you need to put your mind at rest concerning us.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

Those conclusions are based on the original information you released, and are quite correct. Refute the facts if you can. If you want to have a better world image, then you should release more information.

"it seems to me they already have offered just such a thing..."

But if you want to learn about us and form an educated opinion then you are invited to visit us and we will show you what you need to put your mind at rest concerning us.

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke, Queendom of Australia

Those conclusions are based on the original information you released, and are quite correct. Refute the facts if you can. If you want to have a better world image, then you should release more information.

You may come and visit us as my invited guest, I will personally give you a full tour of the nation and allow you to experience our culture firsthand. You will be able to obtain all the information you want during this visit if it is information that you want.