The Sicilian League

The FSM

Palermo, Sicily.

Press Conference from the floor of the Palazzo dei Normanni

The main chamber of the Palazzo, where the Sicilian Assembly on Independence had recently gathered, is crowded beyond belief with members of the international and domestic press, foreign representatives, members of the Assemblies as well as the general public. All across Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica, those that could not get entrance to the Palazzo sit huddled around their television and computer screens, waiting with baited breath for the press conference to begin.

The Square outside the Palazzo is closed to traffic, the Square and the roads, as far as six blocks away, are overflowing with people. Those who are close enough wait for the proceedings to be televised on a series of massive LED screens set up outside the Palazzo. Those who cannot see the screens are there, wanting to share in the excitement of the moment.

The buzz of anticipation excited conversation inside the Palazzo immediately ceases as a line of me and women enter the chamber, proceed down the center aisle, and take their places on the dais. Among them are the now well known faces of Guiseppe d'Annervi, President of the Sardinian Independence Congress, Valeria Machiavale, President of the Sicilian Assembly on Independence, and Anton Villepin, President of the Summit for Corsican Independence. Yet the man who leads them, the man who approaches the rostrum to speak, is an unknown.

The tall man approaches scales the steps to the rostrum with surety, he flashes an easy smile for the cameras, clears his throat, and begins.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to welcome you all here. Over the past few weeks there has been tremendous political change on the islands of the Mediterranean with the people of Sardinia, Corsica and Sicily gathering of their own volition, to debate their respective futures as provinces of Rebel Army. After lengthy and heated debate it was the near unanimous agreement of the delegates to all three of these assemblies that independence was what they desired.

This has been covered extensively in the press over the last few weeks, and this is not what I come here to announce. I am here to announce that there will be no independent nation of Sicily, no independent nation of Sardinia, and no independent nation of Corsica.

But do not despair, over the past few days I have been meeting with the leaders of all three independence movements. These discussions culminated early yesterday with joint discussions here in the Palazzo where an agreement was reached. Recognizing the close bonds of kinship the peoples of these islands hold I come forward today with but one announcement.

I come before you to announce the independence and establishment of the Sicilian League. Comprised of the three islands of Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica, the League steps forward as shining example of the power of self-determination and as a testament to peace.

I look forward to to guiding the citizens of the League to a brighter, and more prosperous future.

I have left my remarks intentionally short, I will gladly answer any questions you may have for me"

We confirm that this deceleration of independence is indeed true and legitimate. As such, we welcome the Sicilian League into the world with open arms. In addition, I am pleased to announce that the Sicilian League and Rebel Army have agreed to a Mutual Defense Pact, in recognition of our close friendship and bonds with one and other.

The Rebellion of Sicilians Accords

Preamble

The undersigned nations of Sicilian League and Rebel Army, recognizing the bonds of friendship between the two, hereby enter into a bond of mutual defense.

Article I. Non Aggression

Sicilian League and Rebel Army hereby agree to non-aggression. Neither signatory will launch military, political, or covert operations against the other.

Article II. Trade

The undersigned nations also agree to lift all tariffs on trade between their nations.

Article III. Mutual Defense

An attack upon one signatory will be considered an attack upon both, and will be treated as such.

Article IV. Cancellation

Either signatory may cancel this treaty at any time, provided that they inform their counterpart of their intentions at least 48 hours in advance. This treaty will still be in effect during those 48 hours.

Signed for Sicilian League,

Jean d'Aosta, Steward of the League

Signed for Rebel Army,

Lavo Shalam, Prime Minister

Mohammed Hazzan, Minister of Foreign Affairs

"The Queendom of Australia sends its warmest regards and welcomes to the Sicilian League. Stability in Europe and in the Mediterranean is a lovely thing and we can only hope that you add to the warmth and power of the region. Hopefully we will be in touch."

-HRH Hannah Asgeirsson

"The Queendom of Australia sends its warmest regards and welcomes to the Sicilian League. Stability in Europe and in the Mediterranean is a lovely thing and we can only hope that you add to the warmth and power of the region. Hopefully we will be in touch."

-HRH Hannah Asgeirsson

"Warmth and power being radiation and nukes."

-random blogger

"We welcome and recognize the Sicilian League, especially seeing as they are a friend of Rebel Army's."

-HRH King James II

Administrative Announcements

Central Government

Jean d'Aosta- Steward of the Sicilian League

Hossein Al-Hussein- League Director of Foreign Affairs

Romano Totti- League Director of Economic Development

Dominique Paval- League Director of National Affairs

Lieut. Gen. Andre Rennac- Commander- Army of the Sicilian League

Gen. Pierre Toure- Commander- Air Forces of the Sicilian League

Adm. Violetta Abruzzi- Commander- Admiralty of the Sicilian League

Archons

Guiseppe d'Annervi- Sardinian Archonate

Valeria Machiavale- Sicilian Archonate

Anton Villepin- Corsican Archonate

The provisional Capital of the League is Palermo until a permanent Administration and Government Complex is finished in Syracuse.

OOC:

Good to finally be back :)

Edited by The Flying Scotsman

OOC: OH! Were you the Garretian Federation?

If so, sorry about invading you when I was Ubersteinia. <__<

OOC: Why hello there uberstein. Yes I was. Its alright, I was a little pissed you took me over, but meh. Its RP, it was along time ago, and it fit with your character, so dont worry about it haha.

Cheers to us hopefully not going to war again in the near future! :D

OOC: Why hello there uberstein. Yes I was. Its alright, I was a little pissed you took me over, but meh. Its RP, it was along time ago, and it fit with your character, so dont worry about it haha.

Cheers to us hopefully not going to war again in the near future! :D

OOC: Well, Finland's army is designed defensively, so I don't plan too. :P

"The GDR welcomes you to the world."

OOC: I think I know you from somewhere...

<.<

IC: The League thanks you for your warm regards.

Establishment of the Admiralty of the Sicilian League

Earlier today the League Admiralty announced the commissioning of five new seagoing vessels, three Syracuse Class Submarines and two Etna Class Frigates.

The submarines, commissioned as the SLS-S Syracuse, SLS-S Palermo, and the SLS-S Messina, comprise the first generation of domestically designed submarines used by the League. The Syracuse Class forgoes the nuclear reactor due to safety, cost, and maintenance concerns and instead utilizes a Sterling AIP engine system, thus allowing the submarines to stay at sea for lengths of time comparable to their nuclear powered brethren. The Syracuse Class is equipped with six 533mm torpedo tubes, two 400mm torpedo tubes and the ability to deploy ship-independent SAM sleds

The frigates, commissioned as the SLS Etna and SLS Vulcano, are the first domestically designed and produced surface combat ships used by the League. The Etna class frigates are equipped to fulfill a variety of roles, posessing two 76-mm main guns, four anti-ship/land attack VLS tubes, two long range land attack VLS tubes, as well as two PHALANX mounts and two SAM batteries with a 50km coverage umbrella for air defense and 2x2 AsW torpedo batteries.

OOC: I was around here as the Garretian Federation (where Justinian is now, roughly) and then the Kingdom of Okhrana (in Alaska) from around the beginning of the RP up until... a year ago maybe? Cant quite remember how long ago it was that I stopped paying attention around here.

Edited by The Flying Scotsman

"Warmth and power being radiation and nukes."

-random blogger

"We welcome and recognize the Sicilian League, especially seeing as they are a friend of Rebel Army's."

-HRH King James II

"How can a nation in the middle of a civil war even bother with outside events? It makes no logical sense. In any case, they're ones to talk. They've been in more aggressive wars than the member entities of Australia have been combined."

~random blogger

"How can a nation in the middle of a civil war even bother with outside events? It makes no logical sense. In any case, they're ones to talk. They've been in more aggressive wars than the member entities of Australia have been combined."

~random blogger

**Private in the basement of the famous random internet teen blogger**

LOLWUT, this not blogger this corrupt govurment.

**Public**

U fail epically, Zhey hav the same rights as u. So they c4n mess with it 2.

-Random internet teen blogger