Special Characters

Andy P

I'm wondering what specials characters are there in existing nation and ruler names. I know that most if not all are forbidden in new nation and ruler names. But for example in the second oldest nation in CN, "República Argentina", there is an "ú".

I found until now in Alliance and Nation Names:

!*.='#üöú-

I'm trying to write a regex for nation/ruler/alliance names for an (admin-approved) script which analyzes the html-source of CN pages a user pastes into it.

I realize there were more characters allowed in the past. I'd just like to know which still exist in old nation's names.

Offtopic: Btw Franz Ferdinand, always wanted to ask you since I saw your avatar: From what Manga did you take that? xD

I realize there were more characters allowed in the past. I'd just like to know which still exist in old nation's names.

Offtopic: Btw Franz Ferdinand, always wanted to ask you since I saw your avatar: From what Manga did you take that? xD

I'm guessing it's mostly grandfathering until a specific point, so all you will see are those who managed to get the special characters before they were unavailable for new players.

OOC: It was from the Pocket Monsters DP manga (ポケットモンスターD・P(ダイヤモンド・パール). The character in question is Looker, also known as Handsome.

Special characters are no longer permitted for any new nation or ruler name.

I know... I'm just hoping I might get a list of special characters which survived that rule due to the age of the respective ruler/nation name. Please read before you post. Thanks.

The easiest way to find out if a character still exists in-game is to search for it. The search function requires at least 3 characters but you can bypass this with a double underscore. If a character returns any results, it exists in the game. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

The easiest way to find out if a character still exists in-game is to search for it. The search function requires at least 3 characters but you can bypass this with a double underscore. If a character returns any results, it exists in the game. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Actually, you can't search for special characters.

http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?sea...&Strength2=

That's for the nation I linked above.

Actually, you can't search for special characters.

http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?sea...&Strength2=

That's for the nation I linked above.

lol, so that means if someone would want to attack him or send aid he'd have to either go by the Alliance name or search for "ktergal" or "The House of Sid"? xD

Edited by Andy P