yes please, i'm tired of pestering Botha with PMs every week

Botha

Botha mode manual?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems every week or so I get PM'ed "What is Botha mode - please explain" or some debate comes up like in the African Mobilisation thread about what is covered by Botha mode during invasions, RP wars. etc., el al, ad naseum, my botha mode territory goes soi soi soi soi soi.

Anyways, would it clear up things if I compiled a short list of what (is my impression that) defines the rules of so-called Botha mode? I would post to the CN Wiki and it is there for all to see and reference for the future.

This is suppose to be a poll but my browser keeps logging me out everytime I set up... grrr...

Edited by Botha

I would appreciate it if this manual would be made no matter what the votes turn out with Botha. It would be a huge help to making things like wars with people in Botha mode and their RP policies, everything would run smoother. If you could do that, it'd be great.

Sarah, since you're one of the GMs... please PM me with a list of any concerns, questions, or issues you would like me to address and/or answer which I can then incorporate into the manual. Thanks.

It seems every week or so I get PM'ed "What is Botha mode - please explain" or some debate comes up like in the African Mobilisation thread about what is covered by Botha mode during invasions, RP wars. etc., el al, ad naseum, my botha mode territory goes soi soi soi soi soi.

Anyways, would it clear up things if I compiled a short list of what (is my impression that) defines the rules of so-called Botha mode? I would post to the CN Wiki and it is there for all to see and reference for the future.

This is suppose to be a poll but my browser keeps logging me out everytime I set up... grrr...

I'm not sure but i think i'm the person who invented the term "Botha-mode" :awesome: blame on me

Anyway, i follow all those rules, and i never said i wont recognize RP wars... i recognize pre-planned wars if they take place in my SOI, and RP wars if they take place out of my SOI (for example, in colonies)... but not if there are 5906897048048690587098790859058795879087908908790847 soldiers deployed in 17 seconds and a bajillion tanks rolling in a 300 people town. CNRP must reflect some realism, even if some people roleplay countries that have nothing to do with their IG nations.

Edited by Junio Borghese

I'm not sure but i think i'm the person who invented the term "Botha-mode" :awesome: blame on me

Anyway, i follow all those rules, and i never said i wont recognize RP wars... i recognize pre-planned wars if they take place in my SOI, and RP wars if they take place out of my SOI (for example, in colonies)... but not if there are 5906897048048690587098790859058795879087908908790847 soldiers deployed in 17 seconds and a bajillion tanks rolling in a 300 people town. CNRP must reflect some realism, even if some people roleplay countries that have nothing to do with their IG nations.

You aren't in Botha mode because you are in land that is not within your SOI (i.e Somalia). Can't have the cake and eat it too you know.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I'm not sure but i think i'm the person who invented the term "Botha-mode"

Unless you RP'ed under a different name and then re-rolled as Junio, I'm almost sure it wasn't you. I'm pretty sure the term predates you (Junio) as I seem to recall you asking in a post for a definition of Botha Mode, after someone else made reference to the term.

Unless you RP'ed under a different name and then re-rolled as Junio, I'm almost sure it wasn't you. I'm pretty sure the term predates you (Junio) as I seem to recall you asking in a post for a definition of Botha Mode, after someone else made reference to the term.

Junio has changed his name to reflect what he RPs, and he rerolls every time he RPs a new entity. As far as I know ,JB has also been President Aliyev and Rothenberg.

No one's blaming you. But if he claims to have coined the term, there's undoubtedly legitimacy to that claim.

I know the first time I saw the term used, I'm almost sure it was in a post by Baron Uberstein or someone else who's been around for awhile in their original persona.