Radio Rhodesia; News and Events

Rhodesia

Rhodesian Nationals' Club Radio: Prime Minister Dawson Sworn In, Gives Inaugural Address to the Nation

Prime Minister Edward Dawson was sworn in as the first Prime Minister of the Republic of Rhodesia in Livingstone today. Just after the conclusion of the ceremony, Dawson stepped up to the podium and delivered his inaugural address to the nation. We have a large clip here for you to listen to:

ian_smith.jpg

"My people, Rhodesians, now we make our own destiny. We set out on our own path from our benevolent friends in Transvaal and walk into this new world independent and sovereign over ourselves. Rhodesian Nationalism has never seen such glory before, and I thank the Rhodesian Nation for its support of the realization of our dream.

I will be appointing two cabinet positions right here and now. Our Minister of Foreign Affairs will be Hendrik Vermaak of the Rhodesian Conservative Party and our Minister of the State will be Annelie van der Berg of the Rhodesian National Party. Both candidates showed the utmost of honor, respect, and care for our new nation, as well as sensible plans for the fields in which I have nominated them to govern.

Now, let we Rhodesians march to the glory that awaits us. Let us make our mark and raise our flag to the prominence of our nation and homeland. Now is the time for us to stand up for our nation and take pride in it. Come with me on this journey, walk with me to the glorification of our homeland!"

Ambassador Nolan offers his sincere congratulations to Prime Minister Dawson and wishes him luck for his upcoming term in office on the behalf of the Tahoan Federal Government. His first diplomatic duty is requesting a meeting with the cabinet member responsible for commerce and delivering a letter on the behalf of the Tahoe Chamber of Commerce with investment proposals by various Tahoan corporations interested in the Rhodesian Market. Tahoe is the fifth largest economy in the world and the second largest in America, and already has extensive trade with Transvaal.

Ambassador Nolan offers his sincere congratulations to Prime Minister Dawson and wishes him luck for his upcoming term in office on the behalf of the Tahoan Federal Government. His first diplomatic duty is requesting a meeting with the cabinet member responsible for commerce and delivering a letter on the behalf of the Tahoe Chamber of Commerce with investment proposals by various Tahoan corporations interested in the Rhodesian Market. Tahoe is the fifth largest economy in the world and the second largest in America, and already has extensive trade with Transvaal.

George Camden has been appointed the Minister of Commerce and Trade, and will meet with Ambassador Nolan at Mr. Nolan's earliest convenience.

Rhodesian Nationals' Club Radio: Lusaka Renamed!

General Rhodes has announced that due to recent demographic shifts in certain parts of the country, Lusaka, the largest city in the Republic of Rhodesia, will be renamed Victoria, in honor of the old Queen and recognition of the petition put forth by the Rhodesian Nationals' Club Branch there. The change was first proposed by the RNC, which drafted a petition which was circulated thoroughly throughout the town, with a great majority in favor.

The change will be effective immediately, and all legal documents henceforth will use the new name, while the old ones will still be recognized as fully legal and relevant.

Edited by Rhodesia

His Excellency Minister Camden is cordially invited to the Embassy of the Tahoe Republic to discuss trade and commerce between Rhodesia and Tahoe. Ambassador Nolan has a complete trade portfolio from various corporations interested in investing in Rhodesia he wishes to present to the Rhodesian Government, as a first step to implemented a free and fair trade plan between our two nations.

SitePortugal.jpg

Minister Camden was dispatched immediately to the Embassy of the Tahoe Republic to meet with Ambassador Nolan. He was very anxious to get the meeting underway as it would be Rhodesia's first chance to look beyond its borders in regards to trade, with the Tahoe Republic no less. He immediately shuttled over to the embassy in one of the old state Land Rovers. He stepped out and was ushered into the embassy and then into the conference room where Ambassador Nolan waited for him. The two exchanged hellos then were seated.

"I'm interested to hear your proposals, Ambassador Nolan. We are looking to really make something here today, get Rhodesia out on the world market, and thereby get some of your companies a very good price, uh?" Camden stated politely, his thick Rhodesian accent coming out.

"A pleasure to meet with you today, Minister. Now as we both know trade is the lifeblood of nations. I've spent some time looking over the dossier of what products are produced in this region - obviously pre-Rhodesia of course - and from what I can tell at the moment your primary exports are copper, cobalt, tobacco, flowers, and cotton, of course feel free to correct me if I am at all wrong.* I feel like you will find quite the market for those products in Tahoe. Of course I cannot help you with direct exports from Rhodesia to Tahoe, as our governent has little to no control over the market, although I can offer the simple advice of: offer a better product at a lower price."

"Tahoe's main exports are agricultural products, particularly fruit and wheat and to a lesser extent corn, lumber, various minerals and on the more advanced side of the spectrum, Tahoe is the largest aircraft and computer producer in the world."

*Based on real life exports of Zambia.

"A pleasure to meet with you today, Minister. Now as we both know trade is the lifeblood of nations. I've spent some time looking over the dossier of what products are produced in this region - obviously pre-Rhodesia of course - and from what I can tell at the moment your primary exports are copper, cobalt, tobacco, flowers, and cotton, of course feel free to correct me if I am at all wrong.* I feel like you will find quite the market for those products in Tahoe. Of course I cannot help you with direct exports from Rhodesia to Tahoe, as our governent has little to no control over the market, although I can offer the simple advice of: offer a better product at a lower price."

"Tahoe's main exports are agricultural products, particularly fruit and wheat and to a lesser extent corn, lumber, various minerals and on the more advanced side of the spectrum, Tahoe is the largest aircraft and computer producer in the world."

*Based on real life exports of Zambia.

"Yes, I believe you have that correct there. As for you computer productions, I think I can help you there as well, my friend. In addition to the exports you listed there, our main exporting industries are Steel, Fine Jewelry, Affluent Living products, as in luxury items and things of that nature, and microchips. Since we are a new and relatively backwards nation we are able to produce these chips with knowledge we already had at very low prices. I realize you may be able to produce those yourselves, most likely actually, but I feel that might be a place where we can enter into a niche market.

As for the main export resources, if Tahoe is mainly agricultural, we should be able to enter the market on the raw materials and industrial side. Our government's plan from the beginning has been industrialization to capitalize on our position, and actual ability to produce goods at very low prices considering. Now, this is not to say that they will not be of the quality Tahoan businesses are looking for. We are obviously able to create luxury items, steel, fine jewelry, and microchips, that should be evidence of our ability to create quality, yet cheap exports of our copper and cobalt resources. Cotton should be easy, considering it takes a special climate to grow, as well as tobacco.

There are two more very important resources to Rhodesia, which are fish and lead. We do not only mine lead, but manufacture products made from it, most notably ammunition. If Tahoan businesses were to look into, I would say they would find a very good price on ammunition, which is rare in the world today. As for the fish, well, Tahoe is located in a great fishing area, so that won't look to promising," he chuckled at this. "At any rate, what do you think about that plan? Perhaps as a seasoned adviser for Tahoe, you could shed some light or correct a few of my guesses?

That's not even mentioning Tahoan investment in Rhodesia. There is open property and lots of room to generate capital. Should Tahoan businesses begin investments, which would be highly favored by us both I think when compared to Tahoan outsourcing to Rhodesia, I believe they could both generate a lot of wealth for themselves as Rhodesia grows and we could use the investments to develop our industries, which would result in a circle of mutual benefit. Suffice to say, Rhodesia is a member of Nordreich, a very stable alliance. We can anticipate a lot of aid coming into our nation to boost our economy and development."

*Botha-mode states that I can use IRL and IG resources, so I'll roll with that and tack on my IG resources lead and fish.

Edited by Rhodesia

"Yes, I believe you have that correct there. As for you computer productions, I think I can help you there as well, my friend. In addition to the exports you listed there, our main exporting industries are Steel, Fine Jewelry, Affluent Living products, as in luxury items and things of that nature, and microchips. Since we are a new and relatively backwards nation we are able to produce these chips with knowledge we already had at very low prices. I realize you may be able to produce those yourselves, most likely actually, but I feel that might be a place where we can enter into a niche market.

As for the main export resources, if Tahoe is mainly agricultural, we should be able to enter the market on the raw materials and industrial side. Our government's plan from the beginning has been industrialization to capitalize on our position, and actual ability to produce goods at very low prices considering. Now, this is not to say that they will not be of the quality Tahoan businesses are looking for. We are obviously able to create luxury items, steel, fine jewelry, and microchips, that should be evidence of our ability to create quality, yet cheap exports of our copper and cobalt resources. Cotton should be easy, considering it takes a special climate to grow, as well as tobacco.

There are two more very important resources to Rhodesia, which are fish and lead. We do not only mine lead, but manufacture products made from it, most notably ammunition. If Tahoan businesses were to look into, I would say they would find a very good price on ammunition, which is rare in the world today. As for the fish, well, Tahoe is located in a great fishing area, so that won't look to promising," he chuckled at this. "At any rate, what do you think about that plan? Perhaps as a seasoned adviser for Tahoe, you could shed some light or correct a few of my guesses?

That's not even mentioning Tahoan investment in Rhodesia. There is open property and lots of room to generate capital. Should Tahoan businesses begin investments, which would be highly favored by us both I think when compared to Tahoan outsourcing to Rhodesia, I believe they could both generate a lot of wealth for themselves as Rhodesia grows and we could use the investments to develop our industries, which would result in a circle of mutual benefit. Suffice to say, Rhodesia is a member of Nordreich, a very stable alliance. We can anticipate a lot of aid coming into our nation to boost our economy and development."

*Botha-mode states that I can use IRL and IG resources, so I'll roll with that and tack on my IG resources lead and fish.

Ambassador Nolan handed over a sheet of files to the Minister, "This contains contact information for overseas trade representatives of Microsoft Corporation, Apple Inc. and Google Inc. I assure you they will be quite pleased to open relations to purchase cheap microchips ever since our own microchip production fell steeply. I would strongly advise that you work with luxury items vendors in Tahoe as there likely is a market for that as well. Africa and particularly colonial Africa themed items have been very popular because of our relationship with Transvaal. Raw materials likewise will be a major market, and I included some possible interested firms, particularly mining corporations that will be interested in opening mines, which will, of course, help you as they cover all construction and investment costs while providing Rhodesians with jobs and your government with a large new source of wealth that can be taxed."

"I wish I could be a more direct help, but my job as ambassador is simply to ensure that conditions are ideal for trade between our two nations, as well as giving a go between for your government and our businessmen. I can however offer you direct business in establishing an ammunition plant for our military. I will have to speak with our Minister of Defense, but he will likely have me sign a contract for Xmillion rounds a year in various calibers. As well I can offer you a 3,000,000 mark investment in return for 100 units of technology (IG tech trade)

Ambassador Nolan handed over a sheet of files to the Minister, "This contains contact information for overseas trade representatives of Microsoft Corporation, Apple Inc. and Google Inc. I assure you they will be quite pleased to open relations to purchase cheap microchips ever since our own microchip production fell steeply. I would strongly advise that you work with luxury items vendors in Tahoe as there likely is a market for that as well. Africa and particularly colonial Africa themed items have been very popular because of our relationship with Transvaal. Raw materials likewise will be a major market, and I included some possible interested firms, particularly mining corporations that will be interested in opening mines, which will, of course, help you as they cover all construction and investment costs while providing Rhodesians with jobs and your government with a large new source of wealth that can be taxed."

"I wish I could be a more direct help, but my job as ambassador is simply to ensure that conditions are ideal for trade between our two nations, as well as giving a go between for your government and our businessmen. I can however offer you direct business in establishing an ammunition plant for our military. I will have to speak with our Minister of Defense, but he will likely have me sign a contract for Xmillion rounds a year in various calibers. As well I can offer you a 3,000,000 mark investment in return for 100 units of technology (IG tech trade)

Minister Camden took the files and scanned them over lightly and quickly. "This is very helpful, thank you Ambassador. I believe we will be able to offer strong help in the production of microchips. Even better, we actually manufacture our luxury items in the African Colonial style.

As for the mining operation opportunities, I'll be glad to get with your contacts here about mining concessions, it sounds like a very good idea for both our nations.

Now, I am very intrigued about the deal with an ammunition plant. I can assure you, we can produce all calibers and good quality ammunition at a very good price. I can also give my word that a technology deal will be accepted if it is put in with our government (OOC: Sure thing, if you want to just send me a message in game detailing exactly how you want to do the tech deal, I'll get on it immediately.)

I will relay these contacts to my office where we can send them to the proper businesses, so that they can get in touch with your corporations. Thank you very much for the opportunity, Ambassador Nolan."

OOC: I was thinking I'd RP the sending out of offers to Tahoan firms and you could tell me the details on acceptance and the details of how everything is done, especially concerning the mining concessions and ammunition plant, if that sounds good to you?

"I certainly will relay these proposals and I'm certain we will have a wonderful trade economy between both of our nations. I will discuss the opening of an ammunition plant with our Defense Ministry."

The two men continued to talk about less important subjects for the next few minutes before the meeting ended. The next day, Minister Camden would recieve a letter from Defense Minister Collin Flannigan.

Dear George Camden

Minister of Commerce and Trade

Republic of Rhodesia

The government of the Tahoe Republic has decided to open a large scale ammunition plant in Rhodesia. Our most basic requirements are the production of small arms cartridges including components such as percussion and electric primer, pyrotechnics and small caliber ammunition (5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, .50 caliber, 20 mm and 40 mm). If it is acceptable, a team of between twenty and fourty military advisors will be sent to oversee quality control testing for the first few months before staff is reduced to only five or so. As an added bonus, we are willing to send military advisors to assist in the training of the Rhodesian Armed Forces.

Sincerely

Collin Flannigan

Minister of Defense for the Tahoe Republic

OOC: You can send messages to various corporations that I will RP a response for, and otherwise set up an ammunition plant. A separate thread for the military advisors should you want those is a good idea, and perhaps we can bring Botha into it for trilateral operations.

RHODESIAN NATIONALS' CLUB RADIO: GENERAL RHODES ISSUES NEW LAWS

Earlier in the week, President Rhodes submitted several bills to the Senate, which has now approved them. Rhodes signed these into law, instating bans on certain activities that he feels are 'detrimental to our way of life and pervasive blights that ruin households and people's lives.' The laws will go into effect immediately and in the case of Edict 2 of the National Moral Safeguard Act, will grandfather. Of course, in the case of Edict 2, Transvaal does not allow either, but the grandfathering was instituted in case of any illegal activities referring to it occurred in the time between the transition of power and the signing of these laws.

NATIONAL MORAL SAFEGUARD ACT

In order to better safeguard the moral integrity of the citizens of the Republic of Rhodesia and to maintain the current and beloved way of life of Rhodesia, the following are signed into law by the office of the President of the Republic of Rhodesia and the Prime Minister of Rhodesia, as well as having the approval of the Senate. The following activities are henceforth completely banned in the Republic of Rhodesia:

1.) Abortion is hereby illegal to practice and perform. This is for any time during pregnancy and also bans the use of 'Emergency Contraceptives.' Regular contraceptives can still be utilized but henceforth any human embryo or fetus will be treated as a life.

1a.) Because human fetuses are considered lives in Rhodesia, the murder of a pregnant woman will result in two counts of murder, while the deliberate assault of a pregnant woman that results in the loss of the child, whether intentional or accidental, will be treated as a homicide.

2.) Same-sex marriage is hereby banned in the Republic of Rhodesia. This also includes domestic partnerships and tax exemptions for same-sex couples. Any same-sex unions in existence in Rhodesia are hereby declared null and void under the law of the Republic.

3.) All pornographic materials are hereby banned from the Republic of Rhodesia. This includes the production, importation, or any other way of producing or getting materials of this nature into Rhodesia. Anyone caught with such materials will be subject to a charge of smuggling in addition to breaking this edict.

4.) Henceforth, all illegal substances colloquially known as 'drugs' shall be outlawed in Rhodesia. This includes all substances defined as 'controlled substances' and also includes K2 and marijuana. The same punishment applies as edict 3.

Signed,

General Rhodes

President

Edward Dawson

Prime Minister

The National and Conservative Parties both applauded the motion while the Democratic Party had little to say concerning the matter. General Rhodes was met with heightened approval ratings after the announcement and general praise from the citizenry.

All laws listed above are almost identical to laws in existance in the Tahoe Republic. Slight differences exist in our drug laws as marijuana (known more widely in Tahoe as cannibis) is legal for consumption in private homes. Furthermore, all homosexual behavior in the Tahoe Republic is illegal and the notion that homosexuals could have any rights, much less the right to marry, is unknown.

The Government of the Tahoe Republic firmly applauds Rhodesia's social programs.

Prime Minister Kieran Kelly

55 of the 111 Labor Party MPs and 32 of the 142 Democratic MPs voted against or abstained in the vote of support.

110 Democratic MPs and all 209 National Party MPs voted in support

The Government is a coalition between the right wing nationalist National Party and the free market/small government Democratic Party

All laws listed above are almost identical to laws in existance in the Tahoe Republic. Slight differences exist in our drug laws as marijuana (known more widely in Tahoe as cannibis) is legal for consumption in private homes. Furthermore, all homosexual behavior in the Tahoe Republic is illegal and the notion that homosexuals could have any rights, much less the right to marry, is unknown.

The Government of the Tahoe Republic firmly applauds Rhodesia's social programs.

Prime Minister Kieran Kelly

55 of the 111 Labor Party MPs and 32 of the 142 Democratic MPs voted against or abstained in the vote of support.

110 Democratic MPs and all 209 National Party MPs voted in support

The Government is a coalition between the right wing nationalist National Party and the free market/small government Democratic Party

"Rhodesia formally thanks the Tahoe Republic for their support of these social institutions."

*Private to Tahoe*

"I agree with your stance on homosexual activity. I intend to continue strengthening our position against them, as does my party. While it is rare here in Rhodesia, we still find it unappealing."

-General Rhodes

PRIVATE

To: Microsoft Software Company

Body:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a Rhodesian national by the name of Franklin Parr, and am the CEO of Source Manufacturing, the leading producer of microchips in the newly formed Republic of Rhodesia. I wondered if perhaps you would be interested in what I have to offer: high-quality, yet low priced microchips. Because of the state of the newly formed Rhodesia's economy, yet access to adequate technology, we are able to produce microchips up to the specifications of clients, while manufacturing them at a surprisingly low rate, considering our low wages. If you are interested or need to no more, simply respond in whatever way you deem appropriate and at your convenience.

Thank you,

Franklin Parr

Apple and Google would receive similar, but personalized messages concerning the same thing. Several major furniture and luxury importers in Tahoe would receive the following message:

To: *

From: Richard Harrison; President of Southern Africa Luxury

Body:

To Whom It May Concern,

I come to you with an offer. Southern Africa Luxury is looking to make a name for itself in the affluent living materials market in Tahoe. We manufacture a range of furnishings and decorations in the African Colonial style. All of our wooden pieces, including desks and all wooden parts on couches and chairs, are hand-carved from native Rhodesian wood. Just as well, all antelope horn and animal skins are completely natural and legally harvested. All of our items are hand made and crafted with the finest of care taken to ensure absolute quality and authenticity to our work. We are looking for an importer who is interested in the buying and shipping of our products to the market in Tahoe.

I can assure you you will be hard pressed to find anything more finely craft and authentic as our furnishings. We have made special provisions to ensure that our pieces are decidedly Rhodesian in flavor and up to the standards of the elite in any populace. If you are interested, please contact me at your convenience.

Thank you for your time,

Richard Harrison

The laws will go into effect immediately and in the case of Edict 2 of the National Moral Safeguard Act, will grandfather. Of course, in the case of Edict 2, Transvaal does not allow either, but the grandfathering was instituted in case of any illegal activities referring to it occurred in the time between the transition of power and the signing of these laws.

All of the edicts are essentially in effect in Transvaal (and thus when Northern Rhodesia was still part of the Republic) except inthe case of abortion, which is illegal for whites but permitted for non-whites. For white Rhodesians, none of these edicts would be deemed 'new'.

To: Microsoft Software Company

Body:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a Rhodesian national by the name of Franklin Parr, and am the CEO of Source Manufacturing, the leading producer of microchips in the newly formed Republic of Rhodesia. I wondered if perhaps you would be interested in what I have to offer: high-quality, yet low priced microchips. Because of the state of the newly formed Rhodesia's economy, yet access to adequate technology, we are able to produce microchips up to the specifications of clients, while manufacturing them at a surprisingly low rate, considering our low wages. If you are interested or need to no more, simply respond in whatever way you deem appropriate and at your convenience.

Thank you,

Franklin Parr

Dear Mr. Parr,

The Microsoft Corporation would be pleased to offer Source Manufacturing a multi-year, multi-million Tahoe mark deal to produce high quality microchips. I have asked my COO of our Europe and Africa Division to fly to Livingstone to meet with you personally to work out the specific details of our relationship.

Sincerely,

Steve Ballmer

Chief Executive Officer

Microsoft Corporation

Source Manufacturing would recieve similar offers from Apple and Google worth an estimated 30-50 million Tahoe marks a year.

Southern Africa Luxury would recieve letters from more than a dozen corporations asking to host a product line varying from just furniture to entire product lines. They would also recieve an offer from an investment company that wished to pay Southern Africa Luxury to set up a local branch in Tahoe to sell products directly to customers instead of through Tahoan importers. The investment was not enough to ensure that the company shouldn't accept offers from the Tahoan companies but would provide an opening into the Tahoan market directly.

All of the edicts are essentially in effect in Transvaal (and thus when Northern Rhodesia was still part of the Republic) except inthe case of abortion, which is illegal for whites but permitted for non-whites. For white Rhodesians, none of these edicts would be deemed 'new'.

"Of course, however, the Senate and I felt it was necessary to affirm these laws and to ensure that Rhodesia knows where it stands and that we are honoring the way things have always been done, the way people here prefer things to be."

-General Rhodes

Dear Mr. Parr,

The Microsoft Corporation would be pleased to offer Source Manufacturing a multi-year, multi-million Tahoe mark deal to produce high quality microchips. I have asked my COO of our Europe and Africa Division to fly to Livingstone to meet with you personally to work out the specific details of our relationship.

Sincerely,

Steve Ballmer

Chief Executive Officer

Microsoft Corporation

"That sounds great. We can meet in Livingstone at your convenience."

Source Manufacturing would recieve similar offers from Apple and Google worth an estimated 30-50 million Tahoe marks a year.

"These offers would be accepted as well.

Southern Africa Luxury would recieve letters from more than a dozen corporations asking to host a product line varying from just furniture to entire product lines. They would also recieve an offer from an investment company that wished to pay Southern Africa Luxury to set up a local branch in Tahoe to sell products directly to customers instead of through Tahoan importers. The investment was not enough to ensure that the company shouldn't accept offers from the Tahoan companies but would provide an opening into the Tahoan market directly.

Richard Harrison thought long and hard about which path he should take, either with the investment firm or with the importers. He finally came to the conclusion that he would get into contact with the investment firm and try to make a deal with them, setting up a Tahoan branch of his company.

RADIO LUSAKA: YOUTH VANDALISM REACHES AN ALL TIME HIGH IN THE NATION'S LARGEST CITY

Vandalism committed by youths has reached an all time high in the largest city in Rhodesia, Lusaka. Most has been happening in already unsavory parts of the city. Recently however, the vandalism has been spreading outside what one would call 'the usual boundaries.' In response, authorities have allocated the funds to install video surveillance on the streets around the hot spots of vandal activity, as well as posting more police in those areas. Adults caught vandalizing would be arrested, while youths would be sent to correctional facilities.

The Governor General of the province was queried as to why other, more 'pleasant' options could not be pursued. One reporter suggested the building of parks and youth centers. The Governor General replied, "This is not a place where that road can be taken. The crime in that part of the city has been historically bad, and not it is spreading. Do you think a park will solve our problems. Not only will it be vandalized, but also otherwise unused, which would become a big waste of money."

Local authorities have already made arrests, beginning to stem the vandalism. The populace of the city was polled and overwhelmingly in favor of the actions taken to control crime."

RADIO LUSAKA: NAME CHANGE OF RHODESIA'S LARGEST CITY

Recently, Governor General Johnathan Dawkins of the Lusaka Province held a referendum to change the name of the city and province in support of Rhodesian Nationalism. The referendum passed, renaming the city Victoria in honor of the Queen of the same name, as well as to honor Rhodesian national solidarity. The referendum was passed with a very great majority, not only renaming the city but renaming the Lusaka Province the Victoria Province.

The Governor General issued a statement regarding the motives behind the name change, as well as his views on it:

"After several meetings where the item for a name change had been brought up in the Provincial Senate, I convened with leaders of the factions for and against, where we decided we would put the issue up to vote. Before we did so, we circulated warning and news thoroughly and opened up the possibility for name submissions. The local branch of the Rhodesian Nationals' Club garnered extreme support behind the proposed name of Victoria. After a referendum to determine which name would run against the existing one, it was selected and the final phase of the vote was kicked in.

We had a very high voter turn-out, so the want for the name change is extremely accurate. So far, the response has been very, very positive."

-Governor General Dawkins (RNP)

Signs and legal documents have already begun to be switched, as well as maps and other things of that nature.

RHODESIAN NATIONALS' CLUB RADIO: FOREIGN AID BOLSTERS INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN VICTORIA; MANY OTHER DEVELOPMENTS

With the recent influx of foreign aid from the nation of Agmar, infrastructure projects in newly renamed Victoria has seen a major increase in funding, as the government allocated most of the funds to the building and repair of new roads, bridges and regional air fields. In addition, another factory was built in Victoria, as well as the nations first major bank since independence.

Ongoing technology deals are also expected to speed up infrastructure projects throughout the nation, as foreign investment continues to increase.

CLASSIFIED

General Rhodes authorized the building of a Labor Camp in the thick of the bush. The camp would be operating under the guise of a prison camp, of course it was for criminals, but the nature of the criminals was concealed. It would be specifically for radical communists arrested from public protests. No files linked the camp to its true nature, the only two having access to the information being General Rhodes and Prime Minister Dawson. The camp would soon be populated, soldiers being the guards. The makeup of the guards would largely be of infantry regulars, but there were also 10 SAS officers allocated to the camp.

The position of the camp in the bush in regards to the thickness of trees and geography allows it to still be easily guarded. There were three fences around the camp, each spaced 3 feet apart, with camoflagued guard towers at intervals of 40 yards. The first fence is 10 feet high and barbed wire topped with razor wire, the second is a 12 foot chain link fence with barbed wire woven in, topped with razor wire, and the third is a repeat of the first, albeit 12 feet tall.

The troops stationed there were sworn to secrecy and stricken from the list of those on active duty, and they were organized into their own black ops group. Again, all files linking them were destroyed, the information residing in the minds of the President and Prime Minister.

RHODESIAN NATIONALS' CLUB RADIO: NEW PATROL TACTICS PUT INTO PLACE

Today, Major General Bruce Campling signed an order creating a new patrol policy. The policy dictates that all infantry on patrol will rotate patrol areas, and will cover the entire nation. The reasoning behind it is total familiarization of all patrolling infantry with the bush and geography of Rhodesia. General Campling stated that he hopes this will "...give our infantry a very decisive advantage. The aim is to have our entire infantry base familiar with the geography of as much of the nation as possible. Since it is so important to know the terrain out here, this will really help our defensive forces do their job."

Today, Major General Bruce Campling signed an order creating a new patrol policy. The policy dictates that all infantry on patrol will rotate patrol areas, and will cover the entire nation. The reasoning behind it is total familiarization of all patrolling infantry with the bush and geography of Rhodesia.

The Transvaler Krygsmagte would be willing to provide the Rhodesian defence force with all its terrain intell knowledge that it has pertaining to Rhodesia. We would also be willing to participate in joint manouvres and training missions if requested.

Lastly, the Krygsmagte gives Rhodesia $3,000,000 in old surplus military equipment no longer used or required by Transvaal.

OOC: go check your aids screen

“It have been told by Pretoria that it is conceivable that if and when Rhodesia has become solidly established on the African continent, that Southern Rhodesia would be given the opportunity to vote on its future – whether it wants to remain part of the Republic of Transvaal or unify with the North. But Pretoria does not see that happening for another six months.” - Willem Coetzee, Governor of the Province of (southern) Rhodesia

The Transvaler Krygsmagte would be willing to provide the Rhodesian defence force with all its terrain intell knowledge that it has pertaining to Rhodesia. We would also be willing to participate in joint manouvres and training missions if requested.

Lastly, the Krygsmagte gives Rhodesia $3,000,000 in old surplus military equipment no longer used or required by Transvaal.

OOC: go check your aids screen

OOC: Botha is too kind to Rhodesia.

IC:

"We can't thank Transvaal enough for its continued support. We shall accept your offers, both of them. Hopefully we can get some joint military movements underway soon."

“It have been told by Pretoria that it is conceivable that if and when Rhodesia has become solidly established on the African continent, that Southern Rhodesia would be given the opportunity to vote on its future – whether it wants to remain part of the Republic of Transvaal or unify with the North. But Pretoria does not see that happening for another six months.” - Willem Coetzee, Governor of the Province of (southern) Rhodesia

General Rhodes reportedly expressed great excitement at the prospect, but still realizes that it would have to become a distant goal, requiring a lot of dedication and hard work.