Blue Heaven Press Conference

kitex

After having a short, small meeting, Prime Minister Roger Smith, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dorothy Waynewright, Minister of Defense, Colin Powell, Minister of Finance, John Neer, former Troinan president, John Shiznay, and former Troinan Defense Secretary, Rusa MacNell, sat at the table, quietly. Armed soldiers were visible, 10 flanked the table and everyone entering went through a metal detector and was then patted down.

PM Roger Smith spoke quickly "Since first announcing our existence to the world, we've decided to hold a press conference to allow others to learn more about Blue Heaven. Please, ask away."

A reporter stood up, in her black suit with a small umbrella Corp Badge above her left breast.

"Prime Minister Smith, I have noticed the former President Shinzay is present here and I am glad to see he is alive and well after leaving our Antarctic lands, however I must ask, what is Mr Shinzays new role going to be with your Government, if any?

I am operating under assumption because he is also sat with other heads of Government at your table"

The reporter again stood up, a sublte smile on her face.

"Good to hear the Umbrella Corporation and Mr shinzay shall be working closley together again.

I have a Letter for your Government I am to hand to you from the Umbrella Corporation in regards to Blue Heaven and who our envoy is to your Country."

The reporter again stood up, a sublte smile on her face.

"Good to hear the Umbrella Corporation and Mr shinzay shall be working closley together again.

I have a Letter for your Government I am to hand to you from the Umbrella Corporation in regards to Blue Heaven and who our envoy is to your Country."

A guard went and got the letter and would hold on to it until the end of the press conference.

"Waht will your nation's policy be as regarding Foreign Affairs? Will it differ depening on the geographic location of other nations?"

OOC: aka, American, European, Asian...how will they all be treated?

Dorothy Waynewright spoke up: "For the most part, we will have a non-interventionist policy, yet we have a list of nations in the Americas that we'd like to make contact with, some diplomatically, others militarily, and some both."

Minister of Foreign Affairs Hendrik Vermaak of the Republic of Rhodesia attended the Blue Heaven Press Conference.

"I have a few questions for Blue Heaven. First off, which nations in particular does Blue Heaven intend to interact with, especially considering the regional powers of Viniland, Tahoe, and New England?

Secondly, does Blue Heaven intend to join the coalition against foreign influence and imperialsim in the Americas?

And finally, how would you describe you position on the political spectrum and your form of government. By that I mean would you consider yourselves liberal, conservative or even further right or left? In addition to that, are you operating under a authoritarian, democratic, communist, or other type of government?"

Jin Ru sat at the press conference, listening to the questions that were being asked and wondering how he had ended up from an embassy in Troina to the announcement of a new nation somewhere in the Americas. He knew there to still be some bad blood between America and Asia due to the state of near-war between both continents after an escalation of events between the Dragon Empire and Tahoe. And since Tahoe happened to be on the same continent as this fledgling nation, his orders had been clear.

- "Would the nations on that list be restricted to American nations only, or would it also include nations from other continents?"

A Curristan reporter stood up. "James Knight, Curristan News Network. May i ask if Curristan is on the list?"

MoFA Dorothy Waynewright spoke "I am not at liberty to divulge that information."

Minister of Foreign Affairs Hendrik Vermaak of the Republic of Rhodesia attended the Blue Heaven Press Conference.

"I have a few questions for Blue Heaven. First off, which nations in particular does Blue Heaven intend to interact with, especially considering the regional powers of Viniland, Tahoe, and New England?

Secondly, does Blue Heaven intend to join the coalition against foreign influence and imperialsim in the Americas?

And finally, how would you describe you position on the political spectrum and your form of government. By that I mean would you consider yourselves liberal, conservative or even further right or left? In addition to that, are you operating under a authoritarian, democratic, communist, or other type of government?"

"Our government is a republic and the current administration is conservative," said PM Roger Smith.

Jin Ru sat at the press conference, listening to the questions that were being asked and wondering how he had ended up from an embassy in Troina to the announcement of a new nation somewhere in the Americas. He knew there to still be some bad blood between America and Asia due to the state of near-war between both continents after an escalation of events between the Dragon Empire and Tahoe. And since Tahoe happened to be on the same continent as this fledgling nation, his orders had been clear.

- "Would the nations on that list be restricted to American nations only, or would it also include nations from other continents?"

"It has only North American nations, but that doesn't mean we will not start up diplomatic or military relations with nations of the South American or other continents."

"Pardon me, Prime Minister, but you only answered one of my questions."

"Ah, about the anti-imperialism, right now Blue Heaven is to remain neutral, but we are leaning to the anti-imperialistic side of things as we don't want foreigners coming in and taking land and (possibly) telling us how to run things over here in North America."

"It has only North American nations, but that doesn't mean we will not start up diplomatic or military relations with nations of the South American or other continents."

Ru stroked his beard as he thought on the answer. Blue Heaven was, much as he expected it to be, planning to firmly connect itself to North and South America, which would make military treaties quite a bit harder to make. Still, economically there shouldn't be much of a problem still, depending of course on the resources that it would be able to offer. Zargathia had quite a bit of goods available from Asia itself as part of the Inter-Asian Railway and its train connections to Vauleo-Buryatia and the PRC.

- "I see... What of your economy, what national products will you be counting on to fill the treasury?"

Ru stroked his beard as he thought on the answer. Blue Heaven was, much as he expected it to be, planning to firmly connect itself to North and South America, which would make military treaties quite a bit harder to make. Still, economically there shouldn't be much of a problem still, depending of course on the resources that it would be able to offer. Zargathia had quite a bit of goods available from Asia itself as part of the Inter-Asian Railway and its train connections to Vauleo-Buryatia and the PRC.

- "I see... What of your economy, what national products will you be counting on to fill the treasury?"

"We will mainly be counting upon the uranium, construction, and petrochemical industries to provide a good amount of government money."

OOC: Looked up RL info on the two Canadian provinces I have, one has a major uranium industry while the other has a major petrochemical industry, so even though uranium isn't a national resource of mine IG, I can still RP it in (somewhat) large amounts correct?