African Mobalizations

Lavo

"You are forgetting one key point here. Even if Italica was not a colonial power we would still be acting the same way. If we wished, we could have not mentioned colonialism at all in our DoW, and it would be the same thing. I fail to see your point about democratic movements. As for your last line, is that a threat?"

It is a stated goal of the Tahoan Government to remove all colonial powers from the American Continents. The Rebel Army is the only colonial power left in the Americas.

We are not concerned that you would be acting this way even if it weren't a colony, but the fact that you are moving against a colony very similar to your own is highly hypocritical and will not serve you well in the future, as it would (and will) give you no moral basis to stand upon to defend Equador.

Let it be clear, we don't support colonialism here. We are simply commenting on the hypocrisy shown in destroying this colony while maintaing one.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We are not content with the lesser of two evils - we must proceed to get rid of both evils and replace them with the greater and lesser goods."

So where exactly does that place your relations with Transvaal - since we have a very pro-fascist government? Are we next on your crusade of madness?

Tahoe as always makes an excellent argument on the hypocracy of Ecuador.

It is a stated goal of the Tahoan Government to remove all colonial powers from the American Continents. The Rebel Army is the only colonial power left in the Americas.

We are not concerned that you would be acting this way even if it weren't a colony, but the fact that you are moving against a colony very similar to your own is highly hypocritical and will not serve you well in the future, as it would (and will) give you no moral basis to stand upon to defend Equador.

So you are claiming it's not ok for RA to hold on to Equador while you have a colony in Hawaii?

So you are claiming it's not ok for RA to hold on to Equador while you have a colony in Hawaii?

It shows your ignorance that you bring up this topic that has been beaten to death time and time again. Let the adults discuss the world in peace. The chattering class is as irrelevant here as it is always.

"Now when Italy first place its colony here no one made a move. Even when Serca and Arctica were both strongly against it and Serca blockaded the colony still nothing was done.

But I guess better late then never. Its obvious niether one will survive this afterwards."

Let it be clear, we don't support colonialism here. We are simply commenting on the hypocrisy shown in destroying this colony while maintaing one.

What you are forgetting is that Ecuador is not a colony, it is a part of the RA (albeit, with local rule and local garrison). All of this is besides the fact that Italica has made the local Somalian population second-class citizens and has institutionalized racism. No offense, but that is a far cry from the "colonialism" in Ecuador.

It shows your ignorance that you bring up this topic that has been beaten to death time and time again.

The same can be said about Ecuador.

If this travesty is permitted to continue, Transvaal is very tempted to give our portion of Angola to Italy just so they can make it fascist and flaunt it around in everyone's faces (because the colony would be located below the Botha Line and thus under our benign protection)

NationofNodMkI.jpg

From the Office of Nyani Oshibutu, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Nation of Nod

"We told you so. It appears that the rabid Mad Dog Denard has bitten others before disappearing into obscurity. We are saddened that the UMS have also been infected with such hate and ignorance.

The Aphrike Signatories dare say their invasion of two sovereign nations is just and right? For the liberation of the African people? To oppose colonialism? You are hypocrites. Hypocrites that span over entire continents. Grandfathered and spoiled.

We are war weary, and tire of conflict. But we shall not suffer war spilling over into our borders. The NoN hereby seals all borders with the nations of Novak, the UMS, and Mandalore. The closure of the Sercan/NoN border is pending a Sercan government announcement.

Our Eastern borders shall remain open to any and all civilians fleeing the oncoming conflict."

-Nyani Oshibutu, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Nation of Nod

SIC: The NoN-CMBT force is stationed along the Eastern NoN border.

100,000 Infantry (Light, Heavy, Elite Cadre) [sSIC: SAP-HE rounds have been distributed throughout the military, from the Rippers to the Sentinels. Anti-high tech infantry.

1000 Tanks (Heavy, Super-Heavy)

3000 IFVs

2500 SPAA (Medium - Thrasher - Anti-air/Cruise Missile, Heavy - Anti-air/Smart-bomb/UAV/Cruise Missile)

DEFCON 1 yet again.

All frontal aviation assets are in the air and patrolling the skies.

Development of the most recent Black Project is given top priority.

Edited by Executive Minister

If this travesty is permitted to continue, Transvaal is very tempted to give our portion of Angola to Italy just so they can make it fascist and flaunt it around in everyone's faces (because the colony would be located below the Botha Line and thus under our benign protection)

That doesn't necessarily mean that no action would be take against it.

What you are forgetting is that Ecuador is not a colony, it is a part of the RA (albeit, with local rule and local garrison). All of this is besides the fact that Italica has made the local Somalian population second-class citizens and has institutionalized racism. No offense, but that is a far cry from the "colonialism" in Ecuador.

What you are forgetting is that you are an African/Asian nation and Equador is American. You could give every Equadoran citizen a golden palace and call them God-Kings and it would still be immoral.

Italica is a sovereign nation, as far as we are aware it is not a "colony". Now Italian Somalia is a colony however last time we checked, their native population had quite a lot of empowerment (probably more so than what the so-called natives have in Southern Africa).

In either case, there is no justification for invasion of either entities except for future expansionist greed and egotistical flexing of muscles.

That doesn't necessarily mean that no action would be take against it.

Do some research on the Botha Line Doctine. Southern Angola falls south of the line as it is within our direct IG sphere of influence, thus liable to IG consequences (re: Botha mode).

Unless you want to risk an ingame war over liberating Southern Angola... then, yeah, nothing will be done about it.

Italica is a sovereign nation, as far as we are aware it is not a "colony". Now Italian Somalia is a colony however last time we checked, their native population had quite a lot of empowerment (probably more so than what the so-called natives have in Southern Africa).

In either case, there is no justification for invasion of either entities except for future expansionist greed and egotistical flexing of muscles.

Do some research on the Botha Line Doctine. Southern Angola falls south of the line as it is within our direct IG sphere of influence, thus liable to IG consequences (re: Botha mode).

Unless you want to risk an ingame war over liberating Southern Angola... then, yeah, nothing will be done about it.

OOC: Now I'm just curious... How would that work out exactly (The IG war part)?

Edited by Voodoo Nova

The Kingdom of Serca will not involve itself in this war. We will not close off any borders as of now. All navy ships have been recalled to the Sercan shores and Naval shore guns alerted.

"We cannot and wiull not risk our servicemen lives to fight a war that is already won. We will however watch this situation closely and is ready to make any and all sudden movments. As of right now our sovereignty is not threaten. That is all for now."

What you are forgetting is that you are an African/Asian nation and Equador is American. You could give every Equadoran citizen a golden palace and call them God-Kings and it would still be immoral.

We are not a nation limited to any continent. Rebel Army is a multicultural and multi-ethnic nation. If we so evil, explain how the Ecuadorians voted to become apart of the RA, and how they are at the forefront of the RA's space program and are working with their comrades on Mars in peace? But in any case, there's no point going further with this. Agree to disagree?

Italica is a sovereign nation, as far as we are aware it is not a "colony".

We aren't invading Italian Somalia, we are invading Italica. As for it being a colony, the European/white population has made the native population second class citizens and rules them with a brutal fascist fist.

We know what the Botha Line is. As for a war, we would rather not start one, but this is all hypothetical, is it not?

OOC: I can't attack you IG anyways, so I can't see how this would work. :v:

I'm not sure since neither Lavo and myself are in range to fight a war ;)

Anything south of the Botha Line is basically my land claim based on IG sphere on influence.

From time to time I dole out territory (like I have to Rhodesia and shared with Arctica) for others to use (to get other nations into CNRP) but always with the cavaet that if their interest withdraws then the land reverts back to me. Their territory is ultimately based on my claim.

In return for international recognition of the line, I have never claimed anything north of it (even though my SOI extends quite beyond the line. I've agreed to be perpeutally stuck with my northern frontier.

Anyways, so what's stopping me from using my land claim to then let the Italians (or anyone else I chose) from setting up a colony on my claim?

Keep in mind in Southern Africa there is a long legacy of ovelapping and/or 'loaned' land claims (prime example was early history of Arctica) - for lack of better term or description.

OOC: Nothing is stopping you, I'm just saying my stance ICly. The RA despises Italica because it made the natives second-class citizens and is fascist. For the record, I am not at war with Junio's Italy.

We aren't invading Italian Somalia, we are invading Italica. As for it being a colony, the European/white population has made the native population second class citizens and rules them with a brutal fascist fist.

Some less-informed people would make the same observation about Transvaal

OOC: nice to see some diplomatic sparks flying in Africa again, although no surprise it is yet again over Somalia.

"As expected, Tahoe and Viniland whine over Ecuador without any substantial reason. As everyone knows, allowing a nation join yours when they ask and petition you, after a democratic vote, is the same as colonialism. It is also worth noting that one of these criticizers attacked Ecuador with nuclear weapons in cold blood. So excuse us if we care about your opinion as much as smelly trash. Regardless, we would still hit Italica even if they were not colonists, as they are #^$&!*@ fascists. Scum like that do not deserve to see the light of day."

"Spin it all you want and stamp a benevolent face in your actions, but Rebel Army's colonization of Ecuador is in essence the same as Italy's colonization of Somalia. For all we know, Rebel soldiers forced Ecuadorians to vote for integration at gunpoint - quem sabe?

But that is besides the point - what matters is that Rebel Army colonizaded Ecuador and American nations did not take an issue with it because it created no instability or detriment of welfare of the Ecuadorians - and as far as the globe is concerned, Italy colonized Somalia and did not create instability or undermine the well-being of the Somalians. Precisely the same scenario - the only difference is that Italy is being attacked for it.

At least be sincere and share with the world what is the real reason for the attacks. Dislike for autocracy? Bullying a weaker power? No one knows yet."

It shows your ignorance that you bring up this topic that has been beaten to death time and time again. Let the adults discuss the world in peace. The chattering class is as irrelevant here as it is always.

In that case, come down off your High Horse and humor us. Explain how Hawaii is Geographically and Ethnically linked to Tahoe. Or if you wont explain it to us, would you prefer for us to get a Christian for you to explain it to?

Edited by Marquis Chris 1

In that case, come down off your High Horse and humor us. Explain how Hawaii is Geographically and Ethnically linked to Tahoe. Same goes for Midway. Or if you wont explain it to us, would you prefer for us to get a Christian for you to explain it to?

"Midway's population was precisely zero since the shifting of the tectonic plates allowed its formation until Viniland set foot on the territory.

And we believe you have missed the point entirely. What Viniland is decrying is that Rebel Army is claiming "malicious imperialism" on Italy's part when in colonial terms, they have done precisely as much as them - not that colonies are inherently wrong.

But that is besides the point - what matters is that Rebel Army colonizaded Ecuador and American nations did not take an issue with it because it created no instability or detriment of welfare of the Ecuadorians - and as far as the globe is concerned, Italy colonized Somalia and did not create instability or undermine the well-being of the Somalians. Precisely the same scenario - the only difference is that Italy is being attacked for it.

"I believe there is some confusion here, we are not attacking Repubblica Italiana, but we are attacking Italica. Italian Somalia is another issue in and of itself, but that is not the issue at hand, the issue at hand is that of Italica."

lolsomaliawar1.png

Italica, in light green, the nation currently at war with Rebel Army.