Advancements in Somalia

Sargun II

Mogadishu

Thousands of citizens flooded the streets to see the repairing of the sole hospital in Mogadishu. Merely days after an unknown explosion managed to rip apart much of the clinic, Carthaginian aid workers had inspected it and found several structural and fire hazards within the existing structure and the design. Workers managed to construct a closed-roof emergency clinic while construction workers descended from Carthage to construct a larger complex. With large amounts of funding being channeled into Somalia and many aid workers flooding the poverty-stricken nation, many experts believe that this is only the first step into an increasingly more complex modernization process yet to be publicly released by the Carthaginian government.

Many workers found that the population of Mogadishu was also vastly under-reported.

Mogadishu

The population of 2.2 million citizens has come out in full force today as the lives of Somalians were restarted. With very little damage done to infrastructure, the Somalians managed to set a high attendance record with 98% of all non-disabled (including the sick), currently employed workers reporting for work. Carthaginian development has stopped for the most part in the homeland while improvements to Somalia have been at a breakneck pace. Somalians, still in what some would consider the dark ages, have seen a donation of 12,000 sports-utility vehicles from various organizations, including the Carthaginian government, Cartago Company, Artemis Group and others. High-speed wireless internet access infrastructure has been approved by the Carthaginian government at a steep discount.

Finally, the government of Aphrike Somalia is holding elections today.

The Mechodamian Research and Development Corps have sent hospital teams to aid in the injuries induced by the day-long battle. Over 250,000 have been given medical attention, along with key vaccinations to ward off known local infections and bacterial viruses. Thousands of pounds of food and water have also been delivered by the RMN Sandoria and RMN Windurst. Policing units have also appeared in the capitol to help assist the free election of Somalian government officials.

//OOC: It's cool. :wub://

An agreement was reached today by President Obama with Transvaal. Under the terms of the agreement, Carthage will agree to pay double what the Italians had been paid to lease the Boer Zone in order to reclaim it. The agreement also states that in eleven days the Transvalers inside the Zone will leave and the space will officially be turned over to Carthaginians.

Mobs have taken to the streets with the latest election results. The Italian Fascist governor, Junio Vincetta, won not by majority but by a simple vote. Close to a hundred thousand citizens, enraged at Fascist rule returning to the colony, stood outside of the Governor's pavilion chanting for a runoff election. It is rumored that General Lucas Perry and Secretary of State Juli Peaceheart support the efforts at a runoff.

Carthaginian representatives have said that they will hold a runoff election for Governor of the Colony at the behest of the people, but it will be done today in an effort to calm the populace.

FASCIST ELECTION FRAUD UNCOVERED

Today in Mogadishu, Carthaginian officials discovered a successful attempt to fraudulently elect the Fascist Party Head, Junio Vincetta. Vincetta has been arrested and several Fascist Party officials have been detained. The runoff vote has been canceled with preliminary reports showing a favor of the Pro-African delegate over the Fascist Party Head.

//OOC: Amyante led a push on the SOS forums for a pro-Fascist vote, which is why I canceled the elections early. I needed to go to sleep which is why I waited until today to do this.

Edited by Sargun

FASCIST ELECTION FRAUD UNCOVERED

Today in Mogadishu, Carthaginian officials discovered a successful attempt to fraudulently elect the Fascist Party Head, Junio Vincetta. Vincetta has been arrested and several Fascist Party officials have been detained. The runoff vote has been canceled with preliminary reports showing a favor of the Pro-African delegate over the Fascist Party Head.

//OOC: Amyante led a push on the SOS forums for a pro-Fascist vote, which is why I canceled the elections early. I needed to go to sleep which is why I waited until today to do this.

OOC: Yeah, sorry about that. Now that i've had a night of sleep i can see that it was wrong to do so. In my defense, i can say that this is the first time i've truly broken the IC/OOC barrier, and looking back i can't accurately recall how i ended up doing so in the first place aside from still feeling some resentment about how Arathog ended up leaving CNRP.

Still, it is easy to talk in hindsight and you'd be right to say that that is not an excuse, so i can do little more than to offer my apologies for this entire situation. It won't happen again.

Riot Control Officials from the UMS have detained fleeing fascist conspirators in the fraud that were attempting to enter Nod. They will be imprisoned and questioned as inquiry into the investigation. Other rioters have also been detained, both pro and anti fascists, and will be charged for disturbing the peace and assault against uniformed officers.

When we left Italian Somalia, fascist institutions (like the Black Shirts and the OVRA police) were dismantled and replaced with the new institutions of the democratic system we are adopting.

In short, you have brought fascism back in a land where fascist ways were replaced with democracy. The riot is the first since our arrival in Somalia, another proof our government was more stable. Also, last time we made a census on the population, the total population of Italian Somalia reached 7000, we wonder where all these hundred thousands of people are coming from.

We smell propaganda, and failure. In less than 3 months, Somalia will be destroyed by war again.

Edited by Junio Borghese

In short, you have brought fascism back in a land where fascist ways were replaced with democracy. The riot is the first since our arrival in Somalia, another proof our government was more stable. Also, last time we made a census on the population, the total population of Italian Somalia reached 7000, we wonder where all these hundred thousands of people are coming from.

It seems you missed several key outlying cities along the border. ;)

OOC: We don't use IG-based numbers, hence populations will vary, naturally.