Blue Heaven Herald

kitex

[b]Public[/b]

Today, in Twilight Province, the arrest of 20 high-profile members of the criminal organization, the Northern Alliance occured. The Minister of Justice, Robert Devita commented that "the capture of the 20 HVTs is the first of many steps to dismantle the organization and we will continue to do whatever is necessary to defeat this criminal enterprise."

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Public[/b]

There was a massive scandal today as the governor of the town of Ru Zok in Twilight Province was accused of stealing money from the town's coffers to buy several houses and business for herself. The governor of Ru Zok was arrested earlier this morning and is now in prison, awaiting trial.

[b]Public[/b]

All parties are currently going through the long process of selecting their prime minster nominees for next month's election. Traditionalist Party speaker John McCain is quoted as saying of current Prime Minister Roger Smith "The Traditionalist Party plans on sticking with Smith as he enjoys a reasonable approval rating and acted decisively during the national economic crisis."

[b]Public[/b]

The government is announcing that it will be building 100 2K12 Kubs, which are medium-ranged anti-aircraft guns and also 50 S-200 Dvinas which are long-range anti-aircraft guns. They should be constructed and deployed by mid-April.

***Private to Nova Sel Terra***

Dear leader(s) of NST,

The government of Blue Heaven, in order to establish friendly relations with nations in the Pacific, would like to aid your nation with $300 million in aid, as well as, if you'd like, several companies of Civil Affairs soldiers to come over to the NST to help in the rebuilding. Also several construction companies such as Nanack Inc., are interested in coming into your nation to help rebuilding.

Sincerely,
Jenny Ganz (BH diplomat to NST)

[b]Public[/b]

Today the Ministry of Defense announced that the 3rd Combat Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division are to depart to the Federation of Baskan for joint military training. Also the construction company Jynx Inc. and the communications company Dial Tone are also making moves into Baskan, with both setting up a company headquarters there. Both companies held a joint press conference in which they announced that they'd be working together to provide the people of Baskan with well paying jobs and quality infrastructure and communications. Also the Ministry of Foreign Affairs annouced that Blue Heaven and Baskan are exchanging diplomats and that the Blue Heaven diplomat will arrive within one week.

Edited by kitex

[b]Public[/b]

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just annouced that next month a total of $200 million annually will be given to the Federation of Baskan to help them build up their military and economy.

[b]Public[/b]

Golf Company, 1st Combat Batt., 2nd CB, 1st ID is going to be deployed to the nation of Greater Pacifica next week to begin joint military training and also Pacifican military culture and history.

[b]Public[/b]

Today in Lower Parliament, debating began on healthcare, specifically whether or not people should be able to buy it across provincial lines. Also the Ministry of the Enviornment has announced that it plans to petition Parliament to see that national parks are created and that the fuel efficiency for cars is increased to 50 mph on the highway and 40 mph in the city.

Also the Ministry of Defense announced a change in the structure of infantry divisions, that one Civil Affairs company would be eliminated from each division and those same people would be turned into a signals company. That would leave the divisional structure looking like this:

[list]
3 combat brigades with a cook for every platoon (6,000 soldiers)

1 artillery battalion with 125 pieces of artillery (1,000 soldiers)

1 logistics battalion (1,000 soldiers)

1 engineering battalion (1,000 soldiers)

1 civil affairs company (200 soldiers)

1 military police company (200 soldiers)

2 recon companies (400 soldiers)

1 signals company (200 soldiers)
[/list]

The change is supposed to be complete within the coming weeks.

[b]Public[/b]

Today the Ministry of Defense announced that they may send in elements of the 3rd Brigade into Bohovia to help them fight the TUO terrorists in addition to the Ranger platoon that's already there. Also Parliament has reached a decision on two things. Firstly, they have passed legislation that would allow people to buy insurance across provincial lines and also have passed an aid package of $1.5 billion to give to Bohovia after the conflict ends so that they may fully rebuild and have a prosperous economy.

[i]BREAKING NEWS[/i]

This just in it has been announced by both the Utopian and Progressive party leaders that the two parties will be merging together by the end of the month and , also this just in, the Anarchist party has dissolved. We now go to the Parliamentary building live to see what the Anarchist Party leader has to say about this.

[i]Camera shifts to Parliamentary Building and focuses on a Robert Staff, founder and leader of the Anarchist Party. He is around the age of 45 and has brown hair, blue eyes with horn rimmed glasses and is wearing a blue suit and red tie[/i]

"The Anarchist Party is dissolving effective immediately due to internal problems. That is all."

Robert Staff then leaves the podium and walks off to the left.

[i]Camera focuses back on newcaster Nia Long[/i]

"Well there you have it. Also, just before we leave, starting tommorrow, the [i]Blue Heaven Herald[/i] will be including an Op-Ed section where people from political analsyts to ordinary citizens can submit there editorials. A raffel will be held everyday the night before to see who's will be in the newspaper. Go on [url="http://www.blueheavenherald.bh"]www.blueheavenherald.bh[/url] now and click on Editorials to submit yours today!"

[b]Public[/b]

[i]BREAKING NEWS:[/i]

Yesterday, Prime Minister Smith declared war on the nation on Tahoe! In his speech he didn't give any reason as to why, yet afterwared Minister of Defense Colin Powell released a statement saying that Tahoen military personnel did not leave Florida, which is a part of the Northern Republic. The Tahoen soldiers refusing to leave NR soil constitutes an act of war and the NR quickly recognized an state of war between themselves and Tahoe. The NR then enacted the CAN MDP and the Canadian Empire declared, as well as several nation in Asia, most notably the Kingdom of Cochin, Greater Pacifica, and the Queendom of Australia as well as several nations in Europe such as the Slavic Union, the Crimea, and the Italian Federation. It seems that nations from all over the world are tired of Tahoe's arrogant stance in international and continental affairs and have finally decided to put a stop to it.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='14 April 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1271287069' post='2260570']
"How interesting. Tahoan troops had been in Florida for a long time, and you all did not even do something about that until recently. Delayed reaction much?"
[/quote]

***Private to FSA***

"Well we knew, but we thought the NR was fine with it. Then they come and pull [i]this [/i]on us... It just gets confusing trying to figure it all out."
- Low level BH diplomat

***Top Secret***

[i]Operation Helba Key[/i] is ready to go into effect at anytime, due to the knowledge of Tahoe's nuclear arsenal. Everyone and everything is on standby.

The military has begun research of chemical agents, mainly cyanogen chloride and sulfur mustard gas, but also anthrax and using the the toxins from Irukandji jellyfish and trying to form it into a concentrated solution, as to use to poison a nation's water supply.

Also in the next ten years, non nuclear EMPs will be researched and tested.

Edited by kitex

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Public[/b]

Blue Heaven forces have moved a total of 100 miles into Tahoen territory. Our forces have taken several towns. Unfortunately we have lost 100 soldiers along the way. They are to be buried at the National Military Cemetery in Mirelle Province.

In political news, the Utopian Progressive Party and Militarist Parties have both voiced their opposition to the war with Tahoe and have proposed legislation to end the war immediately and pay Tahoe $5 billion over the next five years in war reps.

[b]Private[/b]

The entire Ranger Battalion and the 1st Airbone Division are being mobilized.

[b]Public[/b]

The Utopian Progressive party's proposal to end the war with Tahoe was voted down in Parliament by the Traditionalist and Militarist parties.

In other news, a total of 60 members of the Northern Alliance, the nation's largest criminal organization was dealt a serious blow yesterday as the two most important financial leaders in the organization were caught.

Edited by kitex

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Public[/b]

The Prime Minister has signed legislation that was proposed by the Utopian Progressive Party to end the war with Tahoe by pulling out all BH forces. The Prime Minister issued this statement "The only reason we entered the war againist Tahoe was due to diplomatic pressure from the Northern Republic and the Canadian Empire. I promise that when it comes to the issue of sending our servicemen and women to die for our nation, that [i]no[/i] nation shall influence us. Period."

The Prime Minister's popularity rating is now at 62%, when he started out his second term, it was at 83%.

[b]Public[/b]

Today Dorothy Smith, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, annouced that the Blue Heaven-Canadian Empire border was officially closed until further notice, pending the full clean up of the nuclear residue on CE soil. The First Battalion of the 1st Infantry Division was sent, in HAZMAT suits, to the BH-CE border to make sure that no CE citizens come over to Blue Heaven and vice versa.

In Twilight Province, citizens nearest the Canadian border have fled inland, giving way to at least 20 ghost towns.

In response to Blue Heavens closing of their borders and Militarising it, The Army of Marshals, a force of 45,000 men has been deployed to the border to prevent any potential incursians from Blue Heavens military, the Army of the Hudson Bay shall also be deployed to the border as a precaution.
Logistics regiments from each Army shall be re initiating the DMZ and by Imperial Decree, anyone caught inside the DMZ will be shot without warning.