Operation Homeland

Markus Wilding

"Before our announcement comes, please take the time to listen to Damacious' new national anthem and war anthem."

New Anthem:

New War Anthem:

(found by a Croat student in Damacious)

"And now, to our announcement. Here is Dictator Dominc Potter now."

ca8469e24cceca09.jpg

"People of Damacious and all British people everywhere, today is our day of upcoming. Today we will show the world that, we British really are the superior race. We British are resiliant and will fight for our rights.

Friends, this is how it begins. I have observed the British Isles now under rule by the Scottish. And yet, here we are in Canada while the same people we worked with now hold our brothers under a boot. This will not stand. As it is, today I, Dominic Potter, declare war on Scotland. We will take our island back, and we will fight to the death for every square inch of land we take.

That is all."

And it is done. The task force sent earlier (see Damacious Movements) begin sailing to the northenmost tip of Scotland. When close enough, the HMS Magdeburg opens fire on Scottish defenses, beginning phase 1 of Operation Homeland. Once the initial barrage had ended, the HMS Bulwark hit the coast, unloading the troops first and providing covering fire with it's cannons and machine guns. They expected to completely steamroll Scotland, but it was up in the air as it was just the two.

ScotlandInvasion.png

OOC: For refernce, the maroon line is the initial deployment outlined in Damacious Movements, while the orange line is the DoW.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: :huh: Are you serious? You do realise that 'British' does not mean 'English' but refers to anyone of English, Welsh, Northern Irish, and Scottish ethnicity right? I will never understand why Americans find this concept so difficult to understand. You also have 200 tech to my 1200, but good luck.

IC: The Scottish government was alerted of approaching vessels hours prior to the foreign invasion of the island of Lewis and Harris.

King Douglas formally recognised a state of war between Scotland and Damacious by alerting the Scottish airforce to bomb enemy troops as the landed upon the island, which was just to the north of Great Britain.

"This declaration of war was entirely unprovoked and the claims of these madmen are baseless. As there are only two ethnicities on our island of Great Britain, the Scottish and the Welsh, we represent the ancient term of 'British' although such wording has almost been long forgotten.

The Scottish people will not stand for this outrageous attack on our sovereignty and we will crush the weak, tiny nation of Damacious without second thought. We call upon all of our allies around the world to swiftly crush these aggressors, and I have authorised the use of force against the invaders. Scottish aircraft are surging towards the island of Lewis and Harris as we speak."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Tupolev Tu-160s flew over the landing troops of Damacious and commenced bombing procedures. Casualties increased dramatically as the bombs ruthlessly destroyed the lives of the invaders, with a bomb or two landing upon the HMS Magdeburg.

Scottish troops were mobilised quickly with an estimated 5000 troops being loaded into Scottish aircraft and airdropped over the eastern portion of the island. An evacuation notice was sent to Scottish troops in Spain to return to the main island immediately. It would not be long before the invaders would be vanquished.

The Umbrella Corporation also condemns this attack.

South American our soil may be but our citizens came here ancient times ago from the British Isles and they are outraged at the rape apon the soil of our ancestors.

To all Scottish men at arms.

Kill the invaders and utterly destroy them and a message for the King.

Good look your Highness, any medical aid you wish will be sent by the Umbrella Corporation.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

OOC: :huh: Are you serious? You do realise that 'British' does not mean 'English' but refers to anyone of English, Welsh, Northern Irish, and Scottish ethnicity right? I will never understand why Americans find this concept so difficult to understand. You also have 200 tech to my 1200, but good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Tupolev Tu-160s flew over the landing troops of Damacious and commenced bombing procedures. Casualties increased dramatically as the bombs ruthlessly destroyed the lives of the invaders, with a bomb or two landing upon the HMS Magdeburg.

Scottish troops were mobilised quickly with an estimated 5000 troops being loaded into Scottish aircraft and airdropped over the eastern portion of the island. An evacuation notice was sent to Scottish troops in Spain to return to the main island immediately. It would not be long before the invaders would be vanquished.

OOC: Well, that's one hell of a mistake on my part. Whoops. Also, when you mention Magdeburg, you mean my landing ship right? My landing ship is named the HMS Bulwark; the Magdeburg is my corvette.

IC: Casualties were high, as expected. Anti-aircraft fire began pouring out from both the Magdeburg and the Bulwark, in the form of machine gun fire. Seeing a quick beat-down, the ship captains order the troops on-shore back, and are given new orders. Instead of hitting the small island, now they would be landing on the island directly. Whilst retreating, casualties thinned the ranks from 20,000 to about 9,800.

Soon, after the loading was complete, the ships took s hort journey to the heart of Scotland. As before, the Magdeburg barraged the coast, and the Bulwark unloaded again, though this time unloading all of the tanks and artillery with it to help provide fire support for the troops.

OOC: I dunno what defenses you have, so help me out. :/

Edited by N Reeki

"Every time I think it would be better to get out into the world. Something like this happens. Africa, South America, now this. The world isn't all that its cracked up to be I guess. Might as well just stay in Australia away from all this senseless warfare."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

"The Kingdom of Galicia condemns this attack on the nation of Scotland who has long been a friend to the peoples of the Iberian peninsula, we urge the warmongering Damacious to cease attacks and withdraw its forces immediately. We offer Scotland any assistance we can provide should they so desire it." -King Philip I

The Galician military entered DefCon 3 following the Damacious invasion and subsequent withdrawal of Scottish troops from the Iberian protectorate. All branches of the armed forces are now at a high level of combat readiness and there are increased patrols across Galician territory and along the border with the Scottish protectorate in Iberia.

OOC: How did you fit 45,000 troops along with tanks and artillery on one Albion-class lpd, ? That's quite a feat.

Edited by Lord Akkarin

"The Kingdom of Galicia condemns this attack on the nation of Scotland who has long been a friend to the peoples of the Iberian peninsula, we urge the warmongering Damacious to cease attacks and withdraw its forces immediately. We offer Scotland any assistance we can provide should they so desire it." -King Philip I

The Galician military entered DefCon 3 following the Damacious invasion and subsequent withdrawal of Scottish troops from the Iberian protectorate. All branches of the armed forces are now at a high level of combat readiness and there are increased patrols across Galician territory and along the border with the Scottish protectorate in Iberia.

OOC: How did you fit 45,000 troops along with tanks and artillery on one Albion-class lpd, ? That's quite a feat.

OOC:

Pack 'em like sardines. :P

The Tahoe Republic declares war on Damacious on behalf and in the defense of our Scottish friends and allies.

Four air wings, two air superiority, two fighter-bomber (eight squadrons total) stationed in Nova Scotia take to the skies to attack Damacious' aircraft and air defense installations on the ground while two more air wings and two squadrons of strategic bombers attack from continental Tahoe.

Four brigades of paratroopers and five brigades of air mobile infantry board transports for Nova Scotia to prepare for a massive aerial invasion.

OOC: Well, that's one hell of a mistake on my part. Whoops. Also, when you mention Magdeburg, you mean my landing ship right? My landing ship is named the HMS Bulwark; the Magdeburg is my corvette.

IC: Casualties were high, as expected. Anti-aircraft fire began pouring out from both the Magdeburg and the Bulwark, in the form of machine gun fire. Seeing a quick beat-down, the ship captains order the troops on-shore back, and are given new orders. Instead of hitting the small island, now they would be landing on the island directly. Whilst retreating, casualties thinned the ranks from 45,000 to about 31,600.

Soon, after the loading was complete, the ships took s hort journey to the heart of Scotland. As before, the Magdeburg barraged the coast, and the Bulwark unloaded again, though this time unloading all of the tanks and artillery with it to help provide fire support for the troops.

OOC: I dunno what defenses you have, so help me out. :/

OOC: Your in-game nation has only 10,000 soldiers and it is also impossible to unrealistic to imagine you placed 45,000 troops into a transport. It's fine if you are new at this and all, but I recommend you re-think what you are saying.

IC: Scottish bombers proceed to intercept landing troops on the Scottish mainland whilst tanks and soldiers are transported from all over the country to north-western portion of Scotland.

Following a relentless bombing campaign, Scottish soldiers engaged the enemy whilst accompanied by tanks. The surgical strike intentionally sought to destroy the Bulwark's capability of being seaworthy and continued thinning of of enemy troops. Coastal machine guns on the mainland had been set up following the invasion of Lewis and Harris, and they successfully increased enemy casualties as they exited their landing craft.

Scottish troops returning from Spain were expected to arrive within less than 20 minutes.

As Scottish soldiers surrounded the enemy, Scottish general Sean Connery expected enemy surrender to be imminent. "I've never seen such a daft attempt in my lifetime," smirked Scotland's hero.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are forever greatful to our friends in Tahoe who have always supported us no matter the odds. True friends such as these do not appear from thin air and should they ever need anything from us, all they must do is ask.

We equally appreciate the international moral support in our defence against the aggressors. It is our hope that such unwarrented aggression can be prevented in the future, following the demise and occupation of our enemy," King Douglas was quoted saying to the press.

OOC: Multiplied by 10, 10,000 become 100,000. About half of my forces sit at home, waiting for the mainland invasion. But I will change the numbers to reflect this.

IC: Infantrymen open fire with heavy weaponry and those with SMGs move up to fire as well. Artilleryfire lights up the battlefield as they bomb Scottish positions along with the tank barrage. Coupled with the HMS Magdeburg'scoastal bombarding, Damacious feels it can do everything.

Except lose. As they are surrounded, the HMS Bulwark is hit with another bomb and it sinks into the ocean. The Magdeburg, it's role done, begins sailing back to Damacious, leaving the infantry to surrender or die. They choose to surrender.

Edited by N Reeki

The Tahoe Republic declares war on Damacious on behalf and in the defense of our Scottish friends and allies.

Four air wings, two air superiority, two fighter-bomber (eight squadrons total) stationed in Nova Scotia take to the skies to attack Damacious' aircraft and air defense installations on the ground while two more air wings and two squadrons of strategic bombers attack from continental Tahoe.

Four brigades of paratroopers and five brigades of air mobile infantry board transports for Nova Scotia to prepare for a massive aerial invasion.

Anti-air defenses light up in Damacious, hoping to down the bombers and at the same time, fighters are scrambled to deal with the paratroopers while men on the ground move inward to help deal with the aerial assault.

The RSSN strongly condemns this entirely unwarranted attack on Scotland. We strongly advise Damacious to exit Europe and cease their attack on Scotland.

SIC

The Dutch Computer Warfare division initiated a cyber attack on Damacious computer systems, attempting to bring down their communications network, specifically their communications capabilities with their fleet and military operations. Another attack worked on jamming Damacious satellite communications, and radar systems. All was meant to assist Scotland and Europe, and major precautions were taken to shield the identity of the attackers.

*Private to Scotland*

Good luck, comrade.

"New England condemns this unwarranted invasion. What has Scotland done to warrant this?"

"Disparu echoes it's ally's sentiments. We would also like to note that the military of Damacious will not be allowed to pass through Disparuean territory for the duration of the war. All civilian transportation to and from Damacious will also be halted for an indefinite amount of time."

***CLASSIFIED***

Due to Damacious' sudden declaration of war, the DefCon of the Disparuean Forces has been raised from "Peacetime" to "Heightened".

The Federation of Pravus Ingruo hereby condemns this senseless invasion of Scotland, who is one of the most stable and peaceful nations in Europe. And that is saying something. We also declare war on Damacious.

**CLASSIFIED**

To: All North American Nations, minus Damacious.

Re: Cruise Missiles

Friends, neighbors, continental pen pals,

We wish to inform you that we will firing strategic, surgical strikes at Damacious government and military centers very soon. Please do not be alarmed by these missile launches, we wanted to give you fair warning.

Signed,

Tom Dobbs

President

**CLASSIFIED**

Fifty cruise missiles launched, most from ships docked at harbor around the Federation. Might as well give them some practice without revealing land-based launching sites, right? The missiles were aimed at major government buildings and all major military bases in Damacious.

Tahoan air forces swept down on the air defenses as soon as they were foolish enough to turn on their radar or attempt to reveal their location. Tahoan aircraft would for the most part be invisible to the vastly inferior radar systems and easily swept opposing aircraft from the skies. Paratroopers would land as soon as aerial sovereignty had been achieved (Tahoe already had air superiority).

Great Lakes States have moved to DEFCON 1. We strongly condemn Damacious's actions.

-------------

Classified to all North American nations except for Damacious from Great Lakes States' Department of Defense:

Any of you may use the Great Lakes to invade and punish Damacious. You might need clearance from New England or Disparu to access the Great Lakes from the Atlantic Ocean. Just avoid attacking us in the process.

We are also planning on joining the punishing of Damacious.

Edited by HHAYD

***CLASSIFIED***

250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png

TO/À: All North American Nations, except Damacious

FROM/DE: Lance Pikachurin, King of the Federation of Disparu

Greetings,

On behalf of the Government of Disparu, I hereby give clearance to all North American nations who are planning on retaliating against Damacious to use both the Arctic Passage and the St. Lawrence River (highlighted in red in this map). Just remember to identify yourselves to the proper authorities in order to prevent being intercepted, and to keep the fighting out of our territory. Please note that you may also need clearance from New England or Cyneriice Northan.

Regards,

LPikachurinSignature.png

Lance Pikachurin

King of Disparu