Do Events still happen

Decomposition

My nation is 108 days old with 100 days of tax collection but not a single event. One guy in my alliance has not had an event for about 200 days of tax collection.

Please don't tell me that this is just bad luck. The official chance of an event per tax collection is 10% which means that the odds of not getting an event for 100 days is about 1 in 37000 and for 200 days about 1 in 140 million.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

:popcorn:

My nation is 108 days old with 100 days of tax collection but not a single event. One guy in my alliance has not had an event for about 200 days of tax collection.

Please don't tell me that this is just bad luck. The official chance of an event per tax collection is 10% which means that the odds of not getting an event for 100 days is about 1 in 37000 and for 200 days about 1 in 140 million.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

:popcorn:

sometimes that is not a bad thing at all.

I have recently had an event, and personally, i dont like them. You may get a good one, but you get so used to your income that is generated from the Happiness, and when the Months up, its taken away and your income falls. I would like to avoid them, but you obviously cant. But you have managed to...

I don't think the odds are 10%, if you could show me where that's written then I'll believe you but I get them about once a month, it could be slightly more actually, and that's since I made my nation in April 2006. That's about a 4% chance of getting one on tax collection.

Come to think of it, I haven't had an event in a really long time. But like others have said, having no events isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes you can get a series of really bad ones, and that REALLY sucks!

yeah thats true. still, some people like the risk. i had two events a while back about 2 days apart, but havent had one since. and that was around 2 months ago...

In the old days I used to have ~3 events active at any time, but from this summer onwards I have had less than one per month. Of course, collecting taxes less frequently (or rather, having more and longer periods without tax collecting at all) have something to do with it, but I still collect on most days.

I don't think the odds are 10%, if you could show me where that's written then I'll believe you but I get them about once a month, it could be slightly more actually, and that's since I made my nation in April 2006. That's about a 4% chance of getting one on tax collection.

The 10% figure is from the wiki page:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Events

Also what I was told by one of the admins.

I know events can be bad but it just feels like one of the features of the game is not really active anymore. Odds of 1 in 140 million go a little beyond just bad luck

<_<

ehh. I don't like them too much. I receive about one per month and used to receive a lot. Even when they are good events I don't like them.

because, once the month is up, all the benefits your nation receives goes away, which gives you a feeling of annoyance and disappointment