State of the Alliance

Tygaland

staflag.jpg

State of the Alliance

This week has seen membership numbers drop slightly to 174 due to inactive nations ceasing to exist. Our total nation strength passed the 4.8 million mark while the average nation strength approaches 28000.

In domestic news the new academy system is under way with five nations currently in the STA Academy. The academy has been staffed with guides to assist cadets through the various components of the academy. Thanks to Regolith, Kaleb Rockefeller and Muse4Music for stepping up to help out.

During the week another member of the Consilium Tigris stood down due to commitments in the other realm. This time it was Otto Verteidiger. I would like to thank Otto for his work looking after the Bank and look forward to him returning to help out again once time permits. Otto’s replacement is Bzelger who returns to the Consilium after a few months break.

Bzelger’s promotion created a vacancy in the Siberian Guard which was filled by the promotion of Aimee Mann. On behalf of the STA I congratulate Bzelger and Aimee Mann on their promotions and look forward to the continued contribution to the growth and development of the alliance.

Due to the continued rogue issues facing the alliance more members of the alliance were presented with the STA Award for Valour for assisting members of the alliance attacked by rogues. Those members were Indiana, Gamorr and Galen Arsenius who, along with Esma Everheart and Reiffenstein who had previously received the award, came to the defence of their fellow tigers without hesitation. Congratulations to all recipients of the award and thank you to all members who answered the call to defend our members in need.

The other award presented this week was the Tiger of the Month Award for November. The award once again went to Jyrinx who has received the award three times this year and looks certain to earn the Tiger of the Year Award to be presented at the end of the month. Jyrinx worked tirelessly on the new academy system during the month of November as well as assisting in various other areas of the alliance. Congratulations on your award, Jyrinx, and thank you for all the effort you have put into the alliance.

In the Siberian Trophy Bamburgh FC has relinquished top spot in the Trophy Division after their second successive league loss. This time away to Batch. Condatis Town FC has taken advantage of Bamburgh’s form slip and moved to the top of the table a point clear of Bamburgh who hold a one point lead over third-placed Batch. At the bottom of the table Team Waycool remains two games adrift in last place while Rebel United fills the other relegation place. But ,with Togashire FC slipping to within a point of the drop zone, the relegation battle looks set to go to the wire as the end of the season approaches.

In the Cup Division Mushroom Kommune surrendered the top place on the table after a shock 5-0 away defeat at bottom team The Tainers. This allowed FC Lviv to reclaim to top position after their 4-0 demolition of Lombardia FC. Despite their win The Tainers remain at the foot of the table four points behind second from bottom Archers. With Capo Salmon and Lombardia FC only a point ahead of Archers the Trophy Division relegation also looks like being an interesting battle.

The Plate Division continues to be dominated by Striking Tigers FC who maintain a five point lead over Eagles. Only Kelton and AFC Poyplonia look to have any realistic chance if challenging Eagles for the second promotion position at this stage. At the bottom of the table FC CaVala’s improved form has not translated into points and they remain a game clear on the bottom.

The second knockout cup competition of the season commenced during the week, the Twinkie Cup. The draw was completely random as opposed to the seeded draw from the Tiger Trophy and as a result a number of lower division teams have a good chance of progressing to the second round. The second leg of the first round will be played on Tuesday.

In Foreign Affairs news the Siberian Tiger Alliance has upgraded her treaty with Silence from a PIAT to a Mutual Defence/Optional Aggression Pact. The STA has a long history of friendship with members of Silence who were former members of both Dark Nations Association and League of Extraordinary Nations. When LEN and OTF merged to form Silence we lost our treaty with LEN but signed a PIAT with Silence in order to get to know the new government. It is pleasing to see that the friendship we had developed and long held with LEN is now just as strong with Silence.

Pezstar opened the December press conference discussion this week and she has been fielding a number of questions about the STA over the past week. If anyone has any questions about the STA then please feel free to post them in the press conference discussion.

Militarily it has been another week blighted by rogue attacks on our members. As is our way the STA members have answered the call to assist their comrades under attack. The nuclear rogues that attacked Skippy last week have been quickly subdued and although a number of our members suffered damage from nuclear attacks they were happy to step up and sacrifice their infrastructure in defence of their fellow tigers.

Overall, the week has been a reasonably busy one. The new academy program is up and running and a number of awards were handed out to deserving members of the alliance. The alliance itself continues to grow stronger and once the academy system begins to churn out active and knowledgeable members the alliance will only get stronger.

Za Sibir’!

Nice post count, SatanSkippy

... back on topic though ...

o/ White Chocolate

o/ destroying rogues

I like to be quick to the point, I could droll on and on about how awesome Silence is, but I can sum it up with a simple o/ Silence

Oh look, I did it again!

Edit: I fail, just realized you were talking about the 666 postcount <_<

Edited by Skippy

Za Sibir'!

Congrats to bzelger on the promotion. I've always liked him. :) Also, I would agree about LEN and OTF. I had a little contact with them when I was in CCC and I liked what I saw. ;) So the treaty with Silence is therefore awesome in my eyes. :awesome:

Keep on truckin'. o/

I've been mentioned in State of the Alliance far too much lately. I enjoyed the TIO shoutouts, the Siberian Guard promotion, but being involved in rogue attack mentions were too much :P

When I was first reading it I thought it said Skippy was quickly subdued by rogues... but then I looked back and was disappointed to see it said the rogues were subued.

o/ Peanut Butter

When I was first reading it I thought it said Skippy was quickly subdued by rogues... but then I looked back and was disappointed to see it said the rogues were subued.

o/ Peanut Butter

Don't get your hopes up too much; they were easily dispatched at minimal losses in comparison to theirs (Thanks to some great assistance from my mates)

adam-west-pic2_1243459403.jpg

"Well played. You are a worthy opponent, indeed."

<3 Mayor Adam West, truly a genius

I like BOTH Skippy and Jyrinx. You guys have been doing some really great work! You better keep it up or I'll hate both.

Just as long as you hate me more than Jyrinx and I'll feel content

Za Sibir' :wub: o/ Tyga Well you know where my nation link is should you feel like sharing some rogues for Christmas... :ph34r::ehm: I need moar body countz.... :P

Edit: still waiting on my STA sanctioned AA thingy... :v:

Edited by Stonewall14