Athens/FoB reparations to KofN

ramon666

Joint announcement from Athens, Federation of Buccaneers and Knights of Ni!

I’m happy to announce that last week, the three involved alliances came to an agreement on the reparations for the war of some three weeks ago. The reason it may have taken a bit long, is mostly because of the difference of time zones we live. Mostly the guys in Athens and FoB were at work during my active hours and I was already in bed during their active hours, so yeah… Also, I am lazy from time to time.

Athens and Federation of Buccaneers have offered to pay 2000 tech and they have offered to find us some donation deals. In fact, at Knights of Ni! we are happier about a donation deal, than about money, because it would take over 1.5 billion to recover from the losses. As we have only 5 or 6 aid slots per nation, it’s impossible to get that much cash. The donations would get us our tech, infra and land back and that’s what matters. Some donations have already been made, so a lot of people are a bit quicker than me .

Lastly, of course I’ve been keeping track of the conversation about the situation we’ve had. I would like to thank the people who stood up for us, maybe it helped us get the reparations we are getting. On the other hand, after talks with mostly Athens members, I get the feeling they are not the jerks I thought them to be, during the first hours of the war. In fact, the guys I talked to, seemed pretty cool. Last time I checked there were people still bashing Athens and FoB’s move, I think it’s time to put a stop to that. Ok, they made a mistake, but they are also showing every intention of making up for it. So, nothing but respect for that.

Edited by ramon666

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SpoiL: because it would take over 1.5 billion to recover from the losses. As we have only 5 or 6 aid slots per nation, it’s impossible to get that much cash.

Yeah well, you got a point. It is in fact possible, but it would take months. As I like to keep my slots open for tech, than just receiving money isn't going to do me much good.

Edited by ramon666

congrats on the reps, though the 1.5 billion amount kinda shows that this war was way more damaging than was ever said. seems that hopefully tech raiding alliances will now be clearly seen to cause massive damage to the victim regardless of intent.

SpoiL: because it would take over 1.5 billion to recover from the losses. As we have only 5 or 6 aid slots per nation, it’s impossible to get that much cash.

Yeah well, you got a point. It is in fact possible, but it would take months. As I like to keep my slots open for tech, than just receiving money isn't going to do me much good.

I understand that you're good people and wouldn't want to put Athens through months of reps, but I am curious if Athens would be willing to be subjected to that to pay for the damages that they did cause, particularly in light of the extreme amount of reps that NPO is faced with.

I understand that you're good people and wouldn't want to put Athens through months of reps, but I am curious if Athens would be willing to be subjected to that to pay for the damages that they did cause, particularly in light of the extreme amount of reps that NPO is faced with.

Are you tring to sugest that there be fair treatment of all nations on plant Bob? :huh:

Edit to fix quote mistake

Edited by Lupine

As a clarification, while Knights of Ni! may have estimated damage figures at 1.5 billion, the amount of reparations we have mutually agreed on is considerably less than that, although it is a substantial sum in its own right.

It was a shame this situation occured, but I am glad we were able to come to a mutual agreement in the end.

Good luck in the future :)

As a clarification, while Knights of Ni! may have estimated damage figures at 1.5 billion, the amount of reparations we have mutually agreed on is considerably less than that, although it is a substantial sum in its own right.

Second that.

Curious...I have no problem with the resolution mind you but...why does this seem like it was written to improve Athens' PR at every step? You practically stumble over yourself trying to get that across. :v:

I would hardly call pointing out that we are not jerks...falling over himself. Perhaps, just maybe, its because we really aren't jerks?

Curious...I have no problem with the resolution mind you but...why does this seem like it was written to improve Athens' PR at every step? You practically stumble over yourself trying to get that across. :v:

I am sure the man from Knights of Ni is painfully interested in repairing Athens' PR.

Very simple: A lot of people had been going on about the mistake Ahtens/FoB made (which is fine with me), but since the situation has now been dealt with, I was pointing out that it's now ok and we should move on. We can't keep on blaming everyone for their mistakes. By the way, nothing of my text was written by Athens or FoB members. Just my opinion, you are of course allowed to make of it what you want ;)