Meeting in Singapore

iKrolm

Reino shook his head, raising a hand in protest.

R - "For honesty's sake, i would have to object to that conclusion. While 9% is obviously larger than 2%, it should be mentioned that the 2% we have mentioned does not include inflation. Assuming an inflation rate between 1% and 3%* we estimate actual interest rates to lie between 2,5% and 5,5%. We do not know if Minilla's 9% is already corrected for inflation as we do not have those figures available."

* OOC: took the Eurozone average

Ianelli looked on in a bit of disbelief, "We appreciate the Queen's offer to loan us the cash. However, we have the money earmarked for this project. Our years of self-sufficiency have allowed us to build a massive surplus to do projects like this. We offered the loans to you guys because we thought that you did not have the money. At least we understood Selenarctos didn't. But, getting back to the Authority set-up: What the Authority would do is, not only perform basic maintenance, but would also use the toll money for needed enhancements. By requiring that they do not show a profit, whatever moneys is left after expenses would be split in the manner we proposed."

OOC: Sorry, been sick.

IC: Even adjusted for inflation, the Zargathian interest rate is favorable.

For the tunnels' entrance and exit point plus associated train yard, we can lease the majority of the peninsular region southwest of Tuas to the Tunnel Authority as well land to connect to the Interasia Rail Line.

Edited by iKrolm

"Overall, we have no objections to the proposed member board, though we are a bit uncertain as to how the Chair would be elected. Would he rotate between Minilla, Singacorp and Selenarctos?"

"Also, about the trains. Would they be using diesel, gas, electrical or hybrid engines?"

OOC: Sorry, been sick.

IC: Even adjusted for inflation, the Zargathian interest rate is favorable.

For the tunnels' entrance and exit point plus associated train yard, we can lease the majority of the peninsular region southwest of Tuas to the Tunnel Authority as well land to connect to the Interasia Rail Line.

This would work for us. We would also be offering a similar setup on the Southern end by the Sunda Strait regarding a train yard. As far as the consists, we were talking electrical as the primary, with hybrids and diesels for backup and switching/freight tasks.

"Very well. The Zargathian trains run on electricity without a reliance on third rails or overhead lines, and as such they would be able to reach the other end of the tunnel even in the case of massive power failures. Given Zargathia's environmental policy, we would be able to lease these trains to you at no additional cost as far as these tunnels are concerned, yet any additional trains for national use will need to be charged for i'm afraid."

OOC: And as for the draft, i have no idea. I'm basically supplying the trains if necessary, but as far as tunnel authority is concerned i'm not really a party since it doesn't run over my land. I suggest having the charter include a board that is in charge of maintenance and international legislation, and any maintenance Singacorp would need to perform would answer to the board in turn.

OOC:

A quick summary of details so far (from memory, so I probably missed some):

• The layout of the tunnels (map)
  • Organization of the Tunnel Authority
  • Construction/Maintenance rights to Singacorp
  • Land grant of the Tuas Peninsula to the Tunnel Authority
  • Loan from Zargathia to Singapore

• 2 weeks later...
OOC:

A quick summary of details so far (from memory, so I probably missed some):

• The layout of the tunnels (map)
  • Organization of the Tunnel Authority
  • Construction/Maintenance rights to Singacorp
  • Land grant of the Tuas Peninsula to the Tunnel Authority
  • Loan from Zargathia to Singapore

OOC: I thought that the Construction rights went to Singacorp, that the Authority would be managing the tunnels?

My apologies, I have been busy with RL.

OOC: I thought that the Construction rights went to Singacorp, that the Authority would be managing the tunnels?

My apologies, I have been busy with RL.

OOC: Indeed. Singacorp would be in charge of construction, and the Authority would be in charge of managing the tunnels. Singacorp would still be the one performing maintenance, but will need to defer to the Authority as it would be one of the Authority's tasks.

• 2 weeks later...